PDA

View Full Version : Great site!!

onearmedbandit
26th October 2002, 21:27
Hey all,

First up, great site (as the title states!). I'm a member of a couple of American sites, even a Moderator for Superbikeclub.com. But, I'll be coming here more now.

As my screen name suggests, I'm down one arm. Highsided my Gixxer 750 5yrs ago, and ripped 5 main nerves out of my spine. So I still have my left arm, just doesn't do much. (I'm waiting for Stem Cell use.) I didn't ride for about 4yrs, just a couple of times on mates bikes, when they weren't looking. So I got myself a VTR250 Spada last year for $900, put a thumb-lever clutch on the right bar, and away I went. Haven't looked back since, and find riding just as easy with one arm as I did two. Been known to shame many a able-bodied rider on larger machines around the hills.
My plan was to buy another Gixxer 750 this year (some people never learn ah?) but an RGV came my way, cheap once again. Well, she's currently sitting in my garage with a broken powervalve, the rest are worn in the pin, and two lightly scored cylinders. This bikes a keeper, something I'll never sell. So I'll spend the money to get her going again.

Well, sorry for the excess carry on, but now you know who I am. Look forward to getting to know you guys and gals.

:done:

wari
26th October 2002, 21:39
Brother .. good to see ya here !!!

onearmedbandit
26th October 2002, 21:44
Thanks for letting me know. The layout and use is very similar to what I'm used to, and I'm sure once word spreads this place will grow and grow.

wari
26th October 2002, 21:46
No sweat ... and lets hope it does grow !

slmcknight
29th October 2002, 01:49
Great Site.

Maybe I can be the first American to sign up to the Kiwi board.

I wish this site was around a month ago when I was getting ready to travel to NZ for vacation.

I could have met more riders from NZ and maybe ridden more than I did in while on vacation.

Hope to see y'all around.

slmcknight

onearmedbandit
29th October 2002, 22:38
Hey Stephen,

The bandit here. Good to see you made it home safe!! Will see you around here, and that other place, what was it called again?...

slmcknight
30th October 2002, 02:04
Originally posted by onearmedbandit
Hey Stephen,

The bandit here. Good to see you made it home safe!! Will see you around here, and that other place, what was it called again?...

Ya, made it home:argh: I would rather be there, riding through the twisties.

When you said "that other place, what was it called again?" what did you mean? What other place.

Anyway, good to see y'all around. When I was on vacation there, I said that I probably won't be able to go back to NZ, due to time and limited travel dollars. However, I am saving my pennies (something you guys don't use) to go back.

You guys need to come to the States and visit the east coast (NJ, NY, DC, PA). I will take you to the local haunts and twisties for some riding.

Talk to you later
slmcknight

slmcknight
30th October 2002, 02:06
Hey, I just noticed my title as "Scooter Boy":argh: .

I know my bike (cruiser:brick: ) wasn't much in NZ, compared to everybody else's ride, but "Scooter Boy". Next time, I am getting the VFR!:bigthumb:

wari
30th October 2002, 08:13
However, I am saving my pennies (something you guys don't use) to go back.

Next time ... come back in Jan - April ... and get in some good weather.

BTW ... did you get to see the Air NZ NPC final (rugby) on FoxSports??

slmcknight
30th October 2002, 09:47
No, when was the final?
I have been looking for more rugby in the States, but there is scant coverage.

Fox sports only shows major sports that are popular in the states (i.e. Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball, some Tennis, very little Soccer).

wari
1st November 2002, 08:05
... was on last Saturday Oct 26th ... it was an awesome game too ... well some of us were happier about the result than others though. Ask Onearm who won if you wanna know the result ... oh thats right , his team didn't make the final ... heh heh ... :bigthumb:

That probably means he has to :beer:

Mom
28th February 2015, 16:21
Not sure if this be the first one, but close I reckon. Someone should ask OAB seeing he started this one.

It's not against the rules if you admit you're dredging haha.

Someone should dredge the first ever thread.

...possibly this one http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/59-Wet-Weather-Tyres

Spanks first thread wasn't until November of that year.

Tazz
28th February 2015, 16:37
Inspirational guy for sure....but....what is the point of your 'dredge'?

EJK
28th February 2015, 17:10
Hey all,

First up, great site (as the title states!). I'm a member of a couple of American sites, even a Moderator for Superbikeclub.com. But, I'll be coming here more now.

As my screen name suggests, I'm down one arm. Highsided my Gixxer 750 5yrs ago, and ripped 5 main nerves out of my spine. So I still have my left arm, just doesn't do much. (I'm waiting for Stem Cell use.) I didn't ride for about 4yrs, just a couple of times on mates bikes, when they weren't looking. So I got myself a VTR250 Spada last year for $900, put a thumb-lever clutch on the right bar, and away I went. Haven't looked back since, and find riding just as easy with one arm as I did two. Been known to shame many a able-bodied rider on larger machines around the hills.
My plan was to buy another Gixxer 750 this year (some people never learn ah?) but an RGV came my way, cheap once again. Well, she's currently sitting in my garage with a broken powervalve, the rest are worn in the pin, and two lightly scored cylinders. This bikes a keeper, something I'll never sell. So I'll spend the money to get her going again.

Well, sorry for the excess carry on, but now you know who I am. Look forward to getting to know you guys and gals.

:done:

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Maha
28th February 2015, 17:18

He needed two gloves back then.

Mental Trousers
28th February 2015, 19:27
The url for it says it's post #115

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/53-Great-site!!?p=115#post115

Akzle
28th February 2015, 20:23

rbjiafp.
Ten fuck shit cunt

Virago
28th February 2015, 23:54
This is the first I reckon.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/2-New-2003-sv650s?p=2#post2

Mental Trousers
1st March 2015, 10:23
This is the first I reckon.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/2-New-2003-sv650s?p=2#post2

That's probably as close as we'll get. The first post was most likely a "testing testing" which then got deleted.

Mom
1st March 2015, 12:42
That's probably as close as we'll get. The first post was most likely a "testing testing" which then got deleted.

I just stalked Spanks profile, his join date was the date he started this thread, so I reckon you are bang on.

Murray
1st March 2015, 17:01
I just stalked Spanks profile, his join date was the date he started this thread, so I reckon you are bang on.

Stalking Spankme could be dangerous!!! Though I dont think you have Asian descent so you could be OK??