PDA

View Full Version : Got Ventura?

Big Dave
19th July 2007, 23:46
Hey I'm just doing a little job for the guys at Dold Indust, and I need some 'eye candy' with local flavour.

if you have a nice photo of your bike with Ventura luggage on it or you have a nice photo of you with an Arai helmet on - that I can use in an official montage for the brands - please post them up.

Same for ventura light guards and Avon tyres (if you can show the tyre brand somehow?)

Boomer - all right if I use this shot of you?

Keystone19
20th July 2007, 09:45
How's this one?

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 10:10
only perfect.

sorry not back to you - bad week.

Cajun
20th July 2007, 10:13
donno if this is any good shows a ventura pack rack & bag, with headlight guard on motogirls old gsxr 1000.

Found this pic of father in law busa taken same place with pack rack and headlight protector

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 10:50
donno if this is any good shows a ventura pack rack & bag, with headlight guard on motogirls old gsxr 1000.

Found this pic of father in law busa taken same place with pack rack and headlight protector

great thanks.

Cajun
20th July 2007, 10:57
might have a few better ones on desktop, i will check when i get home, let me know if ya keen on either of thsoe i got the high res pictures @ home also

Blackbird
20th July 2007, 11:03
I can supply higher definition originals if required and can photograph the Avon Storms this weekend if you don't get any other contributions. The reason I put a photo of the headlight protector mounting tabs in is that they're a better alternative to the white velcro which Dold supply with their protectors which go furry and look naff. I've used the clear 3M Dual Lock for 2 years and it works perfectly - still on the originals. See if you can persuade them to use it as standard!

Clivoris
20th July 2007, 11:22
Not up to your usual standards BD but are these any use? A bit of Italian flavour.

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 11:23
Not up to your usual standards BD but are these any use? A bit of Italian flavour.

All good thanks.

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 11:25
I can supply higher definition originals if required and can photograph the Avon Storms this weekend if you don't get any other contributions. The reason I put a photo of the headlight protector mounting tabs in is that they're a better alternative to the white velcro which Dold supply with their protectors which go furry and look naff. I've used the clear 3M Dual Lock for 2 years and it works perfectly - still on the originals. See if you can persuade them to use it as standard!

I'll pass it on - it's a web promo so low res is great thanks. Storms would be good too.

thanks

Blackbird
20th July 2007, 11:44
Here are some front and rear shots of the Storm which I did as part of an official tyre evaluation for Dold. If you want some angled shots with the name, happy to take some tomorrow.

idb
20th July 2007, 11:48
Another Italian....and a local......

Keystone19
20th July 2007, 11:51
only perfect.

sorry not back to you - bad week.

The bike in that photo also has ventura lightguards on it.

No worries Dave, let me know what suits, was thinking maybe we should go back to the original idea as well...:yes:

more_fasterer
20th July 2007, 12:50
How's this one?

That is an awesome photo. Was that on the crown range rd?

Keystone19
20th July 2007, 14:26
That is an awesome photo. Was that on the crown range rd?

Actually close but not quite, it's the Coronet Peak Road. Credit goes to Zapf for the photo.

Zapf
20th July 2007, 14:30
Credit goes to Zapf for the photo.

:woohoo:

10char

Hitcher
20th July 2007, 14:44
Presumably you don't want high definition photos of the scab-rust encrusted Ventura racks that graced Mrs H's last two Marauders?

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 14:50
.................nah.

Hitcher
20th July 2007, 14:56
.................nah.

Guessed as much. Ventura racks are a nice concept but the build quality leaves much to be desired. Ditto for Ventura's luggage system. I guess they're building to a price rather than to a quality standard.

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 15:03
Guessed as much. Ventura racks are a nice concept but the build quality leaves much to be desired. Ditto for Ventura's luggage system. I guess they're building to a price rather than to a quality standard.

Only used the chrome on loaners.

The black stuff you can't kill.
Very good for mine. Had it on the Trophy. Lightweight and it worked very well.

Also Had a Bathurst pack in irregular service for 7 years now - faded, jaded and unbeaten.

Robbo
20th July 2007, 15:04
Another Italian....and a local......

That's not Scumdog stopping to invite you for a coffee break, is it ???

crashe
20th July 2007, 15:13
Big Dave - I have Avon's on my bike (front and rear)

You can take as many pics of the tyres as you like.

Back tyre is fairly new and the front tyre has done a fair bit of milage.

idb
20th July 2007, 15:24
That's not Scumdog stopping to invite you for a coffee break, is it ???

No, it was rather tasty (female) cop at Twizel that insisted I stop to appreciate the marvellous salmon farms, straight roads and....the busload of tourists that I had passed moments before......it was great to see their sympathetic faces pressed to the glass as they drove past.

Cajun
20th July 2007, 15:47
came across this arty looking photo motogirl did

NighthawkNZ
20th July 2007, 16:08
Hey I'm just doing a little job for the guys at Dold Indust, and I need some 'eye candy' with local flavour.

if you have a nice photo of your bike with Ventura luggage on it or you have a nice photo of you with an Arai helmet on - that I can use in an official montage for the brands - please post them up.

Same for ventura light guards and Avon tyres (if you can show the tyre brand somehow?)

Have the venture pack rack, and luggage, as well as light guard... :)

PS: can supply high defination files if required

NZsarge
20th July 2007, 16:12
Have the venture pack rack, and luggage, as well as light guard... :)

Hmm... thats a fairly well loaded Firestorm:yes:

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 16:21
came across this arty looking photo motogirl did

Too much information!

Cajun
20th July 2007, 16:22
Too much information!

well wasn't me was some damn Italian stallion, that throbs between her legs

vifferman
20th July 2007, 17:24
No, it was rather tasty (female) cop at Twizel that insisted I stop to appreciate the marvellous salmon farms
And did you?
On our last trip down that way, one of the mini-highlights was stopping at a salmon farm and feeding the salmon; chuck a bit of food in (expecting some fish to come and lazily nibble on it) and this pharking turbocharged racing salmon zaps past and it's gone! :shit:
If the wind wasn't so friggin cold, we could've spent a goodly while there.

Oh - and I currently have two (2) Ventura packs, my third packrack, and my third lightguard, but my pictures all suck.
BTW - the black ones aren't indestructible - they're not painted properly, and too much riding on wet'n'dirty roads abrades the paint off rather readily.
Should've got a pic of my last rack - instead of the sticker saying "WARNING: Not to be used as a backrest", it said, "Abandon hope, all ye who perch here!"

James Deuce
20th July 2007, 17:44
Well my black pack rack gets thrashed (daily use) and it is holding up really well.

Do you guys wax and polish your racks? (oo err)

I have a feeling that this is the point of difference between me and the rest of the Ventura owning Universe because mine still looks new (except for the worn sticker).

nadroj
20th July 2007, 17:48
South Island 05

Big Dave
20th July 2007, 18:02
Yeah jim - unless it's from the inside out.

Tbird is a bit shabby now because it's been unused for 18 months, but in service my bikes don't get an opportunity to rust.
Always polished.

merv
20th July 2007, 18:46
How about adventure ride pics, one at the seat of power. Here's my WR250F at Parliament with its Ventura rack and bag on during the Capital Coast Adventure.

Also one above Cook Strait, and is that Karori Light?

Then getting ready for a wash at home with the bag off but the rack clearly visible.

boomer
20th July 2007, 21:13

fill ya boots big boy.. whats the commission ? ;)

Slingshot
20th July 2007, 23:26
How about this one:

Big Dave
21st July 2007, 00:24
fill ya boots big boy.. whats the commission ? ;)

commission |kəˈmi sh ən| (abbr.: comm.) noun 1 the authority to perform a task or certain duties. • an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people : his commission to redesign the building | he received a commission to act as an informer. • an order for something, esp. a work of art, to be produced : Mozart at last received a commission to write an opera. • a work produced in response to such an order.

You can do my photocopying ;-P

Blackbird
21st July 2007, 09:38
Here's the Storm name if it's any good Dave

Big Dave
21st July 2007, 09:42
Here's the Storm name if it's any good Dave

all good - thanks everyone.

vifferman
21st July 2007, 11:04
Yeah jim - unless it's from the inside out.

Tbird is a bit shabby now because it's been unused for 18 months, but in service my bikes don't get an opportunity to rust.
Always polished.
:shit:
Wow!! That's one very shiny machine!

Big Dave
21st July 2007, 11:12
:shit:
Wow!! That's one very shiny machine!

Ohlins all round, breathed on by the best, it gets along all right too.

MacD
21st July 2007, 15:44
Here's the RF posing beside a danger sign on Ruapehu ;)

Ventura packs, headlamp shield, and Avon tyres! Shame the front pocket on the bag is open though.

And another one on Vinegar Hill.

I have no complaint of product.

Edbear
21st July 2007, 16:46
How about this one:

Travellin' light, aintcha...?:whistle:

Slingshot
21st July 2007, 17:58
Travellin' light, aintcha...?:whistle:

That was enough gear for me and the wife (riding pillion) for over a weeks worth of camping.

Steam
21st July 2007, 18:02
I put 30 kilos of shopping in my ventura bag today, tried to lift it with only one strap and Rrrrrip! oops, one less strap now. Time to break out the sewing machine tonight.

magicfairy
22nd July 2007, 09:09
2 Arai helmets and a Ventura Sports Pack on the ground

ceebie13
22nd July 2007, 09:49
Here ya go BD,

One photo sponsoring not only Arai, but Oxford Products, Coca Cola, Honda, RJays, Quasimoto, Draggin Jeans, Motomart, MacDonald Motor Trimmers, Givi, Renntec (rear carrier), Puig (hugger), The Cardrona Hotel...and Garlic Whiskey (whatever that is!). Bugger! No Ventura :-(

The fee for single worldwide internet rights will be $1000 + GST but the copyright remains with my Mrs as the originator. Any other usage is negotiable.

Let's talk.

Big Dave
22nd July 2007, 10:01
Let's talk.

Have your people ring my people.