PDA

View Full Version : AUSMC Neighbourhood watch

boostin
3rd August 2007, 17:15
Is there any way to notify all the club members about basic security of bikes, and then advise them of what to do if they think they see someone stealing a bike.

For example I walk past the bike parks usually a couple of times a day between lectures, when I do I always make sure that there is no dodgy activities going on. eg. loading a bike into a van etc... and I always think that if I did see something I would ask them why they are doing that, and make sure the owner of the bike is there....check they have the key to it or some other question that might confirm it is theirs.

Would be good if all members could be made aware, then there would be more people walking past keeping an eye out.

Squiggles
3rd August 2007, 19:28
I second glance anyone whose not wearing gear, but if theres a van i would definately ask whats going on, or if i see someone moving a bike thats got steering lock on or even just rolling it away (good cover for asking whats up would be "do you need to bang start it?" then get chatting about the bike, if it aint theirs then it'll be pretty obvious pretty quick! :yes: or of course if you get told to fuck off then i'd say its not theirs, we may be gruff but we arent assholes :rockon: )

bomma
8th August 2007, 15:37
it would be really hard to get something comprehensive going aye.

best (and probably only thing) is to do what squiggles sed and just go and investigate yourself and if the person gets shitty then text me (027 323 2289) and we'll give him a bash!!

lol jokes just investigate and if they look suspect then keep your eye on them in a blatant way...theyre much much much less likely to steal something if they know theyre being watched

Chrislost
8th August 2007, 20:01
i 2nd the idea of txt txt bash...
and ehab, the o goes in the middle!

bomma
8th August 2007, 20:33
[QUOTE=Chrislost;1164495]i 2nd the idea of txt txt bash...QUOTE]

wudnt be as funni if we beat up a person hu we thought was stealing the bike but was in fact just venting some frustration....

dont get me wrong it would still be funni....just not AS funni :whocares:

HungusMaximist
8th August 2007, 21:56
I vouch for a proper initiation of a motorbike Neighbourhood Watch.

We ride around patrolling dressed as Power Rangers and have monthly meetings to discuss actions plans in dealing with young delinquents and theives.

Then afterwards we can all have tea and strawberry short cakes.

bomma
8th August 2007, 22:25
I vouch for a proper initiation of a motorbike Neighbourhood Watch.

We ride around patrolling dressed as Power Rangers and have monthly meetings to discuss actions plans in dealing with young delinquents and theives.

Then afterwards we can all have tea and strawberry short cakes.

hahahaha i second that!!! bags not bein the geh ranger in pink!! bags bein the cool ranger in dark blue!! :Punk:

Chrislost
9th August 2007, 21:44
my firends bike got the seat cut and a cigerete put out on the seat today between 1 n 2.
parked next to the green750.

wtf?

bomma
9th August 2007, 22:19
my firends bike got the seat cut and a cigerete put out on the seat today between 1 n 2.
parked next to the green750.

wtf?

lol well ehab deserved it!!! hope he finds the surprise i left in his exhaust ;)

haha jokes :D

u serious about your mate??

motorbyclist
1st September 2007, 17:14
or if i see someone moving a bike thats got steering lock on or even just rolling it away

lol whenever i park in the bike parking i usually pick two scooters with a bit of space, stop, hop off my bike, pick them up and make a space:laugh:

ehab2weelr
1st September 2007, 18:08
nish im sure u like what im gana do to ur green buty....:devil2:
u do no that biks r only up because of a great invention called side stan.,
i wonder what would happen if some how it was gone??????:scratch: :innocent:
o and i second the motion..:done:

2wheeljunkie
1st September 2007, 18:19
soo bullshit how bikes are bein stolen.:mad:..bunch of f**kin losers..go back to stealing radios from cars for heavens sake..but yeaa i agree with squiggles..we all need to keep a watchful eye and give bomma a txt if we c anyone doin something we think is dodge so he can come wit his sledge hammer and do the damage those punks deserve..i reckon a 2 by 4 wit barbed wire is alot more intimidating then a seldge bomma..but then again everyone has their peferences..

and i was juz thinkin..is there a possible way to get all the bikers at uni to come to a gatherin where we can all meet and know what bikes other ppl ride..i know its highly and ofcourse not possible to know everyone but it'l increase the odds of one of us knowing if a bike is getting knicked or not. then again we cud hardly get ppl to our agm..lol...:shifty:..but yeaa juz thght i share my idea..sorri if its a shitty one..:bleh:

ehab2weelr
1st September 2007, 18:25
[QUOTE=2wheeljunkie;1188251]

and i was juz thinkin..is there a possible way to get all the bikers at uni to come to a gatherin where we can all meet and know what bikes other ppl ride..

good luck.....:rolleyes: :doobey:

2wheeljunkie
1st September 2007, 18:27
u shud be studying u f**kin loser...hahaha..juz thght i reply so i got a chance to use the smiles...:beer: + :mad: =:2guns: =:weep: :wari: :wari::wari:

ehab2weelr
1st September 2007, 18:39
what bout urself... wat u doin on kb????:2guns:
go look for a bike....:bash:
scootr boy...:scooter:
:doobey::wari::wari::wari::wari::wari::