PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a specific cafe for a special occasion

steved
11th July 2007, 09:36
Hi there

A guy at work got married at a cafe and gardens called the Devonshire Tea Cafe and Restaurant a couple of years ago. It was an English kind of thing with good tea, muffins, scones and the like. Location is thought to be near the Waitakere Ranges, looking westward, possibly on Waitakere Road.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to locating this place? Has it changed names? Is it still operating as a cafe etc?

The way he described it, it sounded exactly like the sort of location I'm looking for.

Many thanks

chris
11th July 2007, 10:24
It may be the place on Wairere Road, off Bethells Road.

Al
11th July 2007, 10:30
As far as I can recall, there is a Devonshire tea cafe at Puhoi

Al

Swoop
11th July 2007, 11:05
There is a place on the left as you go up the hill from Swanson. It looks East towards the city though.

Have you been to "your friends tea place" or has he just told you about it? The place I'm thinking of has a large gravel carpark.

Edit: added G-Earth pic.

chris
11th July 2007, 11:11
There is a place on the left as you go up the hill from Swanson. It looks East towards the city though.
That's De Vines and is not a Devonshire tea sort of place. Waitakere Estate is a few Kms further up Scenic Drive but again is not a tea and scones place.

steved
11th July 2007, 11:25

Have you been to "your friends tea place" or has he just told you about it? The place I'm thinking of has a large gravel carpark.

Edit: added G-Earth pic.
I haven't been to it unfortunately. Just going off vague descriptions.

Cheers for the help so far.

FROSTY
11th July 2007, 15:04
Small world- I got married at Devines--Its now changed names again
Its a wedding /function venue and its 5km up scenic drive from swanson end.They used to do tea n scones n stuff basicly for people sussing out a wedding venue.
There are TWO other Tea rooms on scenic drive Both closer to the Glen eden and both face east. Ive been in all 3 places VERY recently so gimme a yeodle.
Another cool place for a function might be river mill estate www.rivermillestate.co.nz (http://www.rivermillestate.co.nz) Its pretty cool.