PDA

View Full Version : 07.07.15 - Sunday in Hamilton - Car-lot practice

ZeroIndex
15th July 2007, 20:23
Well, here's my video, after I managed to drag my friend along with a camera... yes, I have a lot to learn, my 2nd gear wheelies are a lot smoother and controlled, but none of those are in this video, but that's because I'm wanting to learn slow stuff first...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZKnyzk0kG4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZKnyzk0kG4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If you want to comment, tips, etc on this thread please do, but if you're a hater, please watch what you say... this was a private lot, and when the police woman spoke to me, she reinforced in saying, by all means, I'd much rather have you 'messing about' in here than on the streets, it's just because of those guys in the go-karts that were racing on the streets, that you're also gonna have to go now.

Thanks Quasi for the Airmesh Stunt Jacket... way easier than leather to move around in.

westie
15th July 2007, 20:31
Awesome bro!! Wish I could do them that good.
Good one for taking it off the streets(atleast for practice)lol

bugjuice
15th July 2007, 21:09
nice one.. just be smooth on the throttle is all i can say.. if it looks like it isn't stayin up, roll on a bit more. If it feels like you've got too much, don't roll off, most likely haven't got enough still!!
i'm still learnin too

DUCATI*HARD
15th July 2007, 21:18
look for the sweet spot:rockon:

ZeroIndex
15th July 2007, 21:30
2nd gear I've got them pretty good, but due to the sprocket size, 2nd gear is pretty much the orginal first gear... but I guess that's what happens with SP geared bikes... (original 1st: 90kph, 2nd: 110kph. big sprocket: 1st: 70kph, 2nd 95kph)

ZeroIndex
15th July 2007, 22:07
YAY!!! worked out how to do screenshot pics too :) here they are...
+1 lame stoppie that actually looks good as a snapshot: suffer the suspension

Slicksta
15th July 2007, 22:31
Nice man that new sprocket seems to be doing its job and you can only hope to get better.....

ZeroIndex
15th July 2007, 22:38
Thanks Slicksta... in time it shall happen

Kevmo7
16th July 2007, 16:58
good stuff bro, just gotta be smoother on the throttle, run lower tyre pressure's, and dont be choppy on the throttle, also cover the rear brake incase you go back too far, for the suspension, stiffin it up heaps, and just keep on practising!!

ZeroIndex
16th July 2007, 17:24
good stuff bro, just gotta be smoother on the throttle, run lower tyre pressure's, and dont be choppy on the throttle, also cover the rear brake incase you go back too far, for the suspension, stiffin it up heaps, and just keep on practising!!
Thanks bro, will try the lower tyre pressures next time... being smooth as opposed to choppy on the throttle will come in time I think... but yeah, something I probably need to actively think about when I'm out there...

Will have a look and see what I can do with the suspension, might be time for some heavier fork oil.

And yeah, I've got the rear brake happening :) I can see in some of the video shots my brake light is on, which means I am actually doing it :D
(The lights on my bike are turned off so when the you see any light at the back, it means it's the brake)

Pic 1... a new nice pic :)
Pic 2... me working the rear brake

Buddy L
16th July 2007, 20:30
Looking realy good, their mate. Try standing up next time, just means that you can get you weight back further on the bike. and you will find balance piont easyer with out the having to go as high doing a wheelie.
First gear, clutch and trough you weight back at slow speed about 5 kays, might need a bigger sprocket to get it up at that kind of speed?

Quasievil
16th July 2007, 20:41
LOL, nice work dude, hey cool pants you got there, are they those nice silk ones lol, come over again tomorrow and grab a set of Sample Quasimoto kevlar Sliderz, you can have em for free
they have the pockets for armor in them to !!:yes:

ZeroIndex
16th July 2007, 20:48
LOL, nice work dude, hey cool pants you got there, are they those nice silk ones lol, come over again tomorrow and grab a set of Sample Quasimoto kevlar Sliderz, you can have em for free
they have the pockets for armor in them to !!:yes:
Wow, thanks Bret :first: :rockon:

ZeroIndex
16th July 2007, 20:57
Looking realy good, their mate. Try standing up next time, just means that you can get you weight back further on the bike. and you will find balance piont easyer with out the having to go as high doing a wheelie.
First gear, clutch and trough you weight back at slow speed about 5 kays, might need a bigger sprocket to get it up at that kind of speed?
hahaha, as my profile reads +13 Yamaha FZR400 refers to the additional teeth on my rear sprocket, jumped from 15/41 to 15/54 already...

2nd gear I'm slightly better at, but that's between 70 - 95ish km/h. I can do those either sitdown or standup... At this stage I'm wanting to learn slow sitdown wheelies, so I'm gonna go with the lower pressure and start at almost-not-moving speeds and try to learn to lean back instead of trying to pull on the bars, and most importantly, I'm gonna make sure my right foot is always REALLY close to the rear brake :p...

Thanks anyway, and yeah, I know what you mean about the lower balance point... I did a 2 1st gear standups in that video - 00:33 and 00:45. I'm still a bit choppy on the gears and the standups seem to run out of room in that small car lot very quickly...

Waylander
16th July 2007, 21:30
Hopefully when summer gets closer someone (not me) will organize another stunt/dragwars day at meremere where you wouldn't have to worry about running out of room to fast and have people on hand to help explain shit.

ZeroIndex
16th July 2007, 21:38
Hopefully when summer gets closer someone (not me) will organize another stunt/dragwars day at meremere where you wouldn't have to worry about running out of room to fast and have people on hand to help explain shit.
Yeah, that will be awesome :)

ukbandit
5th September 2007, 12:38
good stuff man! keep your body up right abit more and before you start the power slide your arse back abit over the centre of your seat, you should find the bike comes up a little smoother with less power.. might help to practice without spectators helps ya to relax..have fun