PDA

View Full Version : Korea's best roads

Korea
19th July 2007, 20:02
I'm guilty of reposting, I know, but this deserves another mention:
7 Hairpins in quick succession~ why doesn't NZ build 'em like this? :yes:

This road can be found in a place called Ji An Jae in Gwangju province, South Korea.

I may have to make a pilgrimage that way in future~! :scooter:

Korea
19th July 2007, 20:03
...and here's a couple more shots of the same...

jimbo600
19th July 2007, 20:22
Thanks for that mate. Not only is the weather crap, but now you have to show us primo roads. Nice road though. Almost as good as the foxton straits.

Oh by the way how does one get a job in Korea? Without joining a foreign intelligence agency that is.

jimbo600
19th July 2007, 20:27
We do have the best town planners though

avgas
19th July 2007, 20:39
nice, transit nz have and always will cocks. its only gonna get worse in nz

Deviant Esq
20th July 2007, 00:35
Phwoar, look at that beautiful road surface and camber! Decent water runoff! No traffic to speak of! Not fair :(

skelstar
20th July 2007, 09:56
Hate you Chop.

Geez it would be tempting to have a few "timed runs" up there huh?

Trudes
20th July 2007, 10:02
Ahh, now that is pretty poetry!:gob:

Ronin
20th July 2007, 10:06
Oh by the way how does one get a job in Korea?

By being his proctologist ?

janno
20th July 2007, 10:18
I love photo number three of the second lot. That would make a great poster for the back of the loo door . . .

I knew some people who were in South Korea for several years as ESL teachers. They really liked it there.

gijoe1313
20th July 2007, 10:24
Now there must have been a motorcyclist on the design board for that section! Took one look at the site and thought "I can make a road for bikers that bikers want to ride" :yes:

Just goes to show what a little imagination and attention to detail can generate! Must add that to my growing list of places I need to ride around the world! :sweatdrop

Korea
20th July 2007, 14:00
Hate you Chop.

Geez it would be tempting to have a few "timed runs" up there huh?

Heh, heh...
I'm already planning on making an excuse to get out and ride that naughty section of road under the guise of visiting the Korean side of the family.
:scooter:
A mate is getting married in October, so if I make it for the ceremony I'll nick off with his GSXR750. He won't be needing it.

skelstar
20th July 2007, 14:03
A mate is getting married in October, so if I make it for the ceremony I'll nick off with his GSXR750. He won't be needing it.
Need a cultural ambassador? I'll bring a fresh new approach, and keep you company on the ride too! :scooter:

Korea
20th July 2007, 14:07
Need a cultural ambassador? I'll bring a fresh new approach, and keep you company on the ride too! :scooter:

They already have drunken debauchery over there, sorry.
Still, you can introduce them to homosexuality - apparently they don't have that. I'm told "It's a foreigner disease".
Now that's fresh!

skelstar
20th July 2007, 14:09
That was very good...:niceone: green given for that one.

cold comfort
20th July 2007, 14:21
God, Korea gets roads like that and we get constant bloody "realignments" -nuf to make you weep! Talk about living in a third world country.

Sanx
20th July 2007, 14:50
Ah, but do they have a problem with Asian drivers?

675trippy
20th July 2007, 15:03
try a ride up takaka hill or up to millerton marvellous corners, road surface not as pretty as that though

cold comfort
20th July 2007, 21:37
Used to live in Nelson and the Takaka Hill was a regular-Fastest trip down was being chased by a psycho banjo player in a ute who was hell bent on running us off the road! Told my flatemate not to make rude gestures at him (even if it was deserved!)

kerfufflez
20th July 2007, 22:32
Ah, but do they have a problem with Asian drivers?

Yes, they do.

kerfufflez
20th July 2007, 22:35
This road can be found in a place called Ji An Jae in Gwangju province, South Korea.

In Jeollanam-do? Where's it near, i.e Suncheon or Yeosu or ? Might check it out one day.

jimbo600
20th July 2007, 22:47
In Jeollanam-do? Where's it near, i.e Suncheon or Yeosu or ? Might check it out one day.

I think its up the road from Sashimi st next to Korean Original Kimchi avenue.

xwhatsit
20th July 2007, 22:52
I think its up the road from Sashimi st next to Korean Original Kimchi avenue.

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>Fuck you, now I'm hungry :yes:

Boob Johnson
21st July 2007, 00:22
why doesn't NZ build 'em like this? :yes:Um??? Where ya been hidin dude. It's called SH43....Stratford (Taranaki) to Taumarunui (Waikato). Known as the "Forgotton Highway" prolly why you never heard of it :bleh:

The road has hardly been changed since our ancestors cut a trail back n the day. It literally follows the contours of the hills, fricken awesome road for bikes. Its not as smooth as that new Korean road of course but still pretty damn good considering its age but the best part is there is hardly a sole on it!!! I've ridden it many a time on my bike & it really is a dream, almost like it was built for a bikers :Punk:.

Its a reasonable distance from Stratford to the Whangamomona pub, grab a feed/beer & head back to Stratford (120Km round trip) so 99% of bikes aren't going to run out of gas (no stations out that way).

From Stratford it has plenty of wide open space to wind it up, then quickly gets into the back country & from there it's one continuous corner, bloody brilliant!!!

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1051/sh43kf6.jpg

Bullitt
21st July 2007, 11:56
The queenstown end of the crown range would have a similar number of hairpins with only maybe 100m between each one. The road surface wouldnt rival that but its still tarseal

cold comfort
21st July 2007, 12:43
The run down from the top of the Crown Range thru the Cardrona valley is a the best (when the suface is maintained) Thru there last summer after a concert at Peregrine wines. My wife's grin at Wanaka was almost as devilish as mine!

janno
21st July 2007, 13:24
My wife's grin at Wanaka was almost as devilish as mine!

Let me guess - she wasn't holding on to the pillion grips? :whistle:

cold comfort
21st July 2007, 14:15
very astute observation my dear Watson- they say speed is an aphrodesiac!:innocent:

Boob Johnson
21st July 2007, 19:17
Let me guess - she wasn't holding on to the pillion grips? :whistle:lmfao Janno. I was thinkin it, but wasn't gunna say it :shutup::laugh: