PDA

View Full Version : Puke track

Yarg
15th July 2003, 16:15
Having never been on the Puke track but intend to soon , what would a realistic speed be achievable down the back straight.Have an FZ-1(1000cc), not a sports rider , aged (47) and am not worried about how long it takes me to do a lap.But is 200km a realistic goal?? Look forward to your comments from those that have been there.

SpankMe
15th July 2003, 16:16
I've done 210kph on a Suzuki SV650s. Looking forward to beating that on my SV1000s. :D Have seen guys do 260+ on other bikes.

Yarg
16th July 2003, 08:30
thanks

wkid_one
16th July 2003, 08:37
KiwiDan's done 295 down the back straight on his gixxer.....

I managed about 250-60 on the VTR (highly dependant on Castrol corner - and the size of my nuts at the end of the straight)

Hoon
16th July 2003, 11:21
You should easily be able to do 200+kph.  Top speed for your naked R1 is about 245kph according to this (http://www.angelfire.com/ia/z/FZ1review.htm) site so you should realistically be able to get within 20kph of that on the back straight without much effort.

Theres a track day at Pukekohe this Sat.  I'll be there if its fine!

Coldkiwi
16th July 2003, 12:13
yup.. very dependant on a good run out of castrol and it helps to be latish on the brakes.

Last time at puke i got to 250kmhr on th '97 ZX-6R as did a guy on an RF900 so I would think the FZR should be getting near 240 at least even without a great run

Dave
17th July 2003, 19:03
Who cares what speed you do? If you have time to look at your speedo at the end of the straight-you just gave up some speed to look at the stupid gauge!
Watch the track and improve your self accordingly.
If you want to see your bike go really fast- push it off a cliff.

Racey Rider
17th July 2003, 21:22
And if you lean right down on the tank,,,
and get your head down under that flaring as you go off that cliff,,
you'll go even faster!!
:eek:

Isn't that right Dave??!!

Mitch
17th July 2003, 22:29
Dave you crack me up!!!!!!  Some sound advice there I would have to say.  However I would highly rate looking at the tacho gauge, when the little black line hits the little red patch be careful as detination is sure to follow.

That's the only thing I learnt from blowing up my engine :D

Ho-Hoon I think I just clicked as to who you are.............. :p  Your the one that likes riding in the rain on slicks aren't you HA or not as the case may be  :D

Kwaka-Kid
18th July 2003, 00:01
firstly:  got to 225kmph (1000rpm into redline) on 1984 Kawsaki GPZ750A2, puffing big clouds of blue smoke, leaving a constant spray of oil on legs and making the worse bloody sound u ever heard a 4cyl make! :p

secondly: mitch have you blown your eng b4? crap, my ZXR400 on track i only used redline a few times (just touching) as it seemed to flatten out/lose power that last 1000rpm... and my 84 GPZ with over 100,000km puffing smoke went passed the 10,000rpm redline right to 11,000rpm in top gear to get 225, and i can honestly say it still had juice as i was only approx 3/4 way down backstreight, and typically was sitting on redline for a while untill braking... also on that left hander (after hairpin) and up onto front streight in approx 3rd/4th gear (cant member) it didnt feel right to change gear so i held it and most times just took her through to near 11,000rpm coming onto front strieght and once levelled up id flick her up a gear... I miss my beloved :(

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 07:58
Ask KK how fast youc an go around the first corner, and then through the dirt before you come crashing to a stop and need to put the bike back int he garage and refuse to go to the hospital even tho you can't breathe properly....

MWAAA HAHAHAHA

Kwaka-Kid
18th July 2003, 08:18
hey shush! :o

and nobody better cut under me/ scare me around that corner, i know its gunna feel weird/tender around that corner for a while

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 08:20
Well it would have helped you if you tyres weren't square!

Mitch
18th July 2003, 11:30
Ya blew up motor 5th round of the winter series last year, there was not a straight valve in the head, knocked the end off one and smashed it between the head and the piston til it went through the piston and popped out my exhaust :(  47 has had a hard life but when my brother popped a wheelie and hit neutral instead of second and reved her out to 18000 I think it was the straw that broke the camels back.  However she hung on until I was on her doing the warm up lap before my first race!  BITCH!!!!!!  :gob: