PDA

View Full Version : KB Knighthood

Sniper
28th July 2007, 14:25
Ive been bored. Im stuck at work on a Sat 16 hours before Im due to fly to Australia and I have nothing to do. So just out of complete boredom (and the fact my portable soldering iron has "covieniently" gone walkabout since I soldered all of the bosses pens together) I propose a bit of an amusing excersise.

Some may call it an appriciating thread, other can call it a waste of time. Either way, some are going to have fun and to the others, in the words of Sarg Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz), "Bug off, *raspberry noise*"

If you had the oppertunity to Knight but one person of this website, who would it be? Now, do not go delving in too deep into the values and reasons of Knighthood (http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/history/middleages/knighthood.html), just post up who and why (your own reasons).

Mine...... Hitcher for the strong and tedious work of heading up the BDOTGNZA and (I can have 2, I created the thread, na na nana na) MDu for just being a fucken legend. He knows exactly why.

Trudes
28th July 2007, 14:38
Uncle B.
Without a doubt.
Not only an awesome mate to those who knew him, but also a wise contributer of help and knowledge to those who didn't, but also a kind, patient and generous mentor who always taught us to ride safely and encouraged us to push past what we thought was our limits to find new ones and become a better rider. A great man who personally always kept me in fits of laughter. Miss ya big guy.:scooter:

xwhatsit
28th July 2007, 15:13
Frosty, for being such an unselfish, generous bloke. He always seems to be there when somebody's in a spot of bother.

Mystery
28th July 2007, 15:45
Sir Oldrider

Ive never met John but I admire his knowledgeable, wise, friendly and funny views on life, politics and all things KB!

To top it all off, in his late 60's, he is still :scooter: doing what he loves!
He's a Legend :2thumbsup!

Jantar
28th July 2007, 15:57
Spank, The creator. Without whom we would not have this site.

Maha
28th July 2007, 16:04
Me!...Sir Maha sounds about right...well sounds a bit Indian really but i like it...:yes:

Skunk
28th July 2007, 16:16
SpankMe. Without whom I would not be bucket racing, riding with others, learning from others, etc. I'd never have met those that have influenced me these past five (really?) years.

Joni
28th July 2007, 16:22
wari :love: Done a lot for me personally, and for this site...

Morcs
28th July 2007, 16:52
Depends if its for an online or offline character...

I prefer to base things on offline events and stuff...

Macktheknife gets my vote. With noel, big dog, frosty, disco, karma and skidmark getting honoury mentions :D

Deano
28th July 2007, 16:57
Uncle B.
Without a doubt.

I'll second that.

Uncle B had many of the necessary attributes.

kro
28th July 2007, 17:18
Although I am not aquainted with this person, I only ever seem to read good shit about him, and thats Sensei. He seems to give freely of his time and talent, and has made a lot of people happy.

I'm going to nominate him.

Black Bandit
28th July 2007, 17:19
Macktheknife gets my vote.

Seconded. Always has a cheery face and a wit to relieve the tensions of the week. Good, wise and ready to assist younger riders.

tri boy
28th July 2007, 19:36
Tom.........if the knight is like Black Adder:dodge:

Drew
28th July 2007, 23:07
ME!!! I'm well above all you pesants!!!

But seriously, you really must have been bored!

Terminated
28th July 2007, 23:40
I'll second that.

Uncle B had many of the necessary attributes.

Carried.

Uncle B had all the attributes.

There will never be a day or knight when I am riding when his wise counsel is not there for me to recall and never forget.

Thanks my friend.

oldrider
29th July 2007, 00:16
Sir Skyryder, for being the first real life KB'r that I ever met.

He encouraged me to stay until I realised what a fantastic group of bikers KBr's really are.

Arise Sir Skyryder, :spanking: I dub thee knight of Sir Helen's garter! :first: Thank you. Cheers John.

Disco Dan
29th July 2007, 04:27
Mack the Knife.

Always there when your in a pickle, full of sound and wise advice and just a generally all round top bloke.

DEATH_INC.
29th July 2007, 07:39
I like the sound of 'Sir White Trash' it has a kinda ring to it don't ya think? :dodge:
Otherwise Frosty gets my vote, closely followed by Spank.

Str8 Jacket
29th July 2007, 08:30
Uncle B gets my vote too. He was a legend when he was alive and he'll always continue to be remembered as one.

Kendog
29th July 2007, 09:03
Uncle B for me as well.

Sir Uncle B

Nothing was a problem, would give up his own ride to help get others broken down bikes home, willingly gave his time to mentor, generally just a great all round bloke.

Matt Bleck
29th July 2007, 10:59
For me it's Loose Bruce.

Always more than happy to help, give away pizza and be a bloody good bugga. :yes:

babyblade250rr
29th July 2007, 11:13
I would knight Sir Gijoe1313, For his fantastic spanner nights that help bikers stay on the road, And bringing fellow bikers together for meets and greets.:rockon:

babyblade250rr
29th July 2007, 11:15
I would knight Sir Gijoe1313, For his fantastic spanner nights that help bikers stay on the road, And bringing fellow bikers together for meets and greets.:rockon:

P.S and as i'm sure Donor would agree "Keeping our tummies full"

Swoop
29th July 2007, 21:39
Bloody KB popularity contests...! (p/t)

The one person who would NOT get a knighthood would have to be SARGE.
Placing a long, sharpened blade anywhere near his neck would be an unwise move and would open an XL sized can of WHOOPASS!!!:bye:

gijoe1313
29th July 2007, 22:15
I'm staying far away from any such thing or recognition as a knighthood... would rather be a bandit in the forest practicing me archery on the king's deer eh!

I'm reminded of Mao's old saying...

"The nail that sticks up gets hammered down..." Oh, wait... that's Donor's thing!

I hereby nominate Pikachu for a knighthood, 'cause we know the power won't go to his head and he can catch 'em all! :msn-wink:

Grahameeboy
29th July 2007, 22:24
I think there are lots of heroes, whatever, you want to call them who all have their own unique qualities that it is hard to just say who is the best.

Some do their thing quietly and in a less obvious way.

This is why KB is such a great place to belong......no one star player, just a constelation of stars.

:rockon:

SARGE
29th July 2007, 22:49
Bloody KB popularity contests...! (p/t)

The one person who would NOT get a knighthood would have to be SARGE.
Placing a long, sharpened blade anywhere near his neck would be an unwise move and would open an XL sized can of WHOOPASS!!!:bye:

cmon ... im a big teddy bear
:whistle:

boomer
29th July 2007, 22:57
cmon ... im a big teddy bear
:whistle:

that ugly mug has 2 eyes.... :dodge:

boomer
29th July 2007, 23:01
Spank, The creator. Without whom we would not have this site.

wari :love: Done a lot for me personally, and for this site...

Quite ironic really... :shutup:

For me it's Loose Bruce.

Always more than happy to help, give away pizza and be a bloody good bugga. :yes:

Did you use to get yours for free...??? i'll have words with the tight arse when i get there!

yeah Bruce & Frosty always never too busy to help out! :Punk: