PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors for Suzuki FXR150

little green FXR
24th July 2007, 12:29
I was wandering if there's anyone out there with any idea where to go in Christchurch for some mirrors for a Suzuki FXR150. Second hand, or whatever so long as they fit onto the bike, and do the job mirrors are meant to do. I've been having a lot of trouble tracking down the right ones at a reasonable price - best so far was around eighty dollars for a pair. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be stoked

Indiana_Jones
24th July 2007, 12:51
I paid $100 for one of them lol.

The stock ones are shite, try and get some screw in ones that go on the handle bar (though I cut my screen off to do that, so i donno if u can get ones that work without having to do that)

But I remember the spacing of the screws were trickey on the FXR to find ones that fitted, as opposed to 250s etc

-Indy

Nasty
24th July 2007, 14:49
I got rid of my fxr150 mirrors and installed blanking plates (Grub made them out of a piece of plastic) ... and then went with bar end mirrors which allowed me to see behind me .. which is part of their role in life :)

wildpudding
24th July 2007, 17:44
GSXR 250 mirrors will bolt straight on (apparently), and will be better as they are longer.

Try the wreckers!

little green FXR
24th July 2007, 19:49
awesome. I'll try getting some for GSXR. Thanks for the help. It's seeming a bit more difficult to get parts and maintanance for this thing than my civic. But it's definitely a lot more fun riding this, even though it doesn't have v-tec

Grub
24th July 2007, 20:13
But it's definitely a lot more fun riding this, even though it doesn't have v-tec

Hey we sold Nasty's FXR to someone in CHC (a 16yr old I believe - his dad bought it). You can't miss it, it's the one with the bar-end mirrors, they only cost $35 each and were perfect, especially when someone is learnign to ride and needs to see everything behind and to the sides.

little green FXR
26th July 2007, 16:28
had a look at the GSXR mirrors on one parked beside mine at uni today. Looks like the bolt spacing on them is about half a centimetre wider than on FXR. Sounded like such a nice, easy fix too. Pity

wildpudding
26th July 2007, 18:21
Tomorrow park next to the same bike, take to the mirrors with an adjustable spanner when the owners not looking, and see for sure if they will fit or not!

Stefan

bimotabob
31st July 2007, 21:56
Hi

I might have a pair in almost new condition, will check and take a picture
in case I have got the model wrong.

Cheers
BB

bimotabob
2nd August 2007, 19:13
Hi

Looking at these they actually look like Honda ones - maybe they share
a common stud pattern?
30mm spacing between studs.
I brought these new ages ago so they are in good order
proabably want around $50 for both if they suit.

Cheers
BB