PDA

View Full Version : Repairing your own flats

fergie
17th July 2007, 16:19
just pondering, does anybody fix their own punctures theses days? or do you leave it to the experts?

Conquiztador
17th July 2007, 17:12
But if it is a alloy/mag wheel then no. You end up damaging the rim. Said that, depends on what bike it is. A dirt bike then I will do the alloy ones too as not too worried re how the rim looks.
Tubeless I leave to the pro's.

Taz
17th July 2007, 18:48
I fix my own punctures (not that I have many) Also change my own tyres. You dont damage the rims if you know what you're doing. Can do front and rear tyre swap on the adventure or MX bike in 30 mins with out rushing.

driftn
17th July 2007, 19:17
I to fix my own it does help when you work at a tyre shop. However so long as the thing making the tyre go flat is not to big then just use some 80 grit sand paper rough it up good then just use a push bike repair patch and on your way again. Of course the the tyre has to come off the rim first.

Disco Dan
17th July 2007, 19:50
I fix my own if the tire is flat, if it is still ridable I will get it done by tyre shop.

Had a few flats recently, even had 2 punctures in 24 hours :shit: both times I had to repair them myself.... must be all that time spent on the median strip overtaking cages :innocent::shutup:

Roj
6th September 2007, 11:43
My bike being so old still has tubes which I fix if needed, would not want to try it on tubeless ones.