PDA

View Full Version : canarlee goes on tour!

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:19
Well a mini tour of sorts!

I am planning on leaving Napier next Saturday morning (Saturday 4th August) and heading down to Wellington. Anyone want to meet up and maybe show me one or two of your roads? (or pubs)

I will stay there and leave Monday midday ish heading towards New Plymouth. I will be stopping briefly at Kakaramea (about half hour will do lol). Apparently I have to "do" Whangamomona? Anybody care to help me out there? I plan on stopping in New Plymouth for the Monday and Tuesday night.

On Wednesday I will be heading north to Te Kuiti or Otorohonga and spending one night there. Any good roads there that you people would like to share with me? There are some caves here too I believe?

Thursday I would like to head down the west side of Lake Taupo aiming towards Whakamaru, maybe spending a night there or carrying on to Tokaanu and stay there for two nights before heading back home. I can see a "loop" on the map that I would like to have a look at. Anyone in the area that knows the roads and could tell me which way to go?

Thats the plan at the moment. Any people on the route have any better ideas? Or know any better ways of doing this? Anyone like to let me crash on their floor or point me towards backpackers hostels?

Also any good eating/drinking/must see places on the way that people can recommend?

ta muchly

Maha
30th July 2007, 14:22
Mate you are going to so much fun ya Unemployed freeloader....:Punk:
Do i sound envious?.....:shutup:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:23
Mate you are going to so much fun ya Unemployed freeloader....:Punk:
Do i sound envious?.....:shutup:

come with me!

ManDownUnder
30th July 2007, 14:26
Ping Nadroj and have him show you the road to Wangamomona, the back way to Taumaranui...

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:28
i will pm him a link to the thread! cheers for the heads up mate!

MSTRS
30th July 2007, 14:37

I am planning on leaving Napier next Saturday morning (Saturday 4th August) and heading down to Wellington. Anyone want to meet up and maybe show me one or two of your roads? (or pubs)

I will stay there and leave Monday midday ish heading towards New Plymouth. I will be stopping briefly at Kakaramea (about half hour will do lol). Apparently I have to "do" Whangamomona? Anybody care to help me out there? I plan on stopping in New Plymouth for the Monday and Tuesday night.

On Wednesday I will be heading north to Te Kuiti or Otorohonga and spending one night there. Any good roads there that you people would like to share with me? There are some caves here too I believe?

Thursday I would like to head off to Kihikihi then aiming towards Whakamaru, maybe spending a night there or carrying down the west side of Lake Taupo on to Tokaanu and stay there for two nights before heading back home. I can see a "loop" on the map that I would like to have a look at. Anyone in the area that knows the roads and could tell me which way to go?

Thats the plan at the moment. Any people on the route have any better ideas? Or know any better ways of doing this? Anyone like to let me crash on their floor or point me towards backpackers hostels?

Also any good eating/drinking/must see places on the way that people can recommend?

ta muchly

I'm sure my map didn't belong to Disco or Cowboyz....Kinda 'fixed' it for ya

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:40
I'm sure my map didn't belong to Disco or Cowboyz....Kinda 'fixed' it for ya

you changing yer name to hitcher now or summit? :dodge:

and what have cowboyz and disco gotta do with it?

yours, confused

inlinefour
30th July 2007, 14:46

Thursday I would like to head down the west side of Lake Taupo aiming towards Whakamaru, maybe spending a night there or carrying on to Tokaanu and stay there for two nights before heading back home. I can see a "loop" on the map that I would like to have a look at. Anyone in the area that knows the roads and could tell me which way to go?

ta muchly

There is a fold out sofa/bed here if you want it while your in New Plymouth.

Steam
30th July 2007, 14:46
Are you taking a book of bad jokes with you to memorise?

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:48
There is a fold out sofa/bed here if you want it while your in New Plymouth.

a pm is on its way!

MSTRS
30th July 2007, 14:50
and what have cowboyz and disco gotta do with it?

Those two fine fellows have a well-deserved reputation for getting lost, having a complete inability to follow the simplest of instructions....:sunny:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 14:54
ahh you mean they are like me?

directionally challenged!

nowt wrong with that!

McJim
30th July 2007, 14:54
Well you've picked a fine time of year for it - better fit wet weather tyres. (better still get a jetski!) So what's your long term goal? To have stayed at least one night under the roof of every KBer? :rofl:

Seriously, have a good trip.

To all those willing to offer him accommodation - he will stop telling bad jokes if you ask him (in other words don't encourage this behavious unless you can handle it!) and Chez McJim still stands after he stayed here last month.

'eeez awlright!

MSTRS
30th July 2007, 15:06
Here's what we discussed Lee

canarlee
30th July 2007, 15:11
cheers for that MSTRS!

quite a good route we think aye!

Grahameeboy
30th July 2007, 15:12
Sorry need to get my head around this....you are on holiday and you are going on another holiday....

MSTRS
30th July 2007, 15:14
Sorry need to get my head around this....you are on holiday and you are going on another holiday....

Well....some people have 2 jobs. Why can't he have 2 holidays?

canarlee
30th July 2007, 15:17

yebbut its a kinda working holiday!

getting a decent muffler for the bandit, and looking at a hotel to take over!

anyway, why aint you at work?:dodge:

Grahameeboy
30th July 2007, 15:18
Well....some people have 2 jobs. Why can't he have 2 holidays?

Fair call Sir.........can't argue with that logic.

Grahameeboy
30th July 2007, 15:19
yebbut its a kinda working holiday!

getting a decent muffler for the bandit, and looking at a hotel to take over!

anyway, why aint you at work?:dodge:

I am at work.....................:dodge:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 15:20
I am at work.....................:dodge:

well remind me not to give you a job then aye! spending all yer "work" time on here! tsk tsk

Maha
30th July 2007, 15:21
Here's what we discussed Lee

Up here we have the Coro Loop...you should call that the Manaloop and have a wee song about it...(to the tune of ma na ma na ) The Manaloop de deeeee de de de, the manaloop de de de de!...:blip::wari:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 15:23
Up here we have the Coro Loop...you should call that the Manaloop and have a wee song about it...(to the tune of ma na ma na ) The Manaloop de deeeee de de de, the manaloop de de de de!...:blip::wari:

yebbut i did some of the coro loop a couple of weeks ago!:yes:

keep taking the drugs lol

Grahameeboy
30th July 2007, 15:25
well remind me not to give you a job then aye! spending all yer "work" time on here! tsk tsk

No I just pop in every few hours to give myself a break......lifestyle for me with Nats means having a simple job with flexible hours so just need a sanity check on KB (yes I know??) plus it's a friendly place at work so it works well.

Got out of the stress of every minute count's jobs........

canarlee
30th July 2007, 15:28
lol ok

anyway, can we try and get back on topic please lol

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 15:32
Lee we are doing a group ride Ashhurst woodville (meeting eastern riders at garage) heading down to pahiatua, then on some great back roads to masterton stopping for lunch in carterton, over taka hill .. more than welcome to join us .. thread here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=54019)

& ride also on the calendar ;)

more than welcome to join us & met some of the Ashhurst crew :yes:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 17:06
well it looks like it will be a good start, am going to try and join the ashurst/palmy lot on saturday.

*must remember camera, must remember camera, must remember camera. etc*

Colapop
30th July 2007, 17:27
getting a decent muffler for the bandit...

What are ya going to do with the Challenger's spare tank then?? :dodge: (sorry I meant existing muffler...)

BigG
30th July 2007, 17:28
well it looks like it will be a good start, am going to try and join the ashurst/palmy lot on saturday.

*must remember camera, must remember camera, must remember camera. etc* Might be doing the same myself, waiting to see what the weather is going to do.

canarlee
30th July 2007, 17:30
What are ya going to do with the Challenger's spare tank then?? :dodge: (sorry I meant existing muffler...)

cheeky!

hey now thats a thought, convert it to an extra petrol tank.........

canarlee
30th July 2007, 17:32
Might be doing the same myself, waiting to see what the weather is going to do.

just had a look on their thread and so far the weather report is good!

hey we should head down together if you decide to go!

Colapop
30th July 2007, 17:42
cheeky!
hey now thats a thought, convert it to an extra petrol tank.........
Just make sure that exhaust runs through it still!! You'll have to ride round the block a few times to test it... I'll supervise from the park!

canarlee
30th July 2007, 17:45
Just make sure that exhaust runs through it still!! You'll have to ride round the block a few times to test it... I'll supervise from the park!

um.......how about you do the test riding?

you seemed to enjoy it yesterday! 180kph or summit???:dodge: just think of the extra "firepower" you would have........

Colapop
30th July 2007, 17:47
No, it wasn't per hour... it was distance away.... :innocent: I wouldn't ever do that sort of speed unless I was on a closed private road... with a proper race permit...

canarlee
30th July 2007, 17:53
hmm.........lol

Mom
30th July 2007, 18:00
No, it wasn't per hour... it was distance away.... :innocent: I wouldn't ever do that sort of speed unless I was on a closed private road... with a proper race permit...

Of course you wouldn't..else Mom would :spanking:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 18:02
Of course you wouldn't..else Mom would :spanking:

now THAT i would pay to see!!!

Colapop
30th July 2007, 18:04
I'll be up there shortly, Mom!!!

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 19:17
Might be doing the same myself, waiting to see what the weather is going to do.

weather is looking pretty darn good at this stage .... (fingers crossed)

robertydog
30th July 2007, 19:24
just had a look on their thread and so far the weather report is good!

hey we should head down together if you decide to go!

Keeping an eye on it as well. Oil changed, new tyres on.

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 19:32
Keeping an eye on it as well. Oil changed, new tyres on.

:lol: seen ya lurking :lol

be good to catch up again as well robert:yes: .. been a while since Turangi :scooter:

robertydog
30th July 2007, 19:48
:lol: seen ya lurking :lol

be good to catch up again as well robert:yes: .. been a while since Turangi :scooter:

Seems we are all lurking. It hasnt been that long. Seems like yesterday. Maybe cause it was fun.

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 19:53
Seems we are all lurking. It hasnt been that long. Seems like yesterday. Maybe cause it was fun.

nods I know .. can not wait til the next one sighss but damn well looking forward to this saturday IMMENSELY

robertydog
30th July 2007, 19:58
nods I know .. can not wait til the next one sighss but damn well looking forward to this saturday IMMENSELY

The HB guys are ok, but a word of caution. Watch out for that Canarlee joker.:shifty:

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 20:01
The HB guys are ok, but a word of caution. Watch out for that Canarlee joker.:shifty:

pffttt he rides bikes so he can't be all that bad .. & if I can handle Col am sure I can handle Lee :killingme

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:12
pffttt he rides bikes so he can't be all that bad .. & if I can handle Col am sure I can handle Lee :killingme

What was i thinking.

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 20:16
What was i thinking.

have absolutely no idea :killingme :lol: :killingme :lol: :killingme :lol:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 20:20

oi i saw that!:nono: :ar15:

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:22

opps...........didnt see ya there

chanceyy
30th July 2007, 20:25

:killingme .. but Lee they have not warned you about me yet :nya: :lol:

canarlee
30th July 2007, 20:32
:killingme .. but Lee they have not warned you about me yet :nya: :lol:

um, i had colapop molesting me most of saturday and some of sunday, im still numb lol

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:36
um, i had colapop molesting me most of saturday and some of sunday, im still numb lol

Cant ya sit down?

canarlee
30th July 2007, 20:42
that is about the only thing i can do!!!

i got bruises all over me! lol i mean its not everyday someone tries to put you in a small rubbish bin is it!

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:48
And all under security camera as well.

we were parked right next to it

canarlee
30th July 2007, 20:51
*goes to find out how to get that recording and destroy it* lol

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:53
And all under security camera as well.

we were parked right next to it

Up there.........

robertydog
30th July 2007, 20:54
We could stop in on the way thru

canarlee
30th July 2007, 20:56
nah, i want it before anyone sees this thread and they get it! lol

Colapop
30th July 2007, 21:22
that is about the only thing i can do!!!

i got bruises all over me! lol i mean its not everyday someone tries to put you in a small rubbish bin is it!
Just taking out the trash...

They wouldn't give me the original but they were kind enough to make a copy for me...

canarlee
30th July 2007, 21:26
soz but can we get back on topic please...

oh and who you calling trash?

poof:p

Colapop
30th July 2007, 21:29
Who is who's bitch? Uhuh... that's what I thought Biarch!

ynot slow
31st July 2007, 20:59
and looking at a hotel to take over!

Wouldn't happen to be on sh3 north of Wangavegas?,if you have time turn off at Ball Rd and head down to the dam site,mind you if ya do watch out for greasy surfaces,lots of shit on roads,pissing down today.

canarlee
31st July 2007, 21:04
ball road, to the dam!? i will bear that one in mind ta! got it written down!

i think that could be the same hotel that i am looking at yes! just by kakaramea?

ynot slow
31st July 2007, 21:10
good old style pub,4 pubs in short area,1 in alton(on way to dam),1 in manutahi,2 in patea,kakaramea in middle lol.

canarlee
1st August 2007, 19:35
So what's your long term goal? To have stayed at least one night under the roof of every KBer? :rofl:

Seriously, have a good trip.

To all those willing to offer him accommodation -Chez McJim still stands after he stayed here last month.

'eeez awlright!

cheers for the glowing references mcjim :yes:

Colapop
1st August 2007, 19:37
I could give you a glowing reference... gimme a match I know where the wick is...

canarlee
3rd August 2007, 12:23
well its looking like a good start anyway!

leaving napier early saturday morning to join up with this rabble>>> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=54019 for their rideout before carrying on down to wellington and joining this lot >>>> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=48572 for their sunday rideout!

damn thats tomorow isnt it! better get packing aye!

nadroj
12th August 2007, 17:46
A wee trip in the Naki with a shortarse pom on an OD of ugly pills.
But the wild pork pate was yum!

robertydog
12th August 2007, 17:50
Was wondering where in the world canarlee was. I see his hear is growing.

nadroj
12th August 2007, 19:58
Was wondering where in the world canarlee was. I see his hear is growing.

Must have something to do with the size of his ears!