PDA

View Full Version : "The Kawasaki Sandpit"

Ktmboy
16th July 2007, 20:54
Heads up on the old Woodhill motorbike park.

Hi Guys an Girls.I thought we had better post a thread before the ministry of mis information got outa control.
As some of you may of heard Kawasaki have come on board as the principal sponsor of "The Sandpit"(shit, its hard to keep a good thing quiet) along with another couple of well known and respected suppliers/brands within the industry. We will have more on this in a couple of weeks as we completely overhaul and rebrand the whole operation. Signage for the entry at Rimmers Rd (approx 8k north of Waimauku on SH16) is being made and should be up shortly subject to compliance with the local council. Website construction is underway so look out for it in about two weeks time (www.thesandpit.co.nz)

In the mean time we will have groomed all of the main tracks by this weekend. In fact the leveler will be working one day a week to ensure it stays this way, yep its fast, rev limiter working overtime. Pruning started last weekend (thanks for all the help guys and girls) and this will be on going for some time yet judging by all of the old tracks that we have re-discovered.

We have a bit of a problem with the beach access ploughing straight through the center of the present sign on area. The process for getting this changed is on going and we should be in the new Molley Rd (back of the Convict track) headquarters within a month or so all going according to plan. Meaning no more pit racers up and down the road.

A map will be available, but not until we move as the tracks will be rejigged and re routed for a better flow.A few of the tracks will actually be reversed to add another dimension. Until then we have put up more arrows for directional purposes only.

Pricing is still the same at this stage. Same price for all brands as this will be our on going policy. Opening hours are 8.30 - 5.00 on the weekend but will change to be open at least one day mid week as soon as the move is complete. We are on the lookout for an operator(pit crewmember) to work(yep you get paid) on a Wednesday. Give us a call if you know of anybody interested.027 646 9709

Well thats all the info for now and we will keep the updates coming through. Thanks

charles23
16th July 2007, 21:12
thanks for the heads up, i rode there on sunday and the re-grading is working great, certainly got rid of the whoops and made for some great speed and those helmet bashing branches are dissappearing fast.

cheese
16th July 2007, 22:43
Build a mailing list or post here to let us know about working bees ETC. I'd be keen to help out.

ArcherWC
17th July 2007, 03:40
You are doing a great job so far. For the first time in many years, I really enjoyed riding up there on Sunday

clmintie
17th July 2007, 06:48
Agree with Cheese, I'd be keen to help out with working bees. Used to mark out Waitamata events up there 15/20 years ago. What could possibly go wrong?? :yes:

notch
18th July 2007, 23:13
ditto on helping out...

Danger
19th July 2007, 07:50
Any chance of a season pass with the intention of riding in the park on the day of your choice? More and more people are working alternative hours these days and for instance a Thursday ride might suit people better than a weekend or a Wednesday. A tag on the bike would prove they have paid their way for the season. Just an idea and this system was used by MTB's a few years ago.

Ktmboy
19th July 2007, 08:34
Oh yes, I want to ride during the week as well. Once we are settled in the new location we will be opening at least one day during the week. All going according to plan then Wed - Sunday later on. Pricing TBA.... but will be well worth it for high milage riders.

I have mates that ride 3-4 times a week and if we don't open then this just encourages them to ride illegally in the forest....with associated consequences for all of us.

cheese
19th July 2007, 09:03
Well it used to be open during the Week before the fire ban, then it never opened during the week again. Open from Wed to Sunday would be awesome!!!

sAsLEX
19th July 2007, 09:09
Well it used to be open during the Week before the fire ban, then it never opened during the week again. Open from Wed to Sunday would be awesome!!!

I am overseas at the moment, but there is a fire ban in New Zealand at the mo or recently?!

cheese
19th July 2007, 11:20
Oh the fire ban was over a year ago.

chris
19th July 2007, 16:33
Oh the fire ban was over a year ago.
Late February and most of March this year.

notch
19th July 2007, 21:41
opening during the week will be awesome, as will a season pass for those of us out there regularly...