PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Ride down SH22 and out to Raglan, Saturday 14 July 2007

jrandom
13th July 2007, 12:05
Pity to waste this weather. It's supposed to be mint for tomorrow, too, and I haven't had my new Metzeler M3s out on the open road on a dry day yet.

I want to get rid of the chicken strips, so I and a couple of others will be gathering at the Papakura Autobahn at 10:00am tomorrow for a ride down 22, probably followed by a run out to Raglan, then back the same way.

All welcome to come along. The more the merrier, etc. Usual KB ride rules apply, ie, we'll have a serious talk before we set off about safe riding and watching our speed, and then promptly hoon along at Warp 9, with occasional breaks at the side of the road to call for trailers and ambulances.

I can't wait.

See y'all there.

westie
13th July 2007, 18:47
Sounds leisurely. Would love to tag along but gotta rip another kbers bike to bits to find out why the clutch is making funny noises. Might start with the crank.
Have a good one!!

duckaddict
13th July 2007, 19:51
Sounds leisurely. Would love to tag along but gotta rip another kbers bike to bits to find out why the clutch is making funny noises. Might start with the crank.
Have a good one!!

Do that indoors on Sun when it rains, ride when it's sunny tomorrow - just some tips on planning :dodge:

sakimanic
13th July 2007, 20:10
Sounds great! I be there with a bells on!
only one gud day this weekend- make the most of it!

erik
13th July 2007, 20:53
I was thinking about going on a ride to raglan this weekend. See you there.

DUCATI*HARD
13th July 2007, 21:07
me and partner mite be keen,thats another two bikes,pending on show off hands.:scooter:

ahamay
13th July 2007, 21:07
Hey guys
Came up 22 yesterday and the bottom end was mint although around the school, Glen Murray, Onewhero, there was alot of patchwork, freshly laid repairs etc. Some mid corner and others in the braking zone leading into. Watch out for loose gravel etc. Have a good ride. :scooter:

jrandom
13th July 2007, 21:46
Jolly good, chaps. Look for my raggedy-arse black GSX-R750 SRAD. Departure from outside the cafe at 10am sharp.

Nefarious
13th July 2007, 22:17
harden up, that's just 22.

jafar
13th July 2007, 22:33
harden up, that's just 22.

So true , I have hit gravel every trip on 22 , hit a magpie on 22 once too, not sure who got the biggest fright, he flew in from my right then turned and flew directly in front , ended up sitting in the crook of my elbow squarking his head off :lol:

Cr1MiNaL
14th July 2007, 08:44
Aight nubs c u there !

jrandom
14th July 2007, 09:23
Off we go...

Harry the Barstard
14th July 2007, 16:30
Gutted i just found this thread, You lucky buggars what a day for it. Im spewing, ahh well hope you guys had fun.

jrandom
14th July 2007, 16:50
Gutted i just found this thread, You lucky buggars what a day for it. Im spewing, ahh well hope you guys had fun.

Don't worry dude, there'll be plenty more rides to go on.

Was a lovely day out, many thanks to NhuanH for leading the charge and making sure I didn't get lost after two years out of the saddle and away from the west Waikato. :o

I didn't proceed at any real pace, but at least the Snail's chicken strips have halved in size...

bane
14th July 2007, 17:59
enjoyed my brief ride with y'all.

just got past all the gravel and crap on 22, when I met the group coming the other way... and then got to go through it all again...

Great weather, and foir the first time the sun shade on my Nolan came in handy.

look forward to the next one, hopefully with the Raglan leg included.

Cr1MiNaL
14th July 2007, 18:43
was good thanks. :yes:

Nefarious
14th July 2007, 20:34
fookin neeow...

boomer
14th July 2007, 20:51
fookin neeow...

i / we came back up another road that Winja told us about.. now that was MUCH better .. god knows what it was called or where it was but it beat coming back up 22.

nice day for it :scooter:

erik
14th July 2007, 21:05
Good to finally meet you, jrandom.

Panther = sallo, right? you've improved lots since december last year.

Sorry I split off from the ride at Huntly, I just wanted some more twisties.