PDA

View Full Version : More cruising grunt (my.savage)

my.savage
10th July 2007, 10:36
although i aggree that the seat height is to low i enjoy riding my savage anywhere but i find when cruising on the open road at 105-115 kph it feels strained although i dont know what revs it is doing:scooter:

Roj
10th July 2007, 11:43
although i aggree that the seat height is to low i enjoy riding my savage anywhere but i find when cruising on the open road at 105-115 kph it feels strained although i dont know what revs it is doing:scooter:

Welcome to KB.

Unfortunately these bikes are made more for the look than the performance, it may pay to have a service and tuneup if it hasn't been done recently as it should be comfortable at those speeds, or you could put a slightly larger sprocket on the front to give a bit more speed, though this will then drop the power a little:scooter:

Macktheknife
10th July 2007, 11:48

What exactly do you mean by this? Strained how?

my.savage
10th July 2007, 14:35
oil changed recently and tune up done bike is belt driven so no sprockets:scooter:

FREE2B
10th July 2007, 15:01
Hi ya welcome to kb. My 650 sits on 115 -120 no problem any faster and it is me that feels strained....from the windage :yes: :scooter:

johnnyflash
10th July 2007, 16:42

Ive ridden a newish 2006 650 suzi and whilst I was only one up, it cruised fine at 100-110kph with its single piston thumping along quite nicely :scooter: not a powerhouse obviously but then it doesnt pretend to be.

magicfairy
10th July 2007, 19:45
I had a LS650 from new - I had the carb rejetted, spacer filed down, K&N filter fitted. Made quite a lot of difference to the power, but ulimately these bikes are not really meant for cruising at above 110-120 for long periods.
www.suzukisavage.com has all the info you need about these mods.
But I don't think it hurts them, just get lots of vibration.

Traded it on the next one up - VS800 (S50) and noticed a big improvement at those speeds and higher, does not have to work as hard, less vibration. Much better on the open road.

surfer
16th July 2007, 12:45
A nice easy cruising bike the savage. I found it a good step up bike from passing my test (in the UK) on a 125cc machine.

I loved the cabbage I had. I had it goose necked and hard tailed but I still liked to thrash the arse of it at 90mph on occaision, but was a bit painful. Didn't vibrate at all. Nice engine, made a great sound with a shorty muffler with no baffle.

I still smile to myself when I see one on the road.