PDA

View Full Version : xr250 exhaust mods

cheeseclip
5th July 2007, 19:22
ive read in heaps of places the mod that you grind down the header pipes on the inside to get better air flow. i was going to try this tonight but cant cos of one problem, that is that the header pipes wont slide off. im thinking i might try tommorrow to take the whole exhaust off unless you guys have a better idea.

kevfromcoro
6th July 2007, 12:38
ive read in heaps of places the mod that you grind down the header pipes on the inside to get better air flow. i was going to try this tonight but cant cos of one problem, that is that the header pipes wont slide off. im thinking i might try tommorrow to take the whole exhaust off unless you guys have a better idea.

try it if u like..but dont think u will notice the power increase..take it off and buy a after market exhaust system..

vifferman
6th July 2007, 13:05
What if it does work - how much extra performance are you going to get?
A couple of percent?
Will you notice?
Is it worth the effort?

As Kev said, you'd be better off with an aftermarket muffler, maybe a freer-flowing aircleaner, and some careful rejetting. Even then, the ponies you liberate are only going to be small ones...

cheeseclip
6th July 2007, 13:31
true i should probly just wait and then in a year or two im gunna get a drz400 anyway.