PDA

View Full Version : Lotion on hands + wet helmet = DOH!

klingon
7th July 2007, 12:25
Now I know why the All Blacks are so bad at playing in the rain. It's all those fancy hair and face creams they use.

Today I went for my 6R test and it was drizzling all the way there. Before I left I had put moisturiser on my face, then put on my helmet and gloves. Took off my gloves to reveal beautifully moisturised hands, took of my (now wet) helmet and wheee! watched it fly out of my hands and hit the road! :shit:

Girlie tip of the day: GET A GRIP! :doh:

crashe
7th July 2007, 12:33
And so did you pass the test..........?

klingon
7th July 2007, 13:02
Yes I did thanks Ms Crashe. :yes:

The helmet incident was the only unfortunate error, the rest of it went smoothly enough. The nice lady said "good riding" and handed me a very welcome temp 6R.

Macktheknife
7th July 2007, 13:09
Cool, congrats on the 6R Klingon, good achievement.

crashe
7th July 2007, 13:21
Yes I did thanks Ms Crashe. :yes:

The helmet incident was the only unfortunate error, the rest of it went smoothly enough. The nice lady said "good riding" and handed me a very welcome temp 6R.

Congratulations....... well done.....

So now to go and buy a new helmet aye?

Nasty
7th July 2007, 16:02
Congratulations on the R .. now to rid yourself and those lovely yellow plates :)

slowpoke
7th July 2007, 17:10
See, now that's the difference between men and women right there. I mean when was the last (first!) time you heard a bloke say the words "beautifully moisturised hands".
A blokes idea to moisturise his face would have been to just lift up the visor as he was riding through the drizzle!
Congrats on "R" rating we'll wait with baited breathe for the "X".

janno
7th July 2007, 17:14
Yay! :yes:

That's one more of us and one less of them . . .

(to paraphrase Billy Connolly's nipple piercer).

klingon
7th July 2007, 18:36
A blokes idea to moisturise his face would have been to just lift up the visor as he was riding through the drizzle!

Now there's an irony right there... I only started using moisturiser three weeks ago! I got a voucher for a facial for my birthday (LOVELY!) and the woman said "your skin is really dry. Do you spend a lot of time outdoors?" and I said no... then realised that maybe commuting twice a day with my visor open in 50kph winds wasn't doing my skin any good. Next thing I know, my helmet's on the ground!

It's a shame I don't live in the US - maybe I could sue the beauty therapist! :yes:

Leong
7th July 2007, 20:26
It's a shame I don't live in the US - maybe I could sue the beauty therapist! :yes:
Haha!!

OTOH - you could claim insurance....... home and contents. I dropped a 5 day old helmet on Anzac Day (got further and further away from me as I put it onto a mirror) and they paid out full replacement price less the $200 excess. The dealer gave me $50 extra discount having bought 2 helmets in a week and I got to keep the damaged helmet. So in effect I've got a spare visor worth almost $200 and spare cheek pads, liners etc.

Curious_AJ
18th July 2007, 00:35
haha, congrats on the R!

speaking of R licences.. i'm all set to book my test for my 1R tomorrow!! (well today actually seeming as its passed 12am) its not a bike, but hey! i said when i had this risky i'd start working towards my bike licence.. heh... not that i have anything to practice on yet though! *doh*

oh well, congrats again!!

car
18th July 2007, 15:51
This is not the content I was hoping for.

Congrats, by the way.

ManDownUnder
18th July 2007, 16:58
Took off my gloves to reveal beautifully moisturised hands, took of my (now wet) helmet and wheee! watched it fly out of my hands and hit the road! :shit:

Girlie tip of the day: GET A GRIP! :doh:

aaaaaaaaa bugger!

LOL... well when I'm perfect I'll be able to really criticise... (don't hold yer breath!)