PDA

View Full Version : Helmet hair?

Stella
28th July 2007, 19:36
Ok, this isn't the thread you are expecting!

Anyone else find they have BETTER hair after it has been in your helmet for a while?? :)

My hair rocks! It looked tired and BLAH this morning, then did about 50km over several errands this afternoon and now it looks great!

I have a very short, shaped bob, between ear-lobe and jaw length, and quite thick. Somehow the helmet turns it under nicely without making it totally flat and weird on top. :Punk:

Yeah I know, girly girly girly..... ;)

Meekey_Mouse
28th July 2007, 19:44
Haha, wow! First time I've ever heard of that happening :shit: awesome!!! :Punk:

fireliv
28th July 2007, 19:46
I kinda find that to. I have such think hair that it flattens it a bit and makes it look a bit more normal

LilSel
28th July 2007, 19:56
My helmet flattens my mohawk hehe... but a quick tug n its up again :D

MotoGirl
28th July 2007, 20:26
I just always have great hair :rofl:

Disco Dan
28th July 2007, 20:29
I can get away without brushing my hair... stick my helmet on soon after jumping out of the shower and its just right by the time I get to work... :yes: :innocent:

*such a girl* :Punk::Punk::Punk:

MotoGirl
28th July 2007, 20:35
I can get away without brushing my hair... stick my helmet on soon after jumping out of the shower and its just right by the time I get to work... :yes: :innocent:

*such a girl* :Punk::Punk::Punk:

haha that's exactly what I do! The one day I drive to work, I get hassled because I didn't wind-dry my hair. Strange, strange people around!

Edbear
28th July 2007, 20:36
Mmmmmm! Have to check my thread, "Doncha Jus' Hate That". Helmet hair not my best look...:bye:

oldrider
28th July 2007, 21:12
Just hate it when my hair (piece) comes off with my helmet! :o John.

thehollowmen
29th July 2007, 00:07
One girl I used to give rides to used to look absolutely stunning with helmet hair.
It gave her dark long windswept hair a dreamy look. :love:

_Shrek_
29th July 2007, 00:55

Anyone else find they have BETTER hair after it has been in your helmet for a while?? :)

My hair rocks! It looked tired and BLAH this morning, then did about 50km over several errands this afternoon and now it looks great!

I have a very short, shaped bob, between ear-lobe and jaw length, and quite thick. Somehow the helmet turns it under nicely without making it totally flat and weird on top. :Punk:

no not at all i dont have any hair :rofl:

Panther
29th July 2007, 00:58

Yes, totally.

I have about the same length as you described, and it flattens out, GBH couldn't have done any better!!!!:love::love:

phaedrus
29th July 2007, 02:17
Just hate it when my hair (piece) comes off with my helmet! :o John.

I know what you mean, I hate it when my hair decides to stay attached to my helmet. :shutup:

Riff Raff
29th July 2007, 08:16
I've found its good for straightening my hair.

Nasty
29th July 2007, 08:49
Only works if I am having a can't be bothered hair day .. but then again ... thats everyday .. I don't even brush my hair normally ... :yes:

Edbear
29th July 2007, 08:56
.. I don't even brush my hair normally ... :yes:

So you brush it abnormally, then...?:dodge:

Nasty
29th July 2007, 08:57
So you brush it abnormally, then...?:dodge:

Al lthe time luv :innocent:

Krusti
29th July 2007, 09:43
When you have gollywog mop like mine, anything is an improvement! :yes:

banditrider
29th July 2007, 16:03
Is this what everyone's talking about?

BuFfY
29th July 2007, 17:01
Oh god no, I don't have that at all!! I have to plait it so that it doesn't end up as a mangled mess.
The one time I had straightened my hair it actually stayed in place and looked nice, but every other time it looks horrible and frizzy!! Hence the plait!

Hanne
30th July 2007, 21:55
My helmet used to do awesome things for my hair when it was shorter!
I never needed hair gel or anything, I got the sweepy spiky thing every morning :P

Not so good now that it had grown out a bit though :shutup:
(right betwwen the short and spiky and long and flickable stages at the moment :dodge:)

blu
31st July 2007, 04:37
ive seen your custom seats beautiful work and nice to sit on on long rides

Draco
6th August 2007, 23:08

Enjoy it! I have the opposite of you, thin, fine hair. I start the day lookin hot only to find after wearing my helmet for ohh say... a nano second I look like my cat after he's fallin in the pool :weep:

sweetp
8th August 2007, 19:35
I have curly hair (which I love) but the helmet flattens it something wicked. Given up bothering about it now but do shower at work verus home so it is its normal self at work.

What I do want to ask is has anyone else been hassled about wearing a scarf / buff under your helmet. I do it to keep the hair out of my face but got a comment from the hubby about "when did you become a harley chick" (I am a sports biker by the way, and nothing against harley chicks).

Did anyone else get any grief?

Mrs Busa Pete
8th August 2007, 19:39

Where's the photos?

Aero165
9th August 2007, 10:06
I find it depends on how long I wear my helmet for. I have curly hair thats just above my shoulders and if I wear it for a long time it gets all straight and yuck but if I wear it for about 20 min it turns out quite nice :D

slinky
9th August 2007, 10:23

Being a guy i shouldn't write in here - but its not my fault there is a mirror in our elevator at work - ON BOTH SIDES!! [which is where i am when i take my helmet off] :p
but yeh - it 'tames' it - i got long curly hair.........not long long, but long for a guy long. - gradually getting passed the mop stage

GOGAL
9th August 2007, 11:02
I have fine hair and not much of it, so I have it cut short and spike it up so that it does not look too bad when I take my helmet off. That is the theory, but as you can see by this photo, it does not always work!! It looks like I came straight from "Something About Mary"!!!

ManDownUnder
9th August 2007, 12:58
I have fine hair and not much of it, so I have it cut short and spike it up so that it does not look too bad when I take my helmet off. That is the theory, but as you can see by this photo, it does not always work!! It looks like I came straight from "Something About Mary"!!!

LOL no comment your honour but be on the lookout for donor volunteers - this is KB ya know!

GOGAL
9th August 2007, 14:24
Yeah, well I guess I cant blame you for wondering what it is that I use to "spike it up" !! seemed to work well that day anyway.

sarahtvet
10th August 2007, 21:20
Enjoy it! I have the opposite of you, thin, fine hair. I start the day lookin hot only to find after wearing my helmet for ohh say... a nano second I look like my cat after he's fallin in the pool :weep:

Me too, maybe I should go for the short bob but not really my thing.
Means I can stay in bed longer, throw the helmet on and not spend hours infront of the mirror before work, either way looks the same!!!:yes:

Keystone19
10th August 2007, 21:29
I have curly hair (which I love) but the helmet flattens it something wicked. Given up bothering about it now but do shower at work verus home so it is its normal self at work.

What I do want to ask is has anyone else been hassled about wearing a scarf / buff under your helmet. I do it to keep the hair out of my face but got a comment from the hubby about "when did you become a harley chick" (I am a sports biker by the way, and nothing against harley chicks).

Did anyone else get any grief?

I wear a buff everyday - not so much for the hair but to keep the makeup off the inside of my helmet.

People call me a ninja rather than a harley chick though...

I also ride a sports bike or two too...

Sometimes a helmet makes my hair look ok, sometimes it doesn't...depends on the style at the time I think. I'm not sure at the moment 'cause I've not been doing a lot of riding (but that's about to change...!!).

surfchick
11th August 2007, 20:47
when i had long hair the helmet made it infinitely worse- a huge bungled knot at the back that threatened to become a dread. yuk. now i have punk-asse shorter hair it makes it better by killing bed-bouf or that super-shower-tidy that can hapen. i tend to think one should have memorable hair at the very least. motorcycles practically guarantee it :Punk: