PDA

View Full Version : Lost - the TV series. What the hell was that about tonight?

MD
4th July 2007, 22:08
Dear fellow Lost fans...if any are still left.
There are only 2 TV shows I watch. Lost and Prison Break.
I have been close to giving up on Lost so many times. The series got so bloody drawn out and it seemed the script was Lost, so they just made up stupid side stories to fill the hour.
Anyway, back to the title. Who saw tonights series ending and didn't end up throwing the telly out the window in;

(a) disgust. At a promising story going downhill

(b) disappoinment. That you have to wait another year for a fix
Or,
(c) Get lost Producers. I can't be stuffed watching you milk the viewers any longer while you search for the missing ending, that a Scriptwriter left under their couch one night after a hard night on the piss.

So it took me until the closing seconds to figure out that the 'flash backs' to Jack all drunk and suicidal were in fact 'flash-forwards'
So bloody what, I can't be stuffed watching another, and another series, as they bring in new characters to replace tonights exits. Isn't it just handy that they have a whole Freighter full sitting 80 km off the Island to step ashore next series.
On the up side, atleast tonight was a good old fashioned blood bath with the goodies dealing to heaps of the badies.
But what the hells with Lock? Another character well past his use by date.
Rant over. Change channel.

edit- I tried to do a search for the old Lost discussion but no luck so started a newie.

babyblade250rr
4th July 2007, 22:12
i know what a ridiculous ending, it's like you've been watching the programme forever (well seems like forever) not really getting any wiser throughout the series causing your brain to go round in circles all week waiting for the next episode to clarify atleast a small section of your confusion but NO!!! leaves you in the lurch everytime!!

And i'm still left in the lurch with this stupid season final

I HATE LOST!!

But i will watch it again next season grrrrr im a sucker for punishment:angry:

Kornholio
4th July 2007, 22:14
Yeah man was totally disheartened... I am Lost with Lost...bloodbath was ok :/

Krusti
4th July 2007, 22:19
..........and poor Charlie!

NUTBAR
4th July 2007, 22:21
lock didnt want to leave because he thought he might end up in the wheel chair again.
as for the rest of the ending.... wtf????
what a total disapointment.:zzzz::zzzz:

Krusti
4th July 2007, 22:23
So, who was that in the coffin at the funeral home?

NUTBAR
4th July 2007, 22:23
..........and poor Charlie!

yes poor charlie still didnt get to shag that hotie.:shit:

cowboyz
4th July 2007, 22:27
I have watched lost every week and every week I declare I am not wasting any more of my time on it.

few questions though.

WTF did charlie not jump on the other side of the door when he closed it?

OR.. let the whole place flood. Big deal. they swam down there .. why not swim out.

Good to see sawyer grow some gonads and shoot someone with a big speech about how they should stay alive.

Lock pisses me off. Someone shoot him... oh yeah, thats already happened. A guy who has ruled the island for fuck knows how many years cant aim for the head?

At least I get my wednesday nights back for a while.

gijoe1313
4th July 2007, 22:33
Heh, I was doing the old channel surfing (on the rare occasion I flop in front of the boob tubet) and saw bits and pieces of it ... I pity you guys who've been following the series. Wasn't up to much! Charpelle on TV4 was blardy funny... Cold case was too much along CSI/Law & Order/etc. al ..

No wonder I gave up watching general telly ages ago! Sheesh!

Kendog
4th July 2007, 22:41
Its a hard show to enjoy, and a hard show to stop watching.

nallac
4th July 2007, 22:54
it was a lame ending.
But still lookin forward to another series

About bloody time they gave it to the others:2guns:

Yeah so who was in the coffin????.
lock?
juliet?
ben?
michael?

Sam I Am
4th July 2007, 23:02
LOST me a long time ago...........it's a shaggy dog story and pissed me off rotten.

SARGE
4th July 2007, 23:18
bring back 24

Mystery
4th July 2007, 23:38
I HATE LOST!!

But i will watch it again next season grrrrr im a sucker for punishment:angry:
Me too! I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that the final series will be in 2010! :gob: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-06-lost_N.htm

cowboyz
5th July 2007, 06:50
it was a lame ending.
But still lookin forward to another series

About bloody time they gave it to the others:2guns:

Yeah so who was in the coffin????.
lock?
juliet?
ben?
michael?

I am picking it was lock. Because no one would show up to his funeral.

As a little spoiler I got my thinking cap on.

You know how they like to mislead and lie about what has happened.

In the final scenes from last night it showed Jack talking to the ship and the ship saying that they would be right there. We assumed that the ship came, rescused them and then follows on to Jack and Kate talking by the airport.

What if that ship was not how they got off the island? I bet you that in the start of the next series that they will still be on the island, the boat will come, or not, and something will happen so show that that is not how they got off the island.

Krusti
5th July 2007, 06:59
Or they will say that they had actually met at the airport prior to the crash and actually already knew each other, you never know with those screwed up writers!

caesius
5th July 2007, 07:40
few questions though.

WTF did charlie not jump on the other side of the door when he closed it?

OR.. let the whole place flood. Big deal. they swam down there .. why not swim out.

Because then Desmond's vision wouldn't come true. Charlie had to die like in Desmond's "dreams".

Cajun
5th July 2007, 08:31
get use to lost not telling you anything
gonna be 7 series of it(series 3 just finshed)

so thats alot of hours of nothing to full up

NordieBoy
5th July 2007, 08:39
Lost? :no:

Never seen it, should I?

What's it about?

The Pastor
5th July 2007, 08:44
lost doesnt refer to the fact that they don't know where they are, the name "lost" refers to the plot.

The orgainal guys only wanted to make 2 seris, but then the net work made them make heaps cos of money reasons.

did anyone tape a copy of last nights episode or have a downloaded copy on cd? box of piss in it if u can sort me out.

mark247
5th July 2007, 08:54
lost doesnt refer to the fact that they don't know where they are, the name "lost" refers to the plot.

The orgainal guys only wanted to make 2 seris, but then the net work made them make heaps cos of money reasons.

did anyone tape a copy of last nights episode or have a downloaded copy on cd? box of piss in it if u can sort me out.

Find a torrent website and download it. I saw the last Lost ep for this season over a month back.

FREE2B
5th July 2007, 11:56
Lost is the best thing on TV. Makes you think and stimulates the imagination. Wheres the fun in watching something that just brainlessly spoonfeeds everything to you??
Anyways...did anyone else think the coffin looked very short and wide?? not like your usual dimensions???

Lissa
5th July 2007, 12:13
I heard that LOST is not going to finish until the year 2010. Next seasons will be only 16 eps long. If this is the case (which I am pretty sure it is) than I will probably give up on it, there will be more interesting programs to watch by then.

... its confusing and annoys me that I cant work anything out. I just hope that the story writers actually have a clear view of were the show is going, and the ending of the series will have to be a bloody good one... There is no way they will get off the island for a few years yet.

Somehow all the people on LOST are connected in someway. Cant figure it out. And whats that bloody black cloud Monster thing? Anyway I thought they were actually all dead, and they are all in a state between heaven and hell. Actually I am starting not to care.

Krayy
5th July 2007, 13:08
bring back 24
It's already been (Season 6) and it kicks arse!!!

The Chinese release Jack and damn does it fire off from there. (Damn if they don't let off a nuke in downtown LA)

Want a copy? (I didn't say that out loud did I?)

Disco Dan
5th July 2007, 13:11
Anybody got any decent links to Torrents for Lost? Any seasons... :innocent:

or failing that... I have a 300GB mobile hard drive waiting... could do a bit of a "data exchange" with someone :whistle:

more_fasterer
5th July 2007, 14:08
I watched the first season, after that it seemed to degenerate into "Shorty st on an island".

Watched 15mins of it last night, got pissed off and went down to the gargre to derestrict the NC30. Much betterer. :yes:

k14
5th July 2007, 14:32
bring back 24
I've seen the latest series (finished in the US about 3 months ago) and sorry to say mate but thats past its used by date too. I loved the first 5 seasons but the latest was so boring and un-inventive that I struggled to watch the whole thing. Yes Jack Bauer is the man and I reckon he could even take down MacGyver but sadly 24 needs to come to a stop. I don't even know if the latest season will air in NZ. Last season was put on at some crazily late hour by TV3, can't of had very many ratings.

Lost on the other hand just got better I reckon. I was very very close to giving up midway through this season but reckon the last few eps have redeemed it in my eyes.

For all those die hard fans I've got good news too. Three more seasons of 18 episodes a piece. Hmm, when will the yanks learn to give up while they are ahead?

NighthawkNZ
5th July 2007, 16:19
Its all Joshua's dream, and hes an alien doing a mind control experiment matrix, but not to worry never fear, Captain Kirk will save the day, because the Jedi Council have, unlearned all that they have learned, and can not intervein, but the DeLorean will make it back to the future, on time, if the thunder birds can fix the flux compasitter and supply the 1.21 gig watts a power for time travel. Oh, and of course this can only happen if Luke destroys the cylon bass star and Apollo shags Princess Leia. Then and only then is the alignment of the galaxies correct, so a signal can be broad casted on the correct frequency to the lost city of Atantis through the stargate command.

Darth Vader isn't really Darth Vader he is Agent Smith, Luke is not the hero and is really a Ga'auld, and neither is Neo he is Cylon, and they are both pussies. Time travel is impossible according to the Vulcuns, but they never met Dr. Emmett Brown. Santa Claus is real and so is the easter bunny, but sorry kids the tooth ferry is a ferry tale. Mind you this is only an assumption as more than meets the eye on this subject and it could transform in to something else, and as the robot says... “Danger Wil Robinson Danger...”

So is it real or a dream, or an alien plot to melt your brain cells so you can be controlled by a tv companies and watch more shyte, so the can use the force jedi mind trick and force advertising upon you and then you spend your hard earned credits on coke a cola or macdonalds, who by the way are all own by the galactic empire who are masters of the univers and they own the island...

NZsarge
5th July 2007, 16:59
So, who was that in the coffin at the funeral home?

Hmm....Dammit!..looks like i'll be watching next season..

scracha
5th July 2007, 17:10
Can't be that bad, we're all watching it aren't we? FFS though, do yourselves a favor and tape it before watching (or just download it). The adverts are such a PITA.

Toaster
5th July 2007, 18:08
I heard that LOST..

lalalalalala not listening!! I taped it and am about to watch it tonight, unless someone wants to take me out and get me drunk :innocent:

The Pastor
5th July 2007, 18:30
Find a torrent website and download it. I saw the last Lost ep for this season over a month back.

One would need an internet connection to do that.

mark247
6th July 2007, 08:31
One would need an internet connection to do that.

Considering you are posting on Kiwibiker, i thought that part would of been easy.

limbimtimwim
6th July 2007, 08:48
I think the makers have said only 2 more series of Lost, and that is it.

What's the bet the people on the ship are bad people too?

mark247
6th July 2007, 08:53
I think the makers have said only 2 more series of Lost, and that is it.

What's the bet the people on the ship are bad people too?

I think i know what will happen next season episode 1. Demond will swim out of the underwater base and get to the surface and see the helicopter coming from the ship, he will notice something dodgy about it, radio old Jack and Co and tell them to shoot the bitch who fell out of the sky, and piss off back into the jungle.

The helicopter will land and find the dead lady or something, and start searching for them, hense a new enemy for next season.

Just an idea.

The Pastor
6th July 2007, 12:56
Considering you are posting on Kiwibiker, i thought that part would of been easy.

You know what they say about assumption. its the mother of all _ _ _ _ ups.

My downloads are at like 5kb/s and disconnects after 30-80meg. So it takes a LONG time to download anything.

Web browsing is fine, im on xtra go slow plan.