PDA

View Full Version : New riders out west

Jorja
5th July 2007, 23:28
I am learning to ride and was wondering if there was anyone else around me that would like to get together occasionally to practice.

WarlockNZ
6th July 2007, 07:32
Have a look at the AWNMR

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=53059&highlight=night+ride

this is probably just what your looking for :)

Blackbird
6th July 2007, 08:34
If you'd initially prefer 1:1 coaching, have a loook at the mentor list: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/mentors.php?. There are an number of mentors in Auckland and ManDownUnder is out west if he's available to give you a hand.

Jorja
6th July 2007, 11:18
If you'd initially prefer 1:1 coaching, have a loook at the mentor list: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/mentors.php?. There are an number of mentors in Auckland and ManDownUnder is out west if he's available to give you a hand.

Hmmm well have a mentor but for obvious reasons he can't accompany me at the moment. He will give me as much help as I want. Am more looking for someone of a similar level that won't look at me and point out everything I am doing wrong. :innocent:

Jorja
6th July 2007, 11:21
Have a look at the AWNMR

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=53059&highlight=night+ride

this is probably just what your looking for :)

Um well 4 boys, doesn't leave much time free in the evenings for the rides.

Blondini
6th July 2007, 11:30
I am learning to ride and was wondering if there was anyone else around me that would like to get together occasionally to practice.
HMMMMMMMM Now let me think:yes:You know I am there to help you anytime I can:yes:Cool you finally got a running one :shutup:

El Dopa
7th July 2007, 13:48
Hi there,

I'm going to try an organise another '250-friendly' ride for points north and west as soon as the weather clears up a bit - similar to the ones McJim organises down south.

Hopefully my bike won't break this time...

Morcs
7th July 2007, 14:42
Is that the same bike I saw tony riding the other day?

Was well impressed with it for the money if it was...

FROSTY
11th July 2007, 20:37
No Morks you couldn't POSSIBLY :dodge:have seen me RIDING any bike given its strictly against doctors orders

GMGirl
15th July 2007, 19:49
Hi Jorja, I am not a learner but am happy to ride slow as have a few friends just started up riding too so yeah keen to help other girls get their confidence up etc... and is always cool meeting other females that ride too. I usually ride Suzuki SV1000S but also have a VTR250 (my commuting everyday bike) that I could ride with you. I live in Kumeu so not too far from Massey at all. So yeah am happy to meet up with you sometime and go for a ride round... maybe out the back of Taupaki/Kumeu and out to Muriwai or something. Send me a private a message if ya keen. Cheers Jen (GMGirl)

Toaster
1st August 2007, 11:58
Hi Jorja, I am not a learner but am happy to ride slow as have a few friends just started up riding too so yeah keen to help other girls get their confidence up etc... and is always cool meeting other females that ride too.

The cruiser rides are also being targeted at riders wanting to ride at slower pace i.e. cruiser pace. Keep an eye out if you all are keen to join in.

BMW
1st August 2007, 18:08
Hmmm well have a mentor but for obvious reasons he can't accompany me at the moment. He will give me as much help as I want. Am more looking for someone of a similar level that won't look at me and point out everything I am doing wrong. :innocent:

I can when not working. The BMW is slow!lol

Nicksta
4th August 2007, 11:27
hey chick, i'm in west harbour.... and am happy to come for a tootlle, i ride like a nana so you'll be fine. Pm me if you like. :)
Nicki

surfchick
7th August 2007, 21:50
i'm west too
always keen for a ride no matter the pace.
may-be we need a westi get-to-:grouphug:gether

also niksta - i thought you were in aussie or somewhere - you back now?

BMW
8th August 2007, 06:58
i'm west too
always keen for a ride no matter the pace.
may-be we need a westi get-to-:grouphug:gether

also niksta - i thought you were in aussie or somewhere - you back now?

sounds like a plan. Lots of westies here!~

even if it just to meet other bikers.

seems the 250s would never keep up with you!
(not even the big BMW!)

surfchick
11th August 2007, 20:20
hmm shall we go for a ride this month?

westie
12th August 2007, 03:11
:cool:yep.

Morcs
12th August 2007, 10:26
hmm shall we go for a ride this month?

As long as we can swap bikes Alex :D

surfchick
12th August 2007, 14:05
you mean part with my dearly beloved? :love: and let someone else mount it? :crybaby:

TRAINING WHEELS
13th August 2007, 20:25
Both myself, Fireball and Big dog have been doing some day work (on holiday till monday) riding up SH16 and around also spending some time in carparks in Hellensvile doing slow riding drills with cones etc... If your interested PM one of us... I too am still a newbee :-)

fireball
13th August 2007, 20:38
i couldnt keep up with TW or BD my small tyres make me want to cry! but i try and have ALOT of fun esp on the CD250 i ride like nana so your more than welcome to come play with me anytime!:rockon:

FROSTY
14th August 2007, 23:20
one weekend soon Ill be up for a bit os a SLOW westy ride

surfchick
24th August 2007, 17:35
one weekend soon Ill be up for a bit os a SLOW westy ride

cool uncle frost :) kind of a westie chillout run