PDA

View Full Version : Ashhurst ride report 22 July, for garryH

cowboyz
22nd July 2007, 16:33
went for a ride today

GSVR
22nd July 2007, 16:53
went for a ride today

Sorry I didn't get it on camera. But yes some riding was done between cafe stops,bullshit talking,bike repairs and transporting,refueling, doorknocking YOD, yada yada yada.

Heres my report - Yamaha XJ650 still running strong after 27 years.

1/ Vinager Hill turnooff
2/ Cowboyz is not a violent person
3/ Rare photo of a SUZUKI getting technical assessment and tweak

Really enjoyed the day must get out again in another 6 months or so.

cowboyz
22nd July 2007, 17:20
fantastic photos. All fair in love and bikes. And where would our rides be without the intermissions?

Meanie
22nd July 2007, 18:41
Good to catch up with you again Gary
Good ride today even after the late start

86GSXR
22nd July 2007, 18:51
Nice pics Garry. Good ride too!

GSVR
23rd July 2007, 09:10
Just what I always wanted my own thread not started by me and people posting on it.

Think I got about about 200ks on the bike with no issues at all except the poor brakes, acceleration, and lack of fairing. Good points were it looked and sounded good until it was started and didn't gussle to much fuel or oil.

This bike is able to manage some of the longer rides so I may be at some of the more lesurely paced lower north island rides.

chanceyy
23rd July 2007, 14:39
Just what I always wanted my own thread not started by me and people posting on it.

Think I got about about 200ks on the bike with no issues at all except the poor brakes, acceleration, and lack of fairing. Good points were it looked and sounded good until it was started and didn't gussle to much fuel or oil.

This bike is able to manage some of the longer rides so I may be at some of the more lesurely paced lower north island rides.

so you might come on the 4th Aug ride then ... lesiurely for sure .. lower north island ...absolutely

its posted on the calendar .. & Cowboyz will not be leading :killingme

cowboyz
23rd July 2007, 16:31
Thats right. GarryH can go on your ride cause I will not be there...

If GarryH does show up I bet it will rain.

GSVR
23rd July 2007, 16:35
so you might come on the 4th Aug ride then ... lesiurely for sure .. lower north island ...absolutely

its posted on the calendar .. & Cowboyz will not be leading :killingme

Thanks Chancey. I like to let Cowboyz have a turn at being at the front towards the end of a ride so he goes home happy. Despite the rumours I'm not a complete bastard.

chanceyy
23rd July 2007, 16:40
Thanks Chancey. I like to let Cowboyz have a turn at being at the front towards the end of a ride so he goes home happy. Despite the rumours I'm not a complete bastard.

:lol: does not take much to make cowboyz happy huh garry .. & never heard them rumors .. but then dunno about being a complete bastard .. how about sometimes :dodge:

GSVR
23rd July 2007, 16:52
:lol: does not take much to make cowboyz happy huh garry .. & never heard them rumors .. but then dunno about being a complete bastard .. how about sometimes :dodge:

If he didn't get his comfort/nico drug fix stops every few K's I don't think he would be a happy camper.

cowboyz
23rd July 2007, 17:10

I like that you humour me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And don't worry. 'Complete' is not a word that comes to mind when thinking of you.

Meanie
23rd July 2007, 19:21
If he didn't get his comfort/nico drug fix stops every few K's I don't think he would be a happy camper.

I like that you humour me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And don't worry. 'Complete' is not a word that comes to mind when thinking of you.

I thought you too wernt reading each others posts :gob:

cowboyz
23rd July 2007, 20:21
I thought you too wernt reading each others posts :gob:

I never said I wasn't reading GarryH posts. He is always very entertaining and I spend many many hours with the thought provoking comments he comes up with.

He doesnt read mine though cause they are full of shit. Oh and long.

Meanie
23rd July 2007, 20:39
He doesnt read mine though cause they are full of shit. Oh and long.

Thats right now i remember