PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

Big Dan
12th July 2007, 19:32
Well on tuesday night my computer decided it would die on me leaving me with the possibilty that i've lost everything if i can't get it started or take the hard drive out (anyone out there i need help)

among all the stuff on it is Loosebruce's book which i may have to start again and search for the pics of got

but i'm back now and i have one question punk

Did ya miss me?

BD

007XX
12th July 2007, 19:36
:clap:Welcome back...

Your brand of sense of humour being quite an addictive one, of course you were missed...

Colapop
12th July 2007, 21:37
Missed? My aim is always that poor... :dodge:

skelstar
12th July 2007, 22:06
Who are you?

Big Dan
13th July 2007, 07:57
Who are you?

Who are you?

RantyDave
13th July 2007, 08:23
among all the stuff on it is Loosebruce's book which i may have to start again and search for the pics of got
Did you wipe the hard drive and start again, or merely get another? I.e. if you've still got the drive I might be able to rescue stuff off it...

Dave

Cajun
13th July 2007, 08:47
Hi Big Dan - Sure there is some one in akl who can resure the stuff of the hdd for you, just make sure you don't turn the computer or no what have you.

Hawkeye
13th July 2007, 09:11
Well on tuesday night my computer decided it would die on me leaving me with the possibilty that i've lost everything if i can't get it started or take the hard drive out (anyone out there i need help)

but i'm back now and i have one question punk

Did ya miss me?

BD

Do what I have done in the past. Take the drive out and replace it with another. Format and build from scratch. Once up and running, add the old drive as a slave. This generally works as it is normally only the op system that has spat the dummy.
I've got a old 1 gig drive with only the op system loaded. It sits in a box until needed. I then only need to add it as the master and change the current HD to be a slave. I've managed to recover a number of times using this method.