PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Thailand

kevfromcoro
29th July 2007, 14:01
BKK..place never changes.cars.trucks and people..landed here at midnight.spent 1 night here.next day got picked up by a friend on a honda 125.away we go.taking me to the airport to fly up to Chang mai.jeez..SHOCK.ring a bike through BKK is not for the light hearted..we wernt going that fast..its just everthing is soooo close.big dangerous things..stone walls.cattle trucks..buses..its a bit like riding a bike 100ks an hour around the back lawn..got to chang mai..and met up with an aussie guy.rented a honda 150..and off for a ride.roads were good.and the scenery was something to look at.the bike was $6 a day.that was a 24 hr. period.next day 2 more aussies turned up.we decided to go for a ride.went down to Tonys bike shop.4 of us on a honda 250..had a sidecar.and of course the 2 dogs had to come too..Tony was a nice chap..pomme.been here 23 yrs.well we must of ridden every bike he had.i settled for a Honda Bros..450 v twin.very well behaved bike.we were doing a loop of about 120ks.the traffic lites here have a digital screen.about 1 mtr square.counts down to when the green lite comes..good idea.dont have to sit and wait with the clutch in..the ride was great.bit tight in places.and high up..stopped for lunch a small village.good feed and drink $1.50.then it pissed down ..we all got drowned.lucky it was hot.and we dryed out quickly.took some good pics.next day everyone was doing a 4 day ride.1400 ks.i opted out of this one.got a bit nervious about the hights with imense drops.comes with old age.decided to head down to Pattaya.do some riding down there.14 hrs on the train.will continue story latter ..dam air cond is freezing.when things go a wrong in a foreign country..bit of a worry....KEV

mbazza
1st August 2007, 21:06
Interesting write up. Any more? Cheers.:yes:

kevfromcoro
2nd August 2007, 22:07
dont kow why the thais do that outside is a nice mid 30s.and the internet cafes are sub zero..also a trip in a car or public transport can make u shiver after about 3 hrs.just a little more about riding in thailand.when stop at the traffic lights never sit on the left lane.they turn left on a red..if u are in the way they will try to get around u or over top..another thing.we were sitting having lunch and aussie john said keep far away from the dogs.more tourists die on motorbikes from dogs than any other thing.i can c why.dam things are a nuicence.have just love chasing motorbikes.most are strays.and rabies is quite bad here.a nip from one a dog can end up in hospital..for days.back to the storie.left cahang mai..the train trip was 14 hrs.got to the station booked my bags in/ and went and had a beer.found the best way to travell here is to drink a few bottles and go to sleep.can drink on public tansport but cant smoke.on the train u can seak out between the carriages and have a smoke.wasnt a bd journey down..a man woke me up and said sir get out here.off i get..i can speak thai..but cant read it,,but i knew enough to know this was not BKK.GOT BACK ON THE TRAIN IN THE NICK OF TIME.ok finally got there.jumped out.but couldnt find my new crash helmet.different carriage.ok went to ost property ,,no luck.some oppurtunist run off with it.ok will pick up my bags..sorry sir your bags are in chang mai.have to wait 24 hrs.so here is me standing in the middle of bkk in a pair of jeans and a shirt.lucky i had a cell phone,rang a friend and caught a tuk tuk to her house,well the driver was one loose goose.lifting the back wheels on the corners.pleased to get out of the darn thing.will contnue later..bit crook..dam fresh oysters.i think

gijoe1313
2nd August 2007, 23:06
frikk'n good value this thread! Good on ya with the travelogue and sounds like a mayhem fun-filled fiesta of freedom!

Keep up the good work that man!

kevfromcoro
2nd August 2007, 23:15
it only gets worse.but lots of fun..will do more when my tummy setles

deanohit
2nd August 2007, 23:25
Heya kev, sounds like your havin a bloody good time over there. keep us updated mate.

kevfromcoro
3rd August 2007, 16:21
accualy the friends house is the exs sister.treats me ok.later that day the brother in law turns up..bobby.he was going to chantaburi next day..sort of the dirrection i was going..about 200ks of course.but i had a lot of time.bobby took me down to train station in the morning and got my bags ..thank god..no sign of the helmet..away we went about a 3 hr journey bob was good a real gentle person.would stop every 50ks to let me have a smoke and warm my toes up..dam air cond.stayed in chanta buri that night..went out on the piss..good bar.with live music.next day met up with a thai couple who had been working in NZ.unfortunatilly they had overstayed ther visas by about 15 yrs.about a year ago they got picked up by nz immigration..got a free ride home.with a 5 yr ban.they were earning good money in nz.working as plasters.even payed tax and had a car on hire purchase.dont know how they did that.when they were overstayers.anyway they were going to pattaya that day.grabbed my bags and away we went..arrived at pattaya about noon..with the blue toes again.pattaya city..las vegas with twin turbos.found a hotel..and booked in..the manager an older lady sat me down and told me the rules...all valuables are to be keept in the sercurity locker.....dont go taking girls from the beach.most are from burma and cambodia.no ID.can cause all sorts of problems....stay away from the ladyboys.they are bad asses.they quite often carry knives. or drugs...lock your room with the chain lock.some of the bar girls have copys and can get into your room....if u bring a girl to the room.she must have ID.it will be taken off her at the front desk,and she can pick it up when she leaves..all sounds pretty straight forward to me.lets go and have some fun..the room was a bit basic.had a tv.but no hot water.i was in a place called walking street.bars and more bars.gogo bars.girls galore..big screen with high tec sound systems.walking st. doesnt come alive until about midnight.most of the girls who work here arent from pattaya..they are from all over thailand.farmers.rice workers.all sorts.they just come here for a few months to make some money for there family.because there are so many women.they have to stay in the bar.24..7.sometimes without a customer for days.they get bored stiff.once they reliase u dont want to cart them off.they quite happy to play cards or snooker.spent many an hour playing snooker with them.lots of fun.and they dont try and frisk u for money.mayebe a glass of coke.the lady boys are a different story.i have been around thais for 10 yrs.and i still cant tell the differene.they are right sexy.probably look a bit to sexy.tits and all.the one thing i did find is that if u ask them..they will tell u..are u lady or man?..iam man they say..give them a quick compliment about how they look and get the fuck out of it.went down and checked out the bike rentals.cbr1000..or 650..cbr650??doesnt sound right..$40 a day.24 hrs.smaller chopper style arond 400cc.is about$20 a day.a 150 or 125 is $6 a day the only thing that put me off there was no insurance..if u had an off.could be charched for the bike repair as well as the time its was off the road.bit of a risk.found some really good german restuarants..could get wiener snitzel..beef stroganoff.all tasty.got a bit sick of thai food..more on pattaya coming up.

007XX
4th August 2007, 14:14
Wicked stuff mate...:Punk:

But yeah, good advice staying away from the ladie boys!!:shit::laugh:

xwhatsit
4th August 2007, 14:51
Hahaha what a place. I like civilisation, me, but like Bilbo Baggins a bit of an adventure now and then can be fun :)

rideNroot
4th August 2007, 15:11
pressing your enter key occasionally would make it a lot easier to read. No one can defeat the WALL OF TEXT.

kevfromcoro
4th August 2007, 16:01
pressing your enter key occasionally would make it a lot easier to read. No one can defeat the WALL OF TEXT.

ok
thanks for that..been trying to learn that one for ages
was pushing on the space bar,,hoping it would start a new sentance
finaly got it..
CHEERS KEV

kevfromcoro
4th August 2007, 16:50
Didnt do any bike riding in Pattaya,,mainly because of the no insurance.It has changed a lot since last time i was here.
There are many indians and muslem people here.in the back streets they sit and smoke big long pipes.
one thing i do couple of days is go for a thai massage.allways ask for it hard.strecthes bones and muscles didnt know i had, these girls are straight ,not working girls.if you have never had a thai massage,it is well worth the money..think can get one in NZ
There are lot of scamers here,people tying to sell.timeshare hotels.also people in the street trying to sell fake watchs,belts, bags.everthing.get a bit pissed off with it after a while
one thing i did do was donate a bit of money to the poor people,there was an old bloke.who had both legs blown off.someone would push him up and down the street in a wheelchair.i allways gave him my loose change.
also the older ladys selling flowers.there is no welfare system here at all.
if these people didnt do this ,they would starve.
its a harsh country allright,especially if you get sick and have no money.
went out one night and sitting in a bar .mick jagger was on the big screen.real blast of a sound,feeling pretty happy around 1am.decided to have a bit of company for the night.girl had the ID card no problems.woke up about 5am and went out side to take some photos.still a lot of action going on.flattened the battery in my camera.so went back to the room to charge it up.bottle of beer and back to sleep.
when i woke the girl had gone, also my camera.
went down to front desk.and they had her ID.Well i said go and get her and get my camera back.
sorry sir but she has gone.but u have her ID.
To late was the answer.all we an do is blacklist the girl from the hotel
Fat lot of good that did me.all my holiday photos were gone.
could of strangled the bitch.
after that incident ,all i wanted to do was get out of it,,sick of being hasled.went outside and got a motorbike taxi down to the bus station.
headed back to bkk.from there i was going down the other side to catch up with some more friends in a place called hua hin.its on the way to phuket.
got to BKK,No sooner got of the bus and some turkey grabbed my bag and chucked it on the back of his pickup,oi says me ..what are u doing.i take u everwhere.says the driver,idont want to go everwhere thanks ,i want to get on that bus over there and go to hua hin.he was quite persistant.and in the end i had to be rude to convince him i wasnt going with him.
quik piss..3 bottles of beer .for the journey.and on the bus.
3and a half hours to hua hin.
meeting up with ray who owns a bar there.hopefully i can rent a bike and go for a ride..more on hua hin coming up..

kevfromcoro
24th August 2007, 20:56
Now back in NZ. wish i was still in thailand
Its really a nice place.
Iam sitting having a few beers.just thought i would add to this story,,who ever wants to read it.
One thing about thailand,,is the sense of freedom,
Can drink 24 ,,7.smoke anywhere,
Its a bit like we were 30 yrs ago.
Got down to Hua Hin.stayed in a guest house on the water,
Met up with Ray,, who owned a bar.
Its funny the things you do,, i got up one night and sang on the mike,,Pink Floyd..and everyone clapped,
If u did this in NZ.u would be ridducled
.Anyway was dying for a ride.
So rented a honda choppa thing
About 400cc i think.
Rode up to a pace called Cha Am.bit of a borring ride,but when i got there ,it was a cruise,
Seafood galore.
Bought half kilo of oysters $3.50
Sat down ,,on the bike and ate the lot.
Well got the shits..big time.
Piss me off..was heading for Ko Samui to do a bit of sand riding
Had a think..no ,,go back to BKK,, and get home
I was crook,,shitting every 5 mins.
Still had a few days on my visa.
Went down to the internet cafe .and was trying to change my ticket to come back
Really wanted to go to Aussie on the way back.
Sitting in the cafe.and a nice lady spoke to me
where are u going.? BKK says me
Iam trying to cahange my ticket ..to go to aussie
ok i will do it for u....
Pulls a travel agents card out of pocket
So of we go...
I where a big gold chain
Worth A FORTUNE.
Anyway she wanted to put a bhudda on it for me
So we get to BKK.
2hrs in a tuk tuk
THE girl stops at food;and to get some beer and smokes
Iam outside..having a smoke.
well u guested the rest
She fucked off ,,with my chain.
so iam stuck in bkk.got the shits.and dont know where iam
survivle kicked in;
Dont drink.strapped my wallet with a chain to my body
got my passport and air tickets strapped to my left arm
Found a guest house
Was in a very bad area. Big paddlock on the door
Still had the shits
That was a hassle
Took me 13 hrs to get across BKK.
Went on a motorbike taxi..
Well wasnt on the bike for 13hrs
Just had to stop a few dunnys on the way
will add more soon.

kevfromcoro
28th November 2007, 15:10
Well thinking about it now...is was a lot of fun..except getting food poising...sort of makes you think,,, i lived in 3 weeks of fun ...more than i have done here in 3 yrs.
Thailand is a great place.....can go out get pissed.....nice company.and get home for a couple of dollars....NZ is a bit hard as far as that goes.
go down the local ,,and cant smoke...cant drink...too much..
Taxis are as dear as fuck......sort of stops us doing a lot.
Anyway..when i arrived back in BKK.. went to sisy in laws place..
There we a couple of girls there drinking ginger tea
I got one of those down me and it fixed up the tummy straight away..
Next day everyone went to work...haha got the place to myself
computer,,tv... beer...went out and a feed of japanese curry stuff
Well that did it
Back to the dunny again.....
Shit i was crook...just wanted to get home......
booked a flight and flew home...got a seat right next to the toilet
lucky me...
i would go back again.... just watch what i eat.......
as far as getting ripped off...well it happens...
take fuck all......and be prepared to lose it
lots of fun..........KEV

MrMelon
28th November 2007, 15:38
Thailand's great fun. Just watch out for the dodgy cops/ladyboys/tuk-tuk drivers and drink plenty of beer chang. 20 baht pad thai is great too!

JimO
28th November 2007, 15:40
i have a mate with a Thai wife (verry pretty she is too) but he gets the shits every time he goes over there, its something in the water, once its out of his system he is fine

kevfromcoro
28th November 2007, 17:26
Duno wat it is.. i think there healh standards are just not up to it it...
yeah the thai ladys are nice,,,,dont know about the boys though
got warned about them.....pretty fuckers
but still a cock in a frock..strange isnt it
we dont accaept that sort of thing here
well..you just wouldent

Black Bandit
28th November 2007, 19:20
Jeez this thread brings back memories! What a crazy, awesome, messed up, fantastic country! I didn't want to leave after two weeks of my touring in Thailand.

Really interesting place. :clap:

saltydog
28th November 2007, 19:34
sounds like the boys need to stay off all that curry and once a week have a dirty great feed of some internationally bland but normally the only thing guranteed non contimanted like macas. I've done a couple of trips there after living in Indo for 3 years and found the Thais to be quite slippery people, espicially in the tourist spots. Wicked fun though. The beaches, thai girls, drinking piss whenever and where-ever and at what-ever time you want, island hopping on these crazy boats, smoking stick and eating chocolate pancakes..... hell it was a heaven after feralling it about in Indonesian surf camps where a cold beer would be the same price as your stay for the week.... good fun, good times.

gijoe1313
29th November 2007, 08:51
:lol: Good read that! Thanks for sharing, I guess when I get around to that neck of the woods, your experiences will be in the back of my mind!

Hawk
2nd January 2008, 19:05
Yep great place.

When I worked in Singapore, you were able to take Singapore registered bikes as far as Bangkok before you had to re-register.

Some very good rides were had on my F2 (some very scary too).

One ride, 4 days to Penang Island, one day back. No revenue collectors around that day, thank god.

kevfromcoro
4th January 2008, 19:42
From what i have seen..its very hard to get a bike into Thailand..
200% duty tax..and the rest of the shit it just goes on and on..
Have looked at buying a bike over there ..but they are quite expensive.
also parts seem to be a bit of a problem..
e-mailed a guy in Thailand and he said...break the bike up ..and send it to different adresses..
that sounds ok ..if it all gets there..
think the best way is to go through Kula Lumpa..
Have been in a Thailand forum for some time..
There are many guys out there doing it....
Rides to Laos.Cambodia..Viet Nam. Malaysia,,,
Just getting the bike in..is a hassle..
i will do it soon.....
Cheap living.good food. BEER.
and there is the girls.....
Memorys.....
KEV

Hawk
4th January 2008, 21:06
long time ago
and the type of job exempted me from some govt' taxes

yachtie10
29th January 2008, 22:24
I have spent some time there and rode quite a bit
best part was riding xr250s up Bokor Mountain in Kampot Cambodia. Thought I did well (was like riding a river bed in places) until 2 french guys arrived at the top on old road bikes.
Love riding in Thailand and I will look at buying a bike next time I go.

kevfromcoro
30th January 2008, 03:43
Heading for Oz soon..Going to buy a good adventure bike and take it to asia.
Not to sure yet were to ship it to.
mayebe singapore or KL. spend as much time as i can riding over there.
Malaysia, Thailand,Cambodia.Laos, mayebe China
Looking for some company.
any takers??