PDA

View Full Version : GT250R tyre suggestions?

unrealone
25th July 2007, 21:02
Hey all,

First off; Front: 110/70/17 and Rear 150/70/17

Just after some suggestions for some really good tyres for my GT250R. I do a lot of casual riding as well as a good trip over the hill as often as possible.

Unfortunately my local bike shop haven't been any help in helping me choose (Disappointing) ~_~.

Anyhow, I've been keen on some Pirelli's. Have had a good look on their website and it looks as though the best fit are the Sport Demons? Anyone had any experience with them?

I've also been introduced to Conti Sport Attacks too.

Cheers

dnos
26th July 2007, 09:48
I've got some sport demon's on my bike, and am fairly impressed with them.
I cant compare them to the super sticky tyres as I have never had some on my bike but the Pirellis seem to handle very well in both the dry and wet.
They are also a great price.

Wheeliemonsta
26th July 2007, 12:38
Gidday Unrealone,
The 650's are now fitted from factory with Pirelli Diablo - Strada's, which IMHO I think are more than up to the task

You simply don't need the level of adhesion anything softer than these will offer on a 250...

The other advantage is the cost...

Cheers

:Punk:

WarlockNZ
26th July 2007, 13:10
I run Michelin Pilot Activ's on mine ... great set of rubber.

unrealone
26th July 2007, 18:05
Gidday Unrealone,
The 650's are now fitted from factory with Pirelli Diablo - Strada's, which IMHO I think are more than up to the task

You simply don't need the level of adhesion anything softer than these will offer on a 250...

The other advantage is the cost...

Cheers

:Punk:

So you think the Sport Demons would be a good bet? (Don't worry I won't hold you accountable ;))

And yea, these demons are a good price too.

WarlockNZ, had a quick look around and I see the Activ's are quite nicely priced too. Although, I think I am more inclined to go with the Sport Demons at the moment.

white belt
26th July 2007, 20:44
I was advised to put on Bridgestones, Battleaxes. I am very pleased with them and really noticed the difference, though I did ride the rear original to its end, so that may account for such a change also.

I was shocked to be told that the GT250R go better on cross-ply tyres! I thought that they went out years ago, something to do with the chassis.

I put my faith in the trye dealer, Cycle Treads, and have never been happier with the decision. My brief to him was that I mainly commute, 200-250km per week with a 100km weekend "joy ride".

My confidence and trust in my bike has really gone up since the new tryes.

unrealone
31st July 2007, 15:52
Just ordered my Pirelli Sport Demon's, good price too. Better than Cycle Treads.

$172 Incl GST for Front (+$35 fitting)
$210 Incl GST for Rear (+$35 fitting)

Motorad are also doing a great job of getting them down by tomorrow and fitting them on Saturday for me.

riffer
31st July 2007, 20:15
Man, 250 tyres are cheap. You lucky buggers.

unrealone
31st July 2007, 21:20
:innocent:

McJim
31st July 2007, 21:24
Bridgestone BT45 front and rear.

Love 'em.

Used them on the VTR250 which isn't too different from the GT250R ('cept the metallurgical quality)

ynot slow
2nd August 2007, 20:00
Man, 250 tyres are cheap. You lucky buggers.

120/80-16 and 130/90-17 sport demons fitted in feb this year $350,makes the girl handle sooo much better than the el cheapo on prior,good choice for 250.:scooter:

Zapf
2nd August 2007, 20:25
Sports Demons are really good for smaller bikes, I have had them and no complains.

unrealone
3rd August 2007, 23:17
Well, they get fitted tomorrow. So will soon see ;)

Buddha#81
6th August 2007, 07:16
I ran Sport demons on my post classic bike and the were well price lasted well and seemed to perform well in the heat of battle......Good choice.

Give us a product review after they have been on awhile.

unrealone
6th August 2007, 10:26
Will do. Took advantage of the rare good weather we had yesterday and took her out for a bit of a ride. They performed very well. A massive improvement from the crap shinkos that come stock on this bike.

Zapf
6th August 2007, 22:12
Will do. Took advantage of the rare good weather we had yesterday and took her out for a bit of a ride. They performed very well. A massive improvement from the crap shinkos that come stock on this bike.

Good to hear.. they will be once of the best upgrade you can do to that bike.

Amone many other things :)