PDA

View Full Version : CHEF wanted - Wellington

ManDownUnder
4th July 2007, 11:56
My brother's 40th is coming up on 1 January and I want to put on a party - full spread of good food at his house (so the kids can be involved) but not burden him or his wife with ANYTHING.

I want to pay someone for the following:
1) Shopping... plan the meal, and get the goods - which I will pay for of course)
2) Preparation and cooking
3) Serving
4) Clean up/pack down.

I'm talking about feeding 14 people (ish) 8 adults and 6 kids as the plans stand right now.

I expect there will also be a need to hire crockery etc.

Something to note - it must be at his house. He has a special needs son that doesn't like unfamiliar surroundings.

Does anyone out there in KB land do this stuff, or know of anyone that does? Perhaps a chef training school where a couple of the 3rd or 4th year students want to earn some dosh?

Ideas are very welcome. Bring it on!

cowboyz
4th July 2007, 11:58
I could doit for you.

Does he like KFC or McDs?

ManDownUnder
4th July 2007, 12:00
I could doit for you.

Does he like KFC or McDs?

te he...*ding* "next..."

Crasherfromwayback
4th July 2007, 12:01
Hey mate.....The Wellington Spit Roast Company are fantastic....they'll sort everything!

janno
4th July 2007, 12:06
Your local polytech should be able to sort you out - give them a ring. We used to do that all the time for family gatherings in New Plymouth and worked out really well.

Was a win/win for all concerned.

ManDownUnder
4th July 2007, 12:16
Hey mate.....The Wellington Spit Roast Company are fantastic....they'll sort everything!

Your local polytech should be able to sort you out - give them a ring. We used to do that all the time for family gatherings in New Plymouth and worked out really well.

Was a win/win for all concerned.

Awesome - cheers... keep 'em coming (as the nympho said to the priest)

Crasherfromwayback
4th July 2007, 13:14
A mate of mine's also had these people sort a dinner out for him...he rated it!

www.temptationscatering.co.nz

Hitcher
4th July 2007, 13:27
Here's another one:
http://www.sarahsearanckecatering.co.nz/

WarlockNZ
4th July 2007, 13:27
I'll assume that Hotchefnz is a chef ?? LOL .. send him a PM and see what he has to say.

dogsnbikes
4th July 2007, 13:50
pm sent........

ManDownUnder
4th July 2007, 14:00
I just found out two of the kids are on no wheat no dairy diets so that might influence things, but a quality 3 course meal is the go...

Soup, mains and salads, and deserts. Or buffet style?

Mains being something nice like venison perhaps (can source that through rellies) or really good lamb or beef dish.

Here's a description of the house/facilities in case it is relevant... feedback from Grandma (who knows the house better than I)

Leo and Freya (the kids) are on no wheat, no dairy diets (I think that's all) they like meat and crinkle chippies (hot) and fruit.

They have a tiny kitchen and no dishwasher, but a large dining table!

Probably a family do would be best - that's 16 anyway! Maybe in the middle of the day - to suit children and bedtimes! Well when I say middle, about that - maybe a buffet style and that would save worrying about seats round the table for everyone!

Adrian (big bro) must have the best red wine cellar on tap anyway. Perhaps the grandparents could then babysit of the evening and let the adults (bros and sisters) go out for a while.

So out of all of that... a midday day buffet style meal - ongoing leaisurely meal through till 3:00 or something possibly 5:00 (knowing my family)

Crasherfromwayback
4th July 2007, 14:26
I just found out two of the kids are on no wheat no dairy diets so that might influence things, but a quality 3 course meal is the go...

May pay to check out the link I posted Bruva....they claim to be Special Dietary Needs friendly!

Str8 Jacket
4th July 2007, 16:32
I am a qualified chef. I havent worked in the industry for about 6-7 years but still have some contacts, funnily enough mostly in Wgtn! Let me know if you'd like me to see what they could do for you?....

Colapop
4th July 2007, 17:55
I can cook but I prefer to eat. I'll come along and 'test' all the food... :innocent:

ManDownUnder
4th July 2007, 18:15
I can cook but I prefer to eat. I'll come along and 'test' all the food... :innocent:

No worries - we'll start with Pig testicle cubes (a delicacy in Portugal... ask me how I know... :sick::sick::sick:)

Str8 Jacket
4th July 2007, 18:16
If they provided all the gear, cooking facilities ets then I could even consider doing it myself. If you were desperate....