PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on a bike gear shop in Auckland?

mark247
10th July 2007, 10:09
I am heading up to Auckland for a few days and I am wanting to have a look for a MotoGP racing motorcycle jacket. Like these ones http://badspeed.com/ .

Does anyone know a good shop i could have a look at some in?

Cheers

QMOTO
10th July 2007, 10:24
Hi Dude, nice jackets, but be warned this style is on the recieving end of lots of poor quality cheap arse imports (most on Trademe) and they are crap quality and badly made, stick to a reputable dealer.
Ive seen a few factories where they are made.not impressed

mark247
10th July 2007, 10:26
Hi Dude, nice jackets, but be warned this style is on the recieving end of lots of poor quality cheap arse imports (most on Trademe) and they are crap quality and badly made, stick to a reputable dealer.
Ive seen a few factories where they are made.not impressed

Do you sell them at all?

sAsLEX
10th July 2007, 10:44
he does sell jackets, yet didn't point you towards himself just said go to someone you can trust, I and a few others would be happy to recommend the www.quasimoto.co.nz brand though if thats what you were asking

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 10:49
No, I can get you a well made one though, but it would be in the next shipment, 3-4 weeks away, I have it made with whichever specs you want, honda Yamaha, Ducati, a few pics below

mark247
10th July 2007, 10:55
No, I can get you a well made one though, but it would be in the next shipment, 3-4 weeks away, I have it made with whichever specs you want, honda Yamaha, Ducati, a few pics below

Im looking for one of either of the photos i have attached. I dont know my dimetions but my DriRider jacket is 52/42L

What would be the best price you could get me?

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 11:37
Hi, Dont have the specs on either of those sorry mate, can do the ones above only sorry other wise I have to develop one and it costs heaps to do that

mark247
10th July 2007, 14:45
Hi, Dont have the specs on either of those sorry mate, can do the ones above only sorry other wise I have to develop one and it costs heaps to do that

how much for the marlboro one you have?

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 16:27
how much for the marlboro one you have?

Hi Should be around $400-$500 , but will confirm, it will be 3 weeks ish

mark247
10th July 2007, 18:58
Hi Should be around $400-$500 , but will confirm, it will be 3 weeks ish

eh thats way too much, i cant really afford that. I am more looking for one around $220NZD max. I found some genuine ones for that much on a US site..

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 19:29
eh thats way too much, i cant really afford that. I am more looking for one around $220NZD max. I found some genuine ones for that much on a US site..

No Probs, cant really see you gettting a decent one for $220 Im afraid, You will get a thin buffalo leather, single Nylon stitched, non CE armor piece of crap for $220 but good luck in your search

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 19:35

No Probs, cant really see you gettting a decent one for $220 Im afraid, You will get a thin buffalo leather, single Nylon stitched, non CE armor piece of crap for $220 but good luck in your search
Try

Quasievil
10th July 2007, 19:35
Try this, but dont crash in it

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Leathers-jackets/auction-107862992.htm

Squiggles
11th July 2007, 17:10
i remember seeing ones of that style in turkey... $100NZ but then ya bargain them down... but they're crap, more fashion so dont give'em a bashing, they just wont hold up :yes:

Try motomail outlet on that budget, i got me a Rjay's armoured leather jacket for $250