PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Hyosung/Shinko rear tyre

Pancakes
8th July 2007, 21:45
I am looking for a standard rear tyre for my Hyosung 250. Mine is as bald as I will be soon but I want another one with a bit of tread left to get me through winter. Would rather get a new set at the start of summer :cool:

HDTboy
8th July 2007, 22:46
Ring 0800TREADS

The ones in my link won't fit your bike

Sidewinder
9th July 2007, 00:26
if you had a real bike you wouldnt have a problem of geting a tyre and dont get crap

Macktheknife
9th July 2007, 09:46
Dude, why would you want shinko's?????
Get some real tyres, anything is better than those things.
(except for cheng shin)

gw555
9th July 2007, 11:43
I agree with Mactheknife, I just didnt realise it until I changed my Shinko, especially in the wet (Inever had any problem with mine in the dry but wet was a different story)

Pancakes
9th July 2007, 21:02
Am getting Pilot Powers but wanted these to last till summer so I don't have a big fat commuter strip on the nice new ones. The front tyre is still fine so one with some tread should get me through the rainy season.

Keep giving me crap, go on. I'll read what you've written once I've finished having fun on my bike.

So if anyone isn't a hater and has a tyre for me a PM or post would be great thanks.

PS. I have only spun up the rear a few times (riding not burnouts) and most tyres wouldn't have stuck with the same grease etc. I know they're not great, hence getting the Michelins. The Shinko's are cheap tyres and don't have the compound and feel of better tyres. Saying that they rail ok and stay on in the corners so blah blah all you want. I ride every day and enjoy every second of it.

moT
9th July 2007, 21:11
shinkos are good tyres for commuting they even hold up well on the track. i did vmcc round 1 on a rear shinko touring tyre and its not all bad i ride a vfr 400 and it only started slideing when i had knee on gorund really tipped over under full acceleration. so that can take a bit i was suprised on how good it was, i thought it wld be shit! on ur hyosung 250 you should have no problem with them, just let them heat up first run it at 30psi and there cheap. if u wanna get good milage run it at 36psi and you will get about 10000kms out of it :)

Waylander
9th July 2007, 21:24
Buy good tyres not Shinko crap. Even when commuting, do you really want to have to worry heaps about what is under your tyres if you have to do some sudden heavy braking?
Best advice I've ever heard from you mate.:innocent:

Pancakes
9th July 2007, 21:26
Thanks Tom, I'm dying to get the new ones and go for a fang but find the Shinko's like the rest of the bike. It never proclaims to be the baddest thing out but everything is there and predictable so thats good. Just struck me that there are some that buy one of the cheapest bikes you can get new and then spend tons of coin upgrading everything! Figured there must be a few tyres out there barely scrubbed in. I've done 19,000K's in the last 11 months in all weather and they've been fine so a few more months should be ok. In the ideal world I'd chuck on the best tyre's there are. But they'd be going on my MV Augusta or Buell!! not a Hyosung, yeah, thats the real world I live in.

Waylander
9th July 2007, 21:32
Thanks Tom, I'm dying to get the new ones and go for a fang but find the Shinko's like the rest of the bike. It never proclaims to be the baddest thing out but everything is there and predictable so thats good. Just struck me that there are some that buy one of the cheapest bikes you can get new and then spend tons of coin upgrading everything! Figured there must be a few tyres out there barely scrubbed in. I've done 19,000K's in the last 11 months in all weather and they've been fine so a few more months should be ok. In the ideal world I'd chuck on the best tyre's there are. But they'd be going on my MV Augusta or Buell!! not a Hyosung, yeah, thats the real world I live in.
Doesn't have to be the best out there mate, just better than Shinko or Cheng shin. Metzeler does a decent tyre for cruisers and should not be to highly priced for your bike.

moT
9th July 2007, 21:40
if you really want some decent tyres for the best price get prelli sports demons there cheap and fucking good i highly recomend them

moT
9th July 2007, 21:41
Best advice I've ever heard from you mate.:innocent:

i may of said that somewhere before... my views have changed of shinkos there reasonable tyres the touring ones are very average thats all

Pancakes
9th July 2007, 21:48
But it won't match the front one which is still ok. I know it's not ideal. If someone asked me I wouldn't recommend they do this but I don't think it's that bad. I know it's not great but if I can get one cheap it'll be better than the one thats on now. Bald as!

Waylander
9th July 2007, 21:52
But it won't match the front one which is still ok. I know it's not ideal. If someone asked me I wouldn't recommend they do this but I don't think it's that bad. I know it's not great but if I can get one cheap it'll be better than the one thats on now. Bald as!
Dude I've got bridgestone something or other on the back and Pirelli sport demon on the front of my bike. Who cares about matching? I'm more worried about traction.

Pancakes
9th July 2007, 22:26
I've only ridden (other peoples) bikes with matched tyres, how much variation is there in the camber etc?

gw555
10th July 2007, 12:10
just let them heat up first run it at 30psi and there cheap. if u wanna get good milage run it at 36psi and you will get about 10000kms out of it :)

I was not bagging shinkos I got 27000km out of my rear before I changed it, it still had about 3000k left but it just wasnt holding in the wet. I still have the front shinko on and its due for replacement now that its done 35000km.

Squiggles
10th July 2007, 13:54
i've got shinko's on the tl, nothing but grip in the dry, a bit slippery on the wet tar roads, but nothing extreme

Pancakes
10th July 2007, 19:38
Alot of the bagging seems to come from people that haven't ridden them, they are better when warm and I run the same pressures all the time cos I Might have shit weather heading into work and have it clear up for the buzz home. Looking forward to summer and new ones tho!

Waylander
10th July 2007, 19:43
Alot of the bagging seems to come from people that haven't ridden them, they are better when warm and I run the same pressures all the time cos I Might have shit weather heading into work and have it clear up for the buzz home. Looking forward to summer and new ones tho!
Rode on them my first six months riding. Even in Texas with the straight, flat, better constructed roads I thought they were shit. No way in hell would I have them on my bikes here. Only had them on cause someone else was buying them and I didn't feel right having them but more pricey ones.
The moment I could afford it I put better tyres on the bike.

FilthyLuka
14th July 2007, 22:44
if you had a real bike you wouldnt have a problem of geting a tyre and dont get crap

dont you ride a honda? :whistle: