PDA

View Full Version : bar weights

fergie
18th July 2003, 16:33
my fzr750 is fitted with bar weights, the previous owner stated that these improved the handling,

can somebody please explain the whats and hows of bar end weights?

thanks

ferg

Mitch
18th July 2003, 16:45
Heya Fergie  To the best of my knowledge bar end weights are more to lessen the vibration through the bars then actually directly improve how the bike handles.  I suppose less vibration would allow you to feel more feedback through the front end though.

Disclamer:  I know nothing and this will probably be totally discredited by some male that know more :D

Coldkiwi
18th July 2003, 17:48
my understanding is that becuase of the weight on the end of the bars, they are less susceptible to getting set off by road vibrations into a tank slapper or just numbing your fingers. a bit like a heavy weight on a strong: it's harder to upset than a paper clip on a string.

basically, get used to 'em... they're there for a reason! :)

What?
19th July 2003, 20:11
'Fraid Mitch is right on the button. The weights are there to reduce vibration in the bars from the engine. They have zero effect on handling. the ins and outs are a bit technical - all to do with sympathetic vibrations (sounds a bit kinky??)

wkid_one
19th July 2003, 20:43
They are there because they are bar ends - by name - they go on the end of the bars...sort it out....LOL

Marmoot
19th July 2003, 22:53
Mitch's totally right. :niceone: