PDA

View Full Version : Staying warm

blu
31st July 2007, 04:32
I dont like being cold on the bike so i where winter racing pants that the jockies where at winter racing meets they r thermal lined and fit really well under ya leathers really toastee.

Nasty
31st July 2007, 05:40
I also don't like being cold ... I love my thermals ... tops and bottoms ... they have proved worthy of wearing against the cold this year. Also I wear a snood and balaclava ... they not only keep me warm but my helmit fresh too :yes:

Hitcher
31st July 2007, 13:10
I dont like being cold on the bike so i where winter racing pants that the jockies where at winter racing meets they r thermal lined and fit really well under ya leathers really toastee.

Gidday blu. Wear. Jockeys wear. Are. Your.

yod
31st July 2007, 13:40

Good day :dodge:

ManDownUnder
31st July 2007, 13:42

Blu - please excuse Hitcher... he has a thing for good English despite the fact his post was real bitsy (and anal - but that's something else for another thread)

Colapop
31st July 2007, 13:42
Jockey's pants don't fit me...

ManDownUnder
31st July 2007, 13:45

And putting on the whole jockey's not an option... well in public anyway.

jafar
31st July 2007, 13:47

Give yourself a hug & they will :lol::bleh:

Colapop
31st July 2007, 13:49
And putting on the whole jockey's not an option... well in public anyway.
Sometimes it is...

Give yourself a hug & they will :lol::bleh:
No-one hugs back... I'm all I have :weep:

McJim
31st July 2007, 13:50

Yes they do - they make great two fingered gloves for someone of your stature.

I'm alright - it doesn't get cold in New Zealand so I'm fine as it is. All my winter linings for pants and jacket are still in the house and I've been riding every day this winter....until today....coz I bought superweetards cast off car.

jafar
31st July 2007, 13:52
Sometimes it is...

No-one hugs back... I'm all I have :weep:

Your boss catches you on here & that will be right :shutup:

Colapop
31st July 2007, 13:53
I'm at home sick today... which is only ever so slightly different from being 'sick' everywhere else I go... :innocent:

jafar
31st July 2007, 14:00
I'm at home sick today... which is only ever so slightly different from being 'sick' everywhere else I go... :innocent:

can't argue with you there , thought you were supposed to get sick on a monday or a friday though :devil2:

surfchick
12th August 2007, 15:00
i wear leathers over jeans on a workday - i bought new jeans to keep up with this nu fad of tight jeans, pulled the leathers over top and couldn't for love nor money get my leg thrown over the back of the bike. had to kind of climb up on other miscilaneous objects in the garage to get on ;):shit: then i had to figure out how to get off when i arrived at work

MotoGirl
12th August 2007, 15:08

So what sizes do these jocky pants come in and where would one buy them?

buellbabe
15th August 2007, 12:03
I just take the lining out of my Revit trou and wear them over my jeans to work and back...nice and warm and only a moment to slip on and off.
At weekends... the Revit are waterproof and the thermal lining keeps me snuggly warm... ;-)

The first time I wore all my new gear I had a Triumph Speed Triple for the weekend and the pouring rain was NOT gonna deter me!
Really impressed with my trou, gloves and boots... worth spending the $$.
Cos if you are warm and dry then bad weather is not a deterrent to riding eh? (well within reason...)

BiK3RChiK
30th June 2008, 15:55
Dragging up an old thread here, but, I too am struggling with staying warm.. so, I was reminded last week that I have a pocket warmer! Well, out it promptly comes, and hey, presto! I'm not cold anymore! I have put it into a cloth bum bag I had lying around, so I can clip it where-ever I wish... almost! LOL I wonder how many other people use these little things. I can't remember where I got it from, but here is one on good ol' Tardme...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Silver-metalware-tins/Other/auction-162938275.htm

klingon
30th June 2008, 16:14
A pocket warmer?!

The Q&A on that link imply you set fire to it... you fill it with lighter fluid... it has some kind of wick?

I've never seen one of these and I have to say it sounds rather hazardous to keep in your pocket!

Quasievil
30th June 2008, 16:32
Here is what I do to keep warm if on a long very cold condition ride.

Polyprop top and bottom, a long sleeve tshirt, then a polar fleece on top, then I get a few pages from a newspaper and cover my chest with it, I may even tape some around my thighs. then Back protector (great for keeping your back and kidneys warm. Then good quality jacket and pants with a good liner in them, oh and a proper windproof neck/chest warmer, and a lighter one to go over my head.

Then of course proper warm waterproof gloves and waterproof boots with two pair of socks.

layering is the key.

I did the Desert rd at 6.30 am in the snow n ice and was fine, not the nicest ride but I was warm.

BiK3RChiK
30th June 2008, 16:55
A pocket warmer?!

The Q&A on that link imply you set fire to it... you fill it with lighter fluid... it has some kind of wick?

I've never seen one of these and I have to say it sounds rather hazardous to keep in your pocket!

Yeah, it gets filled with lighter fluid and has a special gauze which you heat with a lighter until it glows, then put the lid on and back it goes into it's pouch and you are away laughing. It doesn't have a 'flame'. I've used it for about 5 years and have only burnt myself on it twice... :shit: It heats up a lot and you shouldn't put it next to your skin! It is intended to simply put in your pocket. It does have a chemical smell to it though...

ManDownUnder
30th June 2008, 16:59

Anal. Lube. Brace.