PDA

View Full Version : I can ride a bike faster than most, but....

White trash
8th July 2007, 18:19

Got a new job.

It involves no dealing with the public, no puting up with their winging and NO listening to their "important" problems.

I'm a storeman. Drive a forkhoist all day, load trucks, load airfreight units, unload trucks, load containers, unload airfreight, unload containers. Very little responsibiltity, tonnes of fun.

Been getting the forkhoists sorted. I wake up in the morning and gleefully peek out the window, looking forward to the slightest hint of the rain that makes you poofter bikers cringe. Drifting backwards is fun! :D

That is, of course, untill you try to take a turn a little wide to avoid a fellow hoist driver, to realise you're going a little quick, stand on the picks, lock her up and slide backwards through a 20 foot steel roller door. It was closed. Fuck.:innocent:

Eyetie's got the pics I think.

My anus hurts..........

Quasievil
8th July 2007, 18:26
BWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Marnis

White trash
8th July 2007, 18:28
You listen to Amanis Morissette

Devil
8th July 2007, 18:32
Ahhh ahahahahaha. Nice work. pics pics pics.:Punk:

Colapop
8th July 2007, 18:33
Try doing that along a chiller dockway... and ending up over the edge! (Truck pits suck!
Somone shoulda told ya Jimmie, use the less throttle version off the track...

T.W.R
8th July 2007, 18:36
Mechanical work toys are fun :2thumbsup

Drifting a fully loaded Dump truck on a greasy haul road is the bizz :Punk:

jimbo600
8th July 2007, 18:41
Good drills Smoke.

If it has wheels and a donk you just can't operate it sensibly aye.

Yep putting up with folk is a pain in the arse. Luckily the people I have to put up with are dead.

Deviant Esq
8th July 2007, 18:42
Bwahaha :lol:

Still remember a mate being a clown on a forklift cleaning up at the end of the day. Being a bit of a showoff hooning off to get the next load, took a corner a bit fast and a bit tight, off camber... BAM! Forklift wound up on its side. Didn't think it was funny at the time, but many a laugh has been had since!

Donor
8th July 2007, 18:49
Muhahaha...

Worked in a factory for a time, and often we would have much downtime due to mechanical failure (12 hour shifts, and often we would come in to a closed plant and do nothing for the WHOLE 12 hours while engineers sorted shit out) so we'd have fork hoist races.

One night, a guy on my shift clipped some racking. The problem was, the racking held rolls of paper, each between 2 and 5 ton, and the whole lot went over. Just to make it funnier (wasn't me that did it, so it was hilarious!) it dominoed and took out 4 racks all together.

I had a bloody good laugh as him and 2 of his mates spent almost the whole shift bribing the engineers to re-bolt the racking down and then loading the rolls back onto it... :D

Sanx
8th July 2007, 18:57
The forklift doesn't have a 'C' mode then, huh?

cowpoos
8th July 2007, 19:00
lol...good to see your alright bro!!! but...what a nice piece of humour!!

Drew
8th July 2007, 19:26

Got a new job.

It involves no dealing with the public, no puting up with their winging and NO listening to their "important" problems.

I'm a storeman. Drive a forkhoist all day, load trucks, load airfreight units, unload trucks, load containers, unload airfreight, unload containers. Very little responsibiltity, tonnes of fun.

Been getting the forkhoists sorted. I wake up in the morning and gleefully peek out the window, looking forward to the slightest hint of the rain that makes you poofter bikers cringe. Drifting backwards is fun! :D

That is, of course, untill you try to take a turn a little wide to avoid a fellow hoist driver, to realise you're going a little quick, stand on the picks, lock her up and slide backwards through a 20 foot steel roller door. It was closed. Fuck.:innocent:

Eyetie's got the pics I think.

My anus hurts..........

Jeezub man, take it easy into turn one will ya!!!

Funny as fuck ya GOOBER:second:

HDTboy
8th July 2007, 19:31
tHIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!

Other than getting a big laugh, ya manus!

MD
8th July 2007, 19:59

My anus hurts..........

Well obviously Jimmie you need to fit Ohlins front & rear, and a steering damper and better rubber. Can you fit a set Pilot Powers? And no wheelies OK :nono:. OSH will be on your case so quick!

Kickaha
8th July 2007, 20:45
Got a new job.

you lucky,lucky bastard

Conquiztador
8th July 2007, 22:02

Got a new job.

My anus hurts..........

Got rid of the stuff in between these two statements and now it makes sense.:Punk:

Eyetie
9th July 2007, 08:02
You forgot to say your boss is a hard bastard, and have I mentioned to you for destroying the door, there is a GSXR400 that needs the carbs bled in the warehouse and the floors need to be swept.
No pics sorry, I knew you felt bad enough without having the result strewn across the net. If the K7 is not ready in time for Manfield feel free to take the forklift down!

Drew
9th July 2007, 10:02
there is a GSXR400 that needs the carbs bled in the warehouse and the floors need to be swept.

What have you done to it, it ran fine down here.

Eyetie
9th July 2007, 12:34
It may of been the two and a half week transit from Wellington to Auckland but thats another story, just a bleed of the fuel and a charge of the battery.

Kornholio
9th July 2007, 12:57
Chortle Jimmy, ya silly bugger...so are ya still working there? :D

riffer
9th July 2007, 20:36
You flaming muppet Jimmy.

The sooner you get that factory ride the better. :dodge:

Drew
10th July 2007, 11:47
The sooner you get that factory ride the better. :dodge:

He was riding in the factory, just riding on a forklift:yes: