PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Friday 20/07/07 Yet another Mad cap night of Mechanical Mayhem at Chez gijoe1313!

gijoe1313
15th July 2007, 23:25
Righto, it seems my rides and mechanical needs have been worked through and sorted!

Just another open invite to all and sundry who need their rides to be looked at and worked on! Bring your steeds, bring the stuff, guff and bling to bung onto/into your bikes!

Will be stripping back all parts of Dandi and working out the list to do to get her into trackday snarling performance.

And oh yes, usual vittles and vitae aqua will be provided for nourishment of physical selves whilst mechanical steeds of soul exploration are dealt to! :yes: :Punk:

xwhatsit
16th July 2007, 02:26
Well, that's my mother's birthday, so I'm definitely not coming this time :lol:

Have fun lads.

Bass
16th July 2007, 10:17
Sorry I couuldn't make it last Friday - out of town funeral. The third one in a month actually. I seem to be dangerous to know.

Anyway, did you finish stripping down that RZ motor.

If so, what state was the crank assembly in?

I ask because it looked like the head had been attacked by a needle roller or two and they are supposed to live in the big ends. It usually means big trouble if they find their way up into the chamber.

gijoe1313
16th July 2007, 14:48
Sorry I couuldn't make it last Friday - out of town funeral. The third one in a month actually. I seem to be dangerous to know.

Anyway, did you finish stripping down that RZ motor.

If so, what state was the crank assembly in?

I ask because it looked like the head had been attacked by a needle roller or two and they are supposed to live in the big ends. It usually means big trouble if they find their way up into the chamber.

Heh still haven't gotten around to it yet! :doh: Was focussed on fixing up the little ol'Hornet and sorting out Xerxesdaphat! Will definitely be working on the donk this week!

Cr1MiNaL
16th July 2007, 15:16
Im commin this week got a "thing" to sort out. C u there :yes:

Bass
16th July 2007, 15:19
Heh still haven't gotten around to it yet! :doh: Was focussed on fixing up the little ol'Hornet and sorting out Xerxesdaphat! Will definitely be working on the donk this week!

Roger that.
May I suggest slowing the disassembly pace a bit from the last session and maybe take a few notes.
Otherwise (and no aspersions intended), I doubt if you will be able to easily figure out how it goes together again, even with a workshop manual.
If I was presented with a box of random bits 3 months from now, I would have to think hard to come up with a working unit and I've rebuilt one or two.
But hey, if you are into Chinese puzzles, it may be right up your street.

Donor
17th July 2007, 01:14

Funny you should mention that...

And J, I guess I might as well just leave me tools there then!

gijoe1313
17th July 2007, 21:59
Roger that.
May I suggest slowing the disassembly pace a bit from the last session and maybe take a few notes.
Otherwise (and no aspersions intended), I doubt if you will be able to easily figure out how it goes together again, even with a workshop manual.
If I was presented with a box of random bits 3 months from now, I would have to think hard to come up with a working unit and I've rebuilt one or two.

Heehee! Point taken - will be setting up a photo assembly so each step can be done! And also got contacted by a mysterious sensei who knows all and sees all about two strokers :shit:

Anyhow, will be going over all the dissassembled units and seeing whether they are good or need to be biffed! :devil2:

Bass
18th July 2007, 08:52
will be setting up a photo assembly so each step can be done! :

Excellent idea !!

Anyhow, will be going over all the dissassembled units and seeing whether they are good or need to be biffed! :devil2:

You will need a press and some skill to dismantle the crank assembly.

gijoe1313
19th July 2007, 08:58
Excellent idea !!

You will need a press and some skill to dismantle the crank assembly.

Yes, that can be arranged... a shady character has approached me with his interest in all things two stroke as well and has a workshop capable of doing major mechanical mayhem! :sweatdrop

I get the feeling that other bikes will be worked on this Friday! Heh....

breakaway
19th July 2007, 10:34
Guess I'll be attending this one, need to install my Steel Mate :yes:

chanceyy
19th July 2007, 10:57
I would attend if I lived in Aucks .. but just think all dat practice .. when ya finally get to met Betsy you will know what ya doing LOL :yes:

must start writing down that list ......

ohh yeah Betsy IS an RZ .. not an RD ..:nono: :nya:

zeocen
19th July 2007, 17:29
Who needs to be living in auckland!
Just pitch a tent next to the bikes, nothing better than camping with bikes :P

babyblade250rr
19th July 2007, 17:39
Guess I'll be attending this one, need to install my Steel Mate :yes:

ditto need mine in too

Macktheknife
19th July 2007, 17:56
Bugger, can't make this one either.

Donor
19th July 2007, 22:54
Hmmm, I may well be there... but not going to guarantee it, have been away from home a fair bit this week, and I think the kids may have forgotten who I am.

Going to spend most of tomorrow (Friday) riding, as nobody home but me - will definitely pop in, but I promise nothing!

Oh, did I mention J, I'll be riding most of tomorrow? :devil2:

Might pop in and see ya at work! Muhahaha... :dodge:

gijoe1313
19th July 2007, 23:01
Hmmm, I may well be there... but not going to guarantee it, have been away from home a fair bit this week, and I think the kids may have forgotten who I am.

Going to spend most of tomorrow (Friday) riding, as nobody home but me - will definitely pop in, but I promise nothing!

Tch! Typical biker, gloating while hes riding and others are doing service to other bikers! :oi-grr:

zeocen
20th July 2007, 01:50

I don't start work till 3 tomorrow, I might txt you and see if you're still out riding when I wake up!

Donor
20th July 2007, 07:50
I don't start work till 3 tomorrow, I might txt you and see if you're still out riding when I wake up!

Sweet, we can both sit outside the gates of J's workplace and look like no-good bikers out to corrupt innocent students and propagate the flow of illicit and quite probably illegal substances amongst the learning youth of south Auckland!

Actually, there's probably enough of that goes on in the classroom... hmmm...

gijoe1313
21st July 2007, 00:48
Well another Spanner night has been done ... I think it was more of a multi-meter night! Installing a Steelmate motorcycle alarm into a CBR250 and learning a heap in the process.

Ixion and Bass were handling it like pros and old hands as they systematically identified and then disavowed any responsibility for the final product! :lol:

Anyhow, after much mutterings, diagram consultations and vampire clips - we got the bugger to work and installed! Final fairing mounting was a proverbial pain in the arse, but with Donor's laser-like ability to force anything into compliance the job was done.

Tried to get the two fiddy boys to come on a the nice group ride today, but seems it was too short notice for them! Never mind, I'm sure the weather out to Kaiaua will be courtesy of Maverick's weather-genie! :yes: :sunny:

Now, will get some piccies posted up once I get some time...

Big Dave
21st July 2007, 00:54
I'm struggling with 'laser like' force.

Good attitude, lacks execution. Could do better.

babyblade250rr
21st July 2007, 15:28
[QUOTE=gijoe1313;1140082]Well another Spanner night has been done ... I think it was more of a multi-meter night! Installing a Steelmate motorcycle alarm into a CBR250 and learning a heap in the process.

Ixion and Bass were handling it like pros and old hands as they systematically identified and then disavowed any responsibility for the final product! :lol:

Anyhow, after much mutterings, diagram consultations and vampire clips - we got the bugger to work and installed! Final fairing mounting was a proverbial pain in the arse, but with Donor's laser-like ability to force anything into compliance the job was done.

Tried to get the two fiddy boys to come on a the nice group ride today, but seems it was too short notice for them! Never mind, I'm sure the weather out to Kaiaua will be courtesy of Maverick's weather-genie! :yes: :sunny:

Now, will get some piccies posted up once I get some time..

Yes a fantastic spanner night mission accomplished!! Like to thank Ixion and Bass for their extensive electrical knowledge and detailed electrical map drawing!, Gijoe and donor for all their hard work and support this wouldn't have happend without you guys!! Like to thank breakaway for the ride to and from Gijoe's and his patients i know it did take along time mate!! Thanks Gijoe for the food and beverage that was great and much appreciated.

Spanner night is definately a great evening to spend learning new things meeting new people or just being a genuine lazy bum!

Will be there next week too

Donor atleast we got to bring the sledge hammer and wood out! couldn't believe the smile on your face when you saw these peices of apparatus.

thanks again guys.

P.s Breakaway let me know when your heading out next week i'll ride along with you again, was great fun just watch out for the idiotic cage drivers opening their doors on you.:rockon:

breakaway
21st July 2007, 17:19
P.s Breakaway let me know when your heading out next week i'll ride along with you again, was great fun just watch out for the idiotic cage drivers opening their doors on you.:rockon:

Of Course :yes:

Gotta go on a longer ride sometime. Did you go on today's ride with Donor et al? I was way too tired.

babyblade250rr
21st July 2007, 17:42
Of Course :yes:

Gotta go on a longer ride sometime. Did you go on today's ride with Donor et al? I was way too tired.

No did'nt go on the 250 ride today spent sometime insulating some of the wires from spanner nights escapade.

worked out good though i would suggest that when you do your bike, you do the insulation before putting the front ferring back on it will make you life alot easier.

And yes a longer ride would be good maybe we can con donor and gijoe for a cruise around mission bay or something thats alway a nice enjoyable ride on a good day!!

breakaway
21st July 2007, 18:02
To me, long ride = 500km+ :rofl:

I'll sort something when I have more free time. Damn Uni :shutup:

babyblade250rr
21st July 2007, 18:16

haha true, yep let me know what ya come up with perhaps we can do a day trip in the meen time im keen for a city rampage:Punk:

gijoe1313
21st July 2007, 23:40

Now you're talking my sort of ride! How about doing Gizzy and back one day so we can all visit Kneescraper! :msn-wink: