PDA

View Full Version : The long way around or the short way across?

Terminated
25th July 2007, 22:52
I was down at the Hutt River taking some pictures of the VStrom. Somewhat reminded me of the Long Way Round when Ian and Charlie had to cross some rivers. So here are eight pictures in my gallery "VStrom at the Hutt River":

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=554

I have put on the first 8000km in less than four months on the VStrom, and none in the river in case you were wondering. I could be moving on to another bike next month but haven't quite made up my mind which bike. I will advertise in the Trade section of the forum as and when I decide.

Heads Up and Enjoy:yes::scooter::yes::scooter::yes::scooter:

nadroj
26th July 2007, 07:17
Ya went the wrong way!

merv
26th July 2007, 08:47
So you not happy with the V-Strom or is it not working for your back?

sAsLEX
26th July 2007, 09:02
Ya went the wrong way!

repost

Just had to do it.

Terminated
26th July 2007, 09:10
So you not happy with the V-Strom or is it not working for your back?

I am getting plenty of kilometres up on the VStrom [8000km since 29 March this year] and it is a perfect bike ergonomically for me without a doubt. Thing is I am not getting 'the right use' of the bike, I have only done four, one day rides, over 300km, and this bike is deserving of those longer touring runs. Though that is my longer term objective to, for example, tour the Sth Island, currently that is not going to occur for a while. So, I am eyeballing two particular road bikes and so far the ergonomic design of each bike is reasonable. Bottom line is I will be seeking the more enjoyable 100 to 150km blat for coffee if and when I purchase my next bike.

The VStrom as I said is perfect, anyone that may be interested in enquiring further about this bike, by all means PM me.

Heads Up and Enjoy

skelstar
26th July 2007, 09:14
Care to expand with model names/numbers? :yes:

Terminated
26th July 2007, 09:40
Care to expand with model names/numbers? :yes:

Gidday Skelstar
I know yours is on the market and is a fine looking bike with the Beull lights, but I am looking at buying new, model names/numbers still on the quiet for the moment.

skelstar
26th July 2007, 09:46
Gidday Skelstar
I know yours is on the market and is a fine looking bike with the Beull lights, but I am looking at buying new, model names/numbers still on the quiet for the moment.
Genuinely interested, wasn't fishing for a sale.

Terminated
26th July 2007, 09:58
Genuinely interested, wasn't fishing for a sale.

Thanks Skelstar, PM sent.

skelstar
26th July 2007, 10:01
Thanks Skelstar, PM sent.
Ah sorry, I meant interested in what you were buying next :) ...not in the V-Strom.

Terminated
26th July 2007, 10:04
Ah sorry, I meant interested in what you were buying next :) ...not in the V-Strom.

No sweat, a case of "watch this space".

Drum
26th July 2007, 10:12
You're getting a Gixxer aren't you BB#1!!!?? :shit:

Nice pics of the V-strom. What does 'chec' on the LCD display mean? Did you miss a payment?

Terminated
26th July 2007, 10:26
You're getting a Gixxer aren't you BB#1!!!?? :shit:

Yeah Right.

Nice pics of the V-strom. What does 'chec' on the LCD display mean? Did you miss a payment?

'Chec' safety display eg. kill switch off, or in gear etc.
Payment.....read 'freehold'

Heads Up and Enjoy:yes::scooter::yes::scooter::yes::scooter:

ZeroIndex
18th August 2007, 08:24
Ya went the wrong way!

Here's the real wrong way round...

Seriously people, check this video, this guy is absolutely mad...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjBrpN9nmZQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjBrpN9nmZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thunder 8
18th August 2007, 13:21
What a bloody awesome trip that must have been.
Cant wait for Ewan and Charlies new trip the long way down to come out on dvd.