PDA

View Full Version : RF400 paint job...is this to much?

kneescraper
26th July 2007, 13:31
I just got back for getting a quote for the repainting of my RF400. Tank, side fairings front and back is $1094.06. Thats with me dropping the fairings in, them doing all the prep work and painting.

They are the best in town and there results are near factory perfect. Is this an ok price? Other places are much the same with their quotes but I have no idea what is a fair price and what isnt. Any help?

imdying
26th July 2007, 13:44
Quality costs. As far as an entire bike goes, and if you're getting an A+ job, then that's not too bad. Get the mudguard done as well though, you might as well have everything matching as far as colour and quality of finish goes. Which of course begs the question, do you like the factory colour?

/edit: Oh, and being a Suzuki, you want a hell of a lot better than 'factory perfect' :rofl: Having a decent thickness to the paint would be an increase in quality itself.

yod
26th July 2007, 14:01
pm Crazefox - i've heard good things about his work and he wont charge you $1k

montsta56
26th July 2007, 14:51
Wow
Mate that sound's very expensive to me, I not long ago had my old Ninja done an that only cost $500 Including getting replacement decals made???

imdying
26th July 2007, 14:59
Wow
Mate that sound's very expensive to me, I not long ago had my old Ninja done an that only cost $500 Including getting replacement decals made???I've seen heaps of paint jobs that the owners are entirely happy with, but have things like sanding marks that a lot of people don't/won't notice.

MSTRS
26th July 2007, 15:01
I've seen heaps of paint jobs that the owners are entirely happy with, but have things like sanding marks that a lot of people don't/won't notice.

No excuse for them, but even a top painter will get 'orange peel' sometimes, for example

imdying
26th July 2007, 15:06
Which they can take out... on a $500 job, you expect some compromises, on a $1000 job, less so... on a $2000 job, it better be tight.

Sanding marks however are another story. Their existence is laziness.

kneescraper
26th July 2007, 16:11
Ok that clears up alot for me, makes perfect sense to me. I wasnt to sure of the price thats all. I want it to be perfect because the of the factory paint being such a awesome colour.

imdying
26th July 2007, 16:15
You'll never get a perfect job, you just have to balance quality against the cost.

crazefox
27th July 2007, 20:44
mate i will do it for 800 including your mud gaurd

James Deuce
27th July 2007, 21:15
mate i will do it for 800 including your mud gaurd

He's a legend too - I'd take him up on it. It will be better than a $2000 job.