PDA

View Full Version : Sat 25/09 Ride - JazBug5 goes "splat" and tests out her riding gear

StoneChucker
25th September 2004, 23:53
PART 1 of 2: (Pic's follow the story)

Well! What a day it was :wacko:

We (Myself, BungBung, JazBug5, McCool and Elaine who's not on KB YET) met at the mobil on Buckle street at 9am, and set off on a planned long ride, partly so McCool could clock some more miles up on his new bike, for the run in/oil change. We headed out to the Rimutakas, and as we got to the hill, it started to bucket down. Had coffee and dried out as much as possible at the top.

Set off again for Masterton and ultimately the Paihiatua (spelling?) track, via Balance, I think. Weather was just about perfect AFTER the Taka's. After taking a slightly wrong turn on the Paihiatua track due to us being sidetracked by a guy warning us of a whole heap of bikes approaching, JazBug while diligently trying to keep left away from all the bikes, hit a run off area of gravel, and low-sided her GN250. I wasn't near her at the time, but I hear she was up standing as fast as she went down. The bike was amazingly undamaged, apart from an indicator and one mirror (good ol GN's). More importantly though, Jaz was relatively unhurt apart from a sore ankle, and a nasty & deep gash in her side/hip area. (Oh, Jaz was only just getting rid of a black eye from Ju Jitsu, which happend shortly after she attacked her other eye with a piece of paper!) I think when this gash starts to heal, we should wrap you up in bubblewrap!

BungBung was kind enough to give her a ride to the nearest hospital, which so it turned out, was an ambulance about 2 mins away. It had been following the large group of bikes (which were on a Pokey run from what I hear). AFTER they patched her up, McCool found it fit to mention that we weren't even part of the Pokey group hehe :msn-wink: But, thats their job so :whocares:

Went for lunch right after that (well, got lost briefly again first) at a really nice cafe in the area, where we happend to meet another KB'er & partner. Then picked up Jaz's bike, and came home via Palmerston and SH2 into Wgtn.

Apart from the obvious, it was a nice ride, and great to meet those who I hadn't :spudwave:

Now for the pics :blah:

Pic 1: See how happy Jaz looks with something BIG between her legs :eek: (sorry jaz, couldn't resist hehe)
Pic 2 - Pic 5: Some of the bikes on the Pokey run...
Pic 6: The very fortunately placed Ambo - Thanks guys for patching up our Bug
Pic 7: Whats left of Jaz's right knee pad (Note to self, get riding pants and STOP wearing jeans :buggerd: ) Oh, in case you can't see it, Jaz AND McCool are pointing for you :niceone:
Pic 8: Sheesh, what can you say about this? Jaz shows her battle wounds and McCool see's Red and goes crazy-vampire on us...

Cont...

StoneChucker
25th September 2004, 23:59
Cont...

Pic 9: Where Jaz's bike was left for part of the day.
Pic 10: War wounds on the GN250 (The bloody thing still worked, McCool secured it back on with an elastic band...)
Pic 11: The crime scene. The white line defines the two areas, road below and gravel area above.
Pic 12: This says it all, and I reckon should be Jaz's new avatar :whistle:

Just heard that Jaz had to get stitches (the wound was pretty deep, and full of crap which she had to have cleaned out at A&E) and now won't be riding for the next few days :( Sorry to hear that, and hope you get better REALLY :soon:

Take it easy.
Dave.

Skunk
26th September 2004, 00:13
Sorry to read that, and so soon after being crowned in her PJ's too! :(

Hope you're out and about soon Jaz.

Mr Skid
26th September 2004, 00:37
Awwh crap! Sorry to hear about that Jaz, hope your back on two wheels soon, and get some good mileage out of your "I cheated death!" story with workmates.

Maybe embelish it a bit and tell them you highsided while trying to avoid a mother duck and her ducklings that had strayed onto the racing line.

That armour looks well loved, are you sure you didn't munt the knee armour from some knee down action on the gn prior?

btw that R1 looks just your size :msn-wink:

StoneChucker
26th September 2004, 00:47
:msn-wink: The incident happened at well over 100km/h :P The dodgy knee pad was from dragging her knee round that corner, and she would've been fine, except she tried to pull a wheelie WHILE banked all the way over (to avoid the wretched ducklings paparazzi mentioned). Even with all that, she was still in control, but then HAD to pull a stoppie on the gravel as she came to a rest.

Sigh, when will these "hoon" types learn :msn-wink:

jazbug5
26th September 2004, 01:02
Damn those ducklings. Damn them all to hell, I say.
Thanks everyone (especially the nice man in the ambulance who looked away very discreetly as I removed my trousers and didn't peek at me in my little g-string at all..)
So, Stoney: when can I borrow your lovely big bike, then? :devil2:

Mr Skid
26th September 2004, 01:20
(especially the nice man in the ambulance who looked away very discreetly as I removed my trousers and didn't peek at me in my little g-string at all..)
I assume dropping your strides had *something* to do with treating your injury?

Well at least you've learn't not to wear a g-string on a KB ride! Then again, was the ambo guy hot? :bleh:

Zapf
26th September 2004, 01:36
Ouch, hope you are good in time for the W.Rally. How did u get to gash, seeing you hav a full riding jacket as well?

Hope u get well soon and see u on the rally :)

StoneChucker
26th September 2004, 06:46
How did u get to gash, seeing you hav a full riding jacket as well?

Her jacket rode up when she came off. Makes me wonder how mine would do under the same conditions. Sigh, I guess you can't be completely sure unless you get a one piece suit.

I'm taking donations for mine then :)

Zed
26th September 2004, 08:29
Damn those ducklings. Damn them all to hell, I say.
Thanks everyone (especially the nice man in the ambulance who looked away very discreetly as I removed my trousers and didn't peek at me in my little g-string at all..)
So, Stoney: when can I borrow your lovely big bike, then?
Sorry to hear about your bin Jaz :( , was it your first ever? I remember binning mine a few months back for the first time ever and how I felt really gutted and quite peculiar when it happened, trembled for a minute or so...

Glad to hear you're ok, especially coming off at such a high speed!

Take care out there. :spudwave:

Zed

merv
26th September 2004, 09:18
I like the 5th pic of the first set, those Harley boys sure think they own the road riding 3 or 4 abreast.

Glad to see JazBug5 is on the mend and the bike isn't too badly damaged.

2_SL0
26th September 2004, 11:25
I hope your feeling better soon. I dont look foward to my first road bin. Im hoping it never happins. (lolol) At least you have that first bin over and done with. :) . I always find I learn something from a bin. (Example, trees are very solid and will not break my fall. I learnt that one very early on.) Im always glad to hear people are walking away from a crash. :)

magnum
26th September 2004, 12:25
glad to hear you and bike are not sore/dented :spudwave:

Ghost Lemur
26th September 2004, 14:00
Sorry to hear about the bin Jazbug.

Just remember any bin you can walk away from is a good one. And one that you can ride away from, well that's buy a lotto ticket material. :D

Ms Piggy
26th September 2004, 15:25
Jaz is fitting fit, like any normal Scottish lassie! I saw her today out at the Wairarapa Sprints - sadly she isn't allowed to ride for a littlw hile so no sprints her her & the trusty GN!

Glad you're ok Jazbug :yes:

Paul in NZ
26th September 2004, 18:47
Wowsers!

Bad luck on the dreaded falling down... Not recommended and goodness knows what the shouty man would have made of it! However, you've done it now so nothing to be scared of....

As for the ambo looking away when you dropped your trousers and revealed your G string (whatever the hell that is - I'm assuming a type of small underwear as i doubt you were concealing a guitar in there)

Remember you are no longer just a woman or a motorist... You are a motorcyclist. The ambo would have naturally averted his eyes after years of attended to the abrasions your average male motorcyclists most of whom change the oil in their bikes more often than their daks. He was not so much being discrete as fliching from the memory of a thousand decomposing, baggy, grey and crusty Y fronts and a hundred pairs of combination long johns melding into the skin like some sort of waxy, oily second skin!

Don't take it personally....

:niceone:

Paul N

jazbug5
26th September 2004, 19:05
Thanks, everyone;

I was indeed a lucky, lucky girl; Paparazzi: the ambo driver was hot in a 'he's so lovely he reminds me of my father...' way...er, not in 'a who's your daddy' kind of way, you understand, just as in terribly terribly nice and might be reading this (hello again nice man) kind of way, babble...babble.
Thanks, Paul; no one is to tell the shouty man. Ever.
He would probably track me down and stand outside my house yelling until he busted a blood vessel somewhere. I'm thinking of his health, you understand...
as for the 'pants' thing, I think I'm going to have to go and be restitched again (note to all; please try to be very, very unfunny for ten days or so... must... not .... laugh...) and you have also put me off investigating the contents of any biker's trousers from now on. Or not without a power hose, wire brush and dettol to hand, anyway.
CSL? Preferred 'sanitising' method?
Well done to everyone at the sprints today; it was a great day, nice to see everyone out, sprinting or no.
And well done especially to the sprint wirgins like Stony and Bruce...
and thanks for the lift, Stony; but do you think you could speed up a bit on those hills next time? Sheesh.
:wacko:

Ms Piggy
26th September 2004, 19:19
CSL? Preferred 'sanitising' method?

Hmmmmmmm...a good rub down with something that smells nice.

Mongoose
26th September 2004, 19:40
Another steep learning curve, crickey at this rate you will be the smartest person on these boards!!
Glad to here your bin was not too bad and the bike survived it reasonabley well too.
Keep smilin', that way they dont know what you realy think

Two Smoker
26th September 2004, 19:46
Bad luck on the bin Jaz :( but glad your all good :) ive been lucky also, having 5 bins and only minor injuries :wacko:

mccool
26th September 2004, 19:58
As a member of this expedition I can verify that this is a true and accurate account of the adventure. Onya Dave, great pictures. Additional points of information -
1. It was I who got us lost. Twice. I was sure it was around there somewhere.
2. Jaz was pale and shaken for an hour and then rosey cheeked and laughing again. Staunch.
3. I talked to the Ambo guy after Jaz got out. He had just finished patching up some beardy Harley guy when Jaz came along. He had a big smile and a twinkle-eye. In a fatherly sort of way of course.

Larenzo

erik
26th September 2004, 20:42
Ouch, stitches. Sorry to hear about your bin, Jazbug. I hope you heal up soon.

Paul in NZ
26th September 2004, 21:10
Ouch, stitches. .

Cool... Stitches.... Ask me about the ones I got from stabbing myself in the groin once...

Any who....

I'll could re-write your story later on and it will involve stuff like chasing down evil P smugglers on a NOS equiped stealth GN250 (really it has an R1 engine in there) and only binning it to save the life of the next Dali Lama (presently incarnated as a duckling) but still managing to take out the bad guys with the GN secret arsenal of super weapons without the rest of the civilians knowing it....

So if you could try to get them to leave a cool scar... Adds credibility to the story - You know, I crashed and burned but I'm still riding style of thing...

(in your cute Scots accent please)

The names Bug! JazBug!

ps. Don't worry about potential scars ruining your love life. If some future person sees it, tell them you got it in a knife fight in a Taipan brodello when some drunken sailor jamed a broken rum bottle in yer guts while you were busy gutting his brother and watch their eyes widen untill they realise you are taking the mickey!

StoneChucker
26th September 2004, 21:33
(in your cute Scots accent please)
Aye! :)

Stony; but do you think you could speed up a bit on those hills next time? Sheesh.
Well I never! :bleh: I asked EVER so nicely how you were doing, and you said fine, twice :sneaky2: Well then, can you TRY and stay in the middle of the seat next time? Oh oh oh, I WOULD like to have kids oneday... (Stay outta MY seat) <_<

hehehehe, JUST playing, you're a great pillion :first:

Velox
26th September 2004, 22:46
Well I have to say that this is all pretty disturbing for two reasons:
1) That's not so nice Jazbug! Hope it's not so stingy now, but that was a good point by Paul about trying to make it scar - rub some ink in it or something! That's real good though that you and your bike aren't too bad. Pity about the riding gear.
2) What were you guys doing hooning around near Palmy and not dropping in to the racing at Manfield around the corner! Oh dear oh dear.

Velox
26th September 2004, 22:47
Oh - you were heading that way and didn't get there. Sorry - a bit slow tonight.

F5 Dave
27th September 2004, 10:45
Re the jacket rolling up; you could get a decent (read chunky) zip together mod done on them.

Glad you are ok & certainly seemed perky enough yesterday so good on ya for not shying away from jumping on a bike so soon.

vifferman
27th September 2004, 12:37
Glad you're not badly hurt, Jazbug. I hope you mend quickly.

Thanks everyone (especially the nice man in the ambulance who looked away very discreetly as I removed my trousers and didn't peek at me in my little g-string at all..)Yeah, they're good like that. Unlike that mccool, who seems to be very ogly in the 'vampire' pic.:Pokey:
I had to remove my pants after my last bin, too. Spent several hours in the hospital pantsless :eek: but most staff were OK about it, apart from one orderly/volunteer who asked me how come I'd lost my pants.

Re the jacket rolling up; you could get a decent (read chunky) zip together mod done on them.That's a damned good idea. My jacket came with just such a zip, so one of the mods I had done after one of my bins was to have the other half of the zip sewn onto my pants. Not only does it help when you fall down (not that you're going to do it again, eh Jaz? :msn-wink: ) but it also stops your jacket riding up and keeps you a bit warmer and more comfy.

Blakamin
27th September 2004, 13:14
Good to hear you're up and about! :ride:

jazbug5
27th September 2004, 13:24
*Well I never! :bleh: I asked EVER so nicely how you were doing, and you said fine, twice :sneaky2: Well then, can you TRY and stay in the middle of the seat next time? Oh oh oh, I WOULD like to have kids oneday... (Stay outta MY seat) * Stonechucker

Ah, Dave, I was just trying a little pillion 'stunting' to try and liven things up! Sorry about the squished bits... I thought you always walked like that...
:innocent:

phil_elvey
27th September 2004, 14:28
Went for lunch right after that (well, got lost briefly again first) at a really nice cafe in the area, where we happend to meet another KB'er & partner.

Great to meet all you guys and jaz, hopefully we will catch up again soon.

mccool
27th September 2004, 19:34
Hey Phil, great to meet you too. You are lucky to have those roads in your backyard without 20kms of motorway to get past first. Good job converting that cute young woman to bikes.

LB
28th September 2004, 04:55
Have come into this thread a bit late, but I had caught up with the story from the horses mouth (as it were) at the sprints on Sunday.

Good on you for getting right back into it Jaz. :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Take care of those stitches. I hope my friends didn't make you laugh too much at the Fish after the sprints when they were talking about their wee willies. (Jim2, where were you when we needed you??)

toads
28th September 2004, 08:33
Hi there Jazbug, I hope you are well and truly on the mend, you're certainly a tenacious being, getting right back into it again.
I couldn't help thinking when I first read the beginning of this thread that the Gn250 in my opinion, is a particularly difficult bike to handle in regard to cornering etc, I found mine really didn't handle at all well, as cornering was so unpredictable, I never felt "at one" with it, and as soon as I got on the kwaka I knew straight away she could be trusted. I'm saying this because you might be going over " what did I do wrong" in your own mind, and I think it is likely that it is the wheel barrow nature of the GN that is the likely cause.
They are great bikes with regard to fuel economy and so on, but in terms of handling they have issues. It doesn't help of course that I am incredibly short and that I have trouble touching the ground even on a GN 250, so I binned it quite often, usually in the driveway LOL

ching_ching
28th September 2004, 12:20
Thanks, everyone;

(note to all; please try to be very, very unfunny for ten days or so... must... not .... laugh...)

This guy walks into a bar and there's this horse in the room at the back standing next to a pot of gold and... :devil2:

jazbug5
28th September 2004, 18:24
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Somebody stop him!

Toads: thanks for that; you're right, I have been stressing about cornering a bit, but how much of it is due to my own inexperience (probably a fair bit!) and how much the dynamics (lack of?) of the bike I'll only be able to figure out by riding about some more... but I'll be bearing what you say very much in mind.
Think the loose gravel was the biggest factor overall, though...
I'm short too, as it happens; definately played a part in falling over a few times in the beginning!
(Also generally at a stop.) :doh:

F5 Dave
28th September 2004, 18:27
Do you have low bars on it? hey help a lot more than the silly risers they had std. Some more oil in the front forks makes them dive a little less so they are more stable.

jazbug5
28th September 2004, 18:47
Pretty sure I've got the 'standards'. Will look into that; possibly a few calls to some breakers yards etc, then... and will attempt to put more oil in my front forks. Thanks, Dave (again!)

Ms Piggy
28th September 2004, 18:54
Hey Jaz,
Did ya find out if you have to get new pants (not the g-string kind) or if the old ones can just be repaired.

Are you gonna be riding to Larry's on Saturday morning or still hangin' onto Stoney for dear life! :lol:

jazbug5
28th September 2004, 19:12
You mean they make armoured g-strings?
Sign me up!
Hoping to ride there, but depends on ankle. (Blaaaaahhhhhh)
Pants should be okay with a little stitching. Remember, woman, and repeat this 5 times until you get it... "Jazbug is Scottish". And from Aberdeen, too..!
;)

Ms Piggy
28th September 2004, 19:32
You mean they make armoured g-strings?
Sign me up!
Hoping to ride there, but depends on ankle. (Blaaaaahhhhhh)
Pants should be okay with a little stitching. Remember, woman, and repeat this 5 times until you get it... "Jazbug is Scottish". And from Aberdeen, too..!
;)
Auch you're a wee Scottish lassie through and through. I'm of Scots descent so I'm pretty tight with my money too...oh hang on I have none! HA!

Armoured g-strings...possibly. If they don't amybe we could start a market for them :msn-wink:

Motu
28th September 2004, 19:43
Yeah,I reckon the bars on a GN250 are all wrong,they just don't fall into the hands easy,everyone I see riding one looks stiff and not at one with the bike.Sit on your bike Jazz,and put your arms out to where you want them to be,get you hands angled right too...see how far this is away from the original bars.If your hands fall on the original bars I'm talking through my arse,but better bars will transform the bike.Find some westerns,or a set of dirt bars - not the modern type,they are too low and flat,but an older set are wider,higher with more pull back,this will put you in control of your bike.

jazbug5
28th September 2004, 20:13
Cheers, Motu: I'll try that too.
A busy weekend coming up!
Oh, and are you coming to the Waiakto rally now?

toads
29th September 2004, 08:23
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Somebody stop him!

Toads: thanks for that; you're right, I have been stressing about cornering a bit, but how much of it is due to my own inexperience (probably a fair bit!) and how much the dynamics (lack of?) of the bike I'll only be able to figure out by riding about some more... but I'll be bearing what you say very much in mind.
Think the loose gravel was the biggest factor overall, though...
I'm short too, as it happens; definately played a part in falling over a few times in the beginning!
(Also generally at a stop.) :doh:

Have a ride on my bike when we meet up at tokaanu and you'll see what I mean, the GN250 really is a great bike for learning on, but they do have handling issues, and when you have a bike that behaves predicitably in corners it makes the whole riding experience a huge buzz, I realise you are stuck with a 250 for a while but once you have your full licence, there's a huge world of fantastic bikes out there (drool, slurp) . Pretty much no bike handles well in gravel/tarseal mix, and I know how it feels to be flung off . congratulations for having good protective gear.
Don't let people pressure you to the extreme left of the road either, a lot of motorists are real arseholes when they see a bike with an L plate, they try and force them off the road by passing excessively closely.
I refuse to be intimidated by them and ride smack bang in the middle of the road, I know they see me that way, and I also have a particular dislike of gravel etc at the side of the road, also potholes!

toads
29th September 2004, 08:32
I also want to add, that adding more oil to your forks may stuff 'em completely, your bike is pretty new and probably has the correct amount of oil in it, I would suggest checking your tyre pressures firstly and also Motu's suggestion of seeing where your bars sit with your arms, rather than getting new bars though I'd suggest adjusting them first, as they are mini apehangers all your cables etc will be very loose if you put lower bars on, and being short the lower bars are no good for my pathetically short arms, you may well find the same thing.
Your tyre pressures incidently make a huge difference to the handling of the bike and they need to be spot on.

F5 Dave
29th September 2004, 09:22
My ex had low bars on the GN with no worries, they made it so much easier & she wasn’t a tall girl. By adding oil (& many bikes are notorious for not having the correct amount of oil in the forks, 80s Kawasaki’s esp. it seemed they were trying to save money on fork oil) anyway by adding oil you are decreasing the airspace which increases the springrate near full compression.

Ideally new stiffer springs would be better at slowing the forkdive but oil is cheap. I don’t mean fill them up or anything, that would cause hydraulicing & likely blow the forkseals. But adding 10-20 ml should give a slight improvement.

bungbung
29th September 2004, 11:28
Some pix from said ride:

Elaine and Larry Mccool at the top of the Paekak hill. What a fantastic run over the hill and back around the inlet as the sun went down. Cheers for a great day guys.

mccool
29th September 2004, 14:53
Thanks Mr Bung. That Elaine can ride, gave me a good run for my money down the hill.

Paul in NZ
29th September 2004, 15:16
Jazz....

According to Vicki I'm recovering from a sordid handlebar fetish and thus have a few... Um... 'spare' ones of the lowish Honda 400/4 - BSA A10 type shape.. Yours for free if you think it will help. Some a re a bit second hand but helps to decide the shape before you purchase.

More than happy to help change em and check your fork oil too... Or if you would prefer, loan you the tools so you can do it! Get those yobs that knocked you off (see I told you the story would get better) at 200kph to come out and help too...

Paul N

PS - Don't stress about cornering on a GN... It will wobble about like a baby elephant on P but if you stick with it and trust the bike to sort it's self out it will generally do so.... It's when the rider starts interfering with things that it all goes horribly wrong....

PPS - If you want to know about alternative bikes and are concerned about the old inside leg measurement... Go here http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/sbl.sbl.html

Cheers

StoneChucker
29th September 2004, 16:01
Do you have to be so helpful? hehe :msn-wink: good on ya mate, it's appreciated I'm sure. But, I have a better solution.

Take the GN, and fit it with a Nitrous Kit, and Gas Quick Shifter. Drop a few cogs on the sprockets, graves velocity stacks and a say, Full Micron exhaust system.

To complete the look, some "Ape hangers" and a bolted on side car (extra wheel stability). Get it fully chromed and put a 190 rear tyre on.

Consider your ride now "Pimped"

Paul in NZ
29th September 2004, 16:08
Do you have to be so helpful? hehe :msn-wink: good on ya mate, it's appreciated I'm sure. But, I have a better solution.

Take the GN, and fit it with a Nitrous Kit, and Gas Quick Shifter. Drop a few cogs on the sprockets, graves velocity stacks and a say, Full Micron exhaust system.

To complete the look, some "Ape hangers" and a bolted on side car (extra wheel stability). Get it fully chromed and put a 190 rear tyre on.

Consider your ride now "Pimped"

Actually... I was just going to swipe the motor out of your R1 and but that in the GN but yours sounds OK too...

Perhaps you should come out with Jazzbug too. She might be less suspicious about the huge meatgrinder in the corner and the "Fresh Scottish Meat Pies" sign out front then.......

Either that or I can bring the remains of the handlebar collection into town and you can wing it from there!

cheers

StoneChucker
29th September 2004, 16:49
I'm easy, gimme a time, gimme a place.

Oh, might be a good idea to do it at your house, with your expertise and all ;)

Erm..... I think we're organinsing a little pre-emtively. Lets see what Jaz says hehe

jazbug5
29th September 2004, 20:34
I say, yes yes yes!
:not:

Thanks guys! Mr. McCool has also offered the benefit of his considerable expertise; we're going there Saturday morning anyhow to do a little 'pre Waikato' organisation, so perhaps we can look at the fork oil issue then?
(If not actually do it then- length-of-operation times noted McCool!)
He agrees that in his opinion I would probably be better with lower bars, so I guess it depends really on when Mr. Paul will be 'at home' to visitors etc.
I have added that link about good bikes for shortarses to my 'Favourites' list so I can dream a little over the next 8 months or so...
I will have to give you something in exchange; what'll it be? Bottles of firewater or shiny buttons?
Oh, and you really should know that Scots make terrible pies. We're awfully bitter, you know. And full of cholesterol.

Ms Piggy
29th September 2004, 20:38
Thanks guys! Mr. McCool has also offered the benefit of his considerable expertise
I can recomend Mr McCool as a very handy fella to know :2thumbsup

Paul in NZ
29th September 2004, 21:14
I'm currently coming down with a cold... Bah humbug!! saturday / sunday is Ok with me if I'm still alive by then (rotten headache right now) but I live up the Kapiti coast....

Changing bars is no biggie. Oil is simple as long as you know how much to put back in! Should be in the manual / handbook.

Get in touch friday or something, see how I'm going eh??

Paul N (orf to bed - sniff)

jazbug5
29th September 2004, 21:25
Oh noooo... poor Paul!

Hope it's not this dreaded 'flu thing!
Loads of honey and lemon for you; try adding a bit of Turmeric and cayenne as well, and some ginger. :cold: :doctor:

Posh Tourer :P
29th September 2004, 22:56
It's when the rider starts interfering with things that it all goes horribly wrong....

Too right!

Paul in NZ
1st October 2004, 21:14
Oh noooo... poor Paul!

Hope it's not this dreaded 'flu thing!
Loads of honey and lemon for you; try adding a bit of Turmeric and cayenne as well, and some ginger. :cold: :doctor:

Honey for a Diabetic?? Well it would have a result.... :lol:

I did a 14 hour day today and if I can hack that a poxy handlebar ain't gunna worry me is it? Just don't decide to do it at 9 am OK!

Call me (04) 904 9710 or 027 249 9959 if you want the bars and help! I have fork oil too.

Paul N

jazbug5
1st October 2004, 22:08
Oh dear.

Sugarfree lollypops dipped in currypowder then?
HIGHLY unlikely you'll be getting disturbed at that sort of unGodly hour.
What do you think we are? Heathens?
Will text you at a civilised time tomorrow...
+ hope you're feeling better

toads
1st October 2004, 22:24
Cor Jazbug, I don't think I'd like your cooking, diabetic lollypop dipped in curry powder, arrgg, I think I'd rather just have the cold/flu

jazbug5
1st October 2004, 22:38
Hey, it's like this.
medicine tastes like sh*t therefore it's good for you.
Food that tastes good? Not good for you.
Lard, anyone?

Paul in NZ
2nd October 2004, 09:59
Lard, anyone?

No thanks... I have plenty of my own...

Text me your cellphone number 'cos I won't / can't / get frustrated / hate texting back OK... I have poor cell coverage here anyway..

Cheers