PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Ulyssian to compete at Bonneville

Podo
5th August 2007, 17:35
I just copied this off the Ulysses Website.

Hamilton Ulysses member Alan Thoresen (#6326) left Hamilton today for Bonneville Utah, US in the footsteps of Burt Munro. Alan will be attempting a world speed record on his Z14 Kawasaki at the Bonneville Speed Week, 11-17 August. Over past couple of months he has been doing test runs at Hamilton Airport and got up to 338 kph. Hamilton Branch donated $500 to Blackthunder at its August meeting last week.

Check www.blackthunder.co.nz

mbazza
5th August 2007, 17:43
Go New Zealanders, go. Especially those who don't get 20 mill. + from the govt! Cheers. :rockon:

Podo
5th August 2007, 18:29
Go New Zealanders, go. Especially those who don't get 20 mill. + from the govt! Cheers. :rockon:

I couldn't agree more.

deeknow
6th August 2007, 09:02
Alan will be attempting a world speed record on his Z14 Kawasaki at the Bonneville Speed Week

Nice guy too, had a chat with him outside Hamilton motorcycles on a promo-day BBQ they had. ZX14 + NOS = :gob:

merv
2nd December 2007, 16:39
Just got my latest Ulyssian magazine and Alan has his story in there, I presume the same as he has written up on the website.

What prompted me to bring this old thread alive is just to say it makes the exploits of Burt Munro look all the more impressive given the difficulties of the slipperiness of the salt surface and Burt turned in better times than the lowered ZX14 on his ancient V twin with less cc's but with his home built streamlining - no wind tunnel testing I am sure.

Yup - progress huh.