PDA

View Full Version : Race pipe on a BMW

BMW
21st July 2007, 11:35
Has anyone put a race pip on a R1100RT? I see a two brothers one is there.

pritch
22nd July 2007, 17:23
Has anyone put a race pip on a R1100RT? I see a two brothers one is there.

I know a guy who likes to play with his BMW pipes. His last one used to cough and spit and fart something horrible. I was so tactless as to mention this, and he told me, "They all do that."

Funny, 'cause I used to have a BMW, and rode with a lot of other BMWs and didn't remember that at all.

I spoke to Henry at ExperienceBMW and he told me all that nonsense was entirely unnecessary. There are pitfalls though, in the more recent models due to the catalytic converter and you do need to be aware of that.

There is also a question mark over the quality of "Two Brothers Racing" products. Advice I was given a couple of years ago, "Buy cans from the people that do the R&D". Seemed like good advice. Still does.

One of the Brit bike mags did dyno tests of after-market cans and some of them made less power than the standard item.

Have fun but be aware there are pitfalls.

Good luck.

98tls
22nd July 2007, 17:45
I know a guy who likes to play with his BMW pipes. His last one used to cough and spit and fart something horrible. I was so tactless as to mention this, and he told me, "They all do that."

Funny, 'cause I used to have a BMW, and rode with a lot of other BMWs and didn't remember that at all.

I spoke to Henry at ExperienceBMW and he told me all that nonsense was entirely unnecessary. There are pitfalls though, in the more recent models due to the catalytic converter and you do need to be aware of that.

There is also a question mark over the quality of "Two Brothers Racing" products. Advice I was given a couple of years ago, "Buy cans from the people that do the R&D". Seemed like good advice. Still does.

One of the Brit bike mags did dyno tests of after-market cans and some of them made less power than the standard item.

Have fun but be aware there are pitfalls.

Good luck. I to have heard of question marks about Two Brothers gear,in the states there considered a cheaper option although in saying that theres a shit load of bikes over there with them on,ive had them on my TL since new and apart from repacking them twice..which is dead easy they have stood the test of time very well......and the sound is awsome,as for quality click on my avatar for a picture of them,there in great shape for a set of 9 year old cans done 40000 odd kms.

jimbo
30th July 2007, 21:04
I havnt had any thing to do with Two Brothers gear so wont comment on that.I recently sold a 93R1100RS Beemer that had a Neptune pipe fitted.
It sounded great and ran beautifully.The bike had the Cat removed and the pipe joined on at the standard headers.
Neptune are in wellington and have a website etc .(oh yeah,it also added 6 kilos of lightness:yes:)