PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Rider scoops new Triumph model!

jrandom
27th September 2004, 19:07
Forget about your tired old Rocket III news stories, boyos.

This month, our very own Kiwi Rider magazine has the EXCLUSIVE, WORLD-BEATING scoop on... wait for it...

An all-new Triumph, the Rocket One Hundred and Eleven!

Check it out before they fly off the shelves!

jrandom
27th September 2004, 19:10
And any Tolkien fans suggesting that Triumph intended for it to be referred to as the 'Rocket Eleventy-One' will be summarily beaten over the head with a dead chicken.

Milky
27th September 2004, 21:10
heh... no wonder jRANDOM has 2162 posts to his name. A fitting name it is too....

TwoSeven
27th September 2004, 21:12
nadgers - and here I was thinking they had score an exclusive on the triumph wonder bra. :msn-wink:

White trash
27th September 2004, 21:14
Forget about your tired old Rocket III news stories, boyos.

This month, our very own Kiwi Rider magazine has the EXCLUSIVE, WORLD-BEATING scoop on... wait for it...

An all-new Triumph, the Rocket One Hundred and Eleven!

Check it out before they fly off the shelves!

:killingme Fuckin' cabbages.

That's not all they scooped, Nash has already totalled one. Seems they dont go 'round corners quite as well as the SV huh, Nash?

Bonez
27th September 2004, 21:55

That's not all they scooped, Nash has already totalled one. Seems they dont go 'round corners quite as well as the SV huh, Nash?
Maybe it should have a warning sticker on the "tank"-Drag Strips Only! :scooter:

Cajun
28th September 2004, 11:11

hahahah idiots

Motu
28th September 2004, 14:12
Bet they were scared to let Vege and Stretch near it,it'd end up with knobs in Woodhill and Stretch doing sideways action for the camera.

Yokai
28th September 2004, 17:11
And any Tolkien fans suggesting that Triumph intended for it to be referred to as the 'Rocket Eleventy-One' will be summarily beaten over the head with a dead chicken.

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

One wonders if Triumph have really thought this through - I thought we'd done away with the whole John Wayne walk at the end of the 60s....

Yo

mangell6
28th September 2004, 19:20
Check out the letters, another famous KBr

Jackrat
28th September 2004, 20:09
Ahhhh,so it was true after all,
Oh dear :o :shutup:

Bob
29th October 2004, 22:13
Aw fer cryin' out loud!

It would have taken all of, oh, two seconds work to realise ALL Triumph names (with the exception of the TT600 - and that flopped) are taken from models from the company's original existance.

Of course, the original Rocket III was a BSA, but it all ended up as Triumph.

(I've got some photos of one at home - it is still being used to haul a sidecar!)

This is almost as bad as why the film "The Madness of King George" didn't have his number in the title. It should have been "The Madness of King George III", but they were worried the Merkins would think they'd missed the first two and not go to see it!

And I am NOT making this up!

hondav2
2nd November 2004, 18:16
I was waiting for Nash's road test report on the rocket3 but it never mde a mention, maybe next month.

scumdog
4th November 2004, 17:31

Yeah-yeah, we all KNOW it's a Rocket one-one-one so you can remember what number to call when its crashed/shat itself and you need a taxi :rolleyes: :Pokey: :bleh:

Hitcher
4th November 2004, 17:48
And then there are the reporters/proof-readers/publishers who don't know the difference between Roman numerals and ordinary numbers, leading to such schoolboy howlers as the Triumph 111 and World War 11 (I don't seem to recollect World Wars 3 through 11 for some reason...).

Also KiwiRider magazine desperately needs a sub-editor. The photo captions in the latest issue's story about the FJR1300 are real cringe material. Obviously nobody read this before it was printed.

For a small fee (with maybe the odd test ride thrown it) the Hitcher household would gladly assist the publishers. Prompt turnaround and a keen eye for detail guaranteed...

Storm
4th November 2004, 18:03
Give that man there the job ! :not:

But if you were doing that, when would you find time to post on here?

Hitcher
4th November 2004, 21:57
But if you were doing that, when would you find time to post on here?
Time is merely an abstraction. It is non-linear. "Feel the force, Luke."

Big Dave
11th January 2005, 23:40
For a small fee (with maybe the odd test ride thrown it) the Hitcher household would gladly assist the publishers. Prompt turnaround and a keen eye for detail guaranteed...

Awww, we've been doing better lately, but yes McKay is aware and 'plans are afoot'. FWIW it's having a 'workover' in the next few editions.
The ed would probably like to be aware of your offer:
editor@kiwirider.co.nz

dd
(big dave)

Biff
9th February 2005, 13:30
Give Hitcher the job - or all KB'ers will boycott the mag. Oh and a free subscription wouldn't go a miss. :yeah:

Blakamin
9th February 2005, 13:38
I boycott it already... too much "dirt bike" for me...
and BMWs... what is with that???
(I now know why triumphs feature all the time too, Big Dave...)

Hitcher
9th February 2005, 15:29
Oh and a free subscription wouldn't go a miss.
Depends if it went amiss first...

Big Dave
9th February 2005, 16:33
(I now know why triumphs feature all the time too, Big Dave...)

And the fact that Triumph make the bikes readily available. FWIW I have done Honda, Ducati and Suzuki articles too.

Apparently the new Daytona 650 was assembled yesterday so I'll be out for a blat on that shortly too.

You'll read it here first.
chz
bd

Biff
10th February 2005, 09:28
Depends if it went amiss first...

I've been dying for an excuse to use this smilie....