PDA

View Full Version : Ride sat 2nd(north)

DEATH_INC.
29th September 2004, 19:17
Tiller's coming down sat morn,then returning back to Whangerei at 12.We'll be riding back up with him,and prolly do the same loop as last time.Auck>wellsford>waipu>oakleigh>mangatoroto>wellsford>auck.
Meet at the gasser@ westgate (by the KFC) at 12.30.
All welcome :scooter: :devil2: :third: :first: :ride: :second:
'cept these guys :Police:

Two Smoker
29th September 2004, 19:19
Bugger, wont be able to make it, tell tiller to come down next weekend too.... Are you going to come to Puke on Sunday?

DEATH_INC.
29th September 2004, 19:24
Na,too much shit to do,not enough time/money ect,ect

Two Smoker
29th September 2004, 19:33
Na,too much shit to do,not enough time/money ect,ect
No worries mate, have a good one :niceone:

Bleck K6
29th September 2004, 19:42
yep should be a good ride, must remember to get a radiator guard before saturday aye DEATH.

mattt
30th September 2004, 13:03
Sounds like a plan...

6Chris6
30th September 2004, 17:37
I'm in.
see ya there

Kwaka-Kid
30th September 2004, 18:21
i would
but im a pussy. ill stay home and cook foor for when you get back westie KB'ers :D

enigma51
30th September 2004, 18:23
Going down south throught the coromandel on saturday

Zed
1st October 2004, 14:49
...'cept these guys :Police:
Lol, does that mean if Spudchucker & Marty & co turned up on their sportsbikes in full riding gears you'd tell them to get lost? :Police: :angry2: :msn-wink:

See you Shell Westgate - hope the sun stays out in all its glory!

duckman
1st October 2004, 15:19
Ha!! What a coincedence, I'm riding up to Whanga's to see my Grandma on Saturday... hmmmmm, I was planning to head off early tho' .. like 10:30am ...are you guys all set on the departure time ??? Any flexibility ???

badlieutenant
1st October 2004, 15:55
Be careful guys. That road was patroled pretty well by our HP friends last weekend, sorry, the kaukapakapa route i meant to say. I had the impression they were looking for bikes :D Im only telling you this so that you might warn other riders who, unlike any KB'rs, might invoke the powers that be and get a ticket, or worse need a lift.

Zed
1st October 2004, 16:00
Be careful guys. That road was patroled pretty well by our HP friends last weekend, sorry, the kaukapakapa route i meant to say. I had the impression they were looking for bikes :D Im only telling you this so that you might warn other riders who, unlike any KB'rs, might invoke the powers that be and get a ticket, or worse need a lift.
Appreciate that!

What exactly gave you the impression they were *looking* for bikes? :brick: :Police:

Bleck K6
1st October 2004, 17:57
Ha!! What a coincedence, I'm riding up to Whanga's to see my Grandma on Saturday... hmmmmm, I was planning to head off early tho' .. like 10:30am ...are you guys all set on the departure time ??? Any flexibility ???
I have got an appointment at 11am so we cant leave until after that.
Granny should be able to hold out for another hour or so, shouldnt she. :niceone:
Would be good to have another TLR there.

badlieutenant
1st October 2004, 18:15
Appreciate that!

What exactly gave you the impression they were *looking* for bikes? :brick: :Police:
As i went past one near warkworth there was a guy on a kwaka on the side of the road fiddling with his bike (or they might have given him a ticket) and the officer driving was leaning forward in his seat looking in the rearveiw mirror hard. I used to travel that road every day and didnt see 2 HP in one day on. Oh im telepathic as well. Read the cops mind....."hope he pulls a wheely, that'd help the quota"
The way he was riding a car wouldnt have kept up. And by far the best way to not get tickets is not to speed, failing that, be very very paranoid. Love that road but I have been told its killed a few riders. :doctor:

DEATH_INC.
1st October 2004, 22:17
Lol, does that mean if Spudchucker & Marty & co turned up on their sportsbikes in full riding gears you'd tell them to get lost? :Police: :angry2: :msn-wink:

See you Shell Westgate - hope the sun stays out in all its glory!
Na, I'm happy to ride with anyone,as long as they leave their hats and ticketbooks at home.....

Bleck K6
2nd October 2004, 07:03
looks like its goin to be a wicked day :banana:

6Chris6
2nd October 2004, 08:41
Meeeooow meow meow-meow meow, meeeooow meow meow-meow meow.

Don't be such a pussy and come for a ride.

6Chris6
2nd October 2004, 11:32
Don't be such a pussy and come for a ride.

Gonna be a pussy myself.
Too hungover to ride, bloody alcohol! :2guns: :drinknsin

Two Smoker
2nd October 2004, 13:13
Lucky bastards..... i only got to terrorise the streets of Auckland today.... and yes it was on my "road" bike :shifty:

Kwaka-Kid
2nd October 2004, 13:39
moo, moooo,.... mo moooooo moooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ah crap wait... chickens dont moo do they?:confused:

DEATH_INC.
2nd October 2004, 21:26
Great day,great riding.Not too many Kber's though......
A bit windy for too many long wheelies,but managed to make a mess of the rear dunlop on the gixx :p good run up 'till we had a minor mishap,but that's up to the rider involved to divulge.
cut the ride a bit short(ran outta time) but still had a good trip back.
Had a dice with a couple of cages,one guy was on the edge most of the time,and I wasn't surprised to find him on his roof just before kaukapakapa(he'd gone past when we stopped) :tugger: The coppers were in attendance so we cruised on past.....
All in all a good 'un (well for most of us anyway....)

Zed
2nd October 2004, 23:34
...good run up 'till we had a minor mishap,but that's up to the rider involved to divulge...It was a PREMO day for a motorcycle ride, especially with 12 other bikes (mostly late model 600cc+ sportsbikes). We all met at Shell Westgate around 12.30pm and headed off up north. I managed to rope in a guy on an R1 who was there just to pump up his tyres - Rhys/Reece is his name and he said he would be coming to check out KB soon...he rode with us as far as Wellsford and then turned back.

The ride up Old North Rd, Peak Rd, and onto SH16 to Wellsford was fast and without disruption. We all (well most of us - where did you get to Firestormer & Mrs??) stopped for refuelling/drinks at Wellsford S/Stn (see pics) before heading to Maungawhai Heads...I never made it!

We turned off SH1 into Maungawhai Road, which is full of twisties, and about 3/4 of the way along I was going about 80kms around a sweeping LH bend when my front started sliding out! I quickly straightened it up as best I could within the millisecond I had and then I felt myself sliding on the tarmac. I lowsided my pride & joy! During my slide, the initial impact being directly on my LH shoulder, I managed to flip myself onto my back protector and thought "phew it'll be okay" until I plowed into an embankment which sent me into tumble motion :wacko: . I jumped to my feet to see my 'wreck' in the distance only to realise I was also seeing stars & had mildly winded myself - I sat down.

To cut a long story short - the bike could be written off? ...with all front fairings damaged and possible fork & front wheel damage? Another insurance claim. My body is a bit bruised, especially my shoulder, but the doctor says *probably* nothing is broken. My Teknic jacket is history along with my flash Asian helmet which took a good knock on the side, gloves are ripped on the tops. :doctor:

Thank you to the whole group for your kind support and for waiting around until the trailer arrived. Sorry to hold you all up - such is biker life I suppose!

BIG thanks to VTGlen for calling in his friend Andy and waiting around in Wellsford with me until my ride from Auckland arrived - thanks a million Glen!

Zed

Velox
3rd October 2004, 00:06
Another one bites the dust eh?! That sucks. Sorry to hear about that Zed. I'm guessing you're ok by the sounds of it? Let us know what the fate of your bike is when you get it all sussed out. Good luck mate! Hope it doesn't bite you in the wallet too hard.

riffer
3rd October 2004, 00:19
Argh. Not a good day for the bikes today is it?

I thought that was your bike when I saw the pics.

What a bugger. Still, at least your good friend above was looking out for you (again)... Methinks you'd better head off to church tomorrow and say thanks.

See, no good will ever come of riding Hondas. ;)

I guess you'll probably need to start looking for another bike...

Hope your wife wasn't too pissed at you.

Get well soon...

jrandom
3rd October 2004, 00:23
PREMO day... bang splat... could be written off? ...

Awww, that really sucks. Commiserations. Such are the breaks, I suppose. :bye:

Did you get a chance to check out the road and see if there was anything in particular that might have upset the front?

October doesn't quite seem to have started off so marvellously for KBers in general, does it? See firestormer's thread from earlier this afternoon about his exploits on the way home.

Hope nobody DIES at Puke tomorrow.

If they do, you heard the prediction here first...

SPORK
3rd October 2004, 00:29
Awww, that really sucks. Commiserations. Such are the breaks, I suppose. :bye:

Did you get a chance to check out the road and see if there was anything in particular that might have upset the front?

October doesn't quite seem to have started off so marvellously for KBers in general, does it? See firestormer's thread from earlier this afternoon about his exploits on the way home.

Hope nobody DIES at Puke tomorrow.

If they do, you heard the prediction here first...
Way to go, now someone is bound to! Who was it that got the ticket after they said that hadn't had a ticket for many years? Coz jRandom is jinxxxing everyone! No more predictions from jrandom! He is going to kill you alll! listen to me! Argh!

I need to hide in a box till he goes offline

Mr Skid
3rd October 2004, 01:03
Sorry to hear another Honda go down Zed..

How many has that been in the last month? I've lost track, I think we've had myself, Erik, LooseBruce, Jazbug5, Vagabond, StoneChucker, and yourself Zed.

Have I missed anyone? Thats like a bin every 5 days.. :eek:

..and I try to convince my family that motorbikes aren't dangerous.

Way to go, now someone is bound to! Who was it that got the ticket after they said that hadn't had a ticket for many years? Coz jRandom is jinxxxing everyone! No more predictions from jrandom! He is going to kill you alll! listen to me! Argh!

I need to hide in a box till he goes offline

If your right, your box will probably get run over by a motorbike. :wacko:

aff-man
3rd October 2004, 01:06
arse not the purrrrrrty honda (don't tell the kawaka guys hear me say that) :doh: hope you up and running soon man :soon:

Ms Piggy
3rd October 2004, 02:47
Eeeeeeeeek! Glad you're ok. Bummer about the bike! So is it definitely written off?

DEATH_INC.
3rd October 2004, 07:04
I'd say so,basically the whole front's a writeoff....
We had a good look at the road,the only thing we could see was the solid whiteline(real thick and smooth)and by the angle of the slidemarks Zed musta been real close to it.Do you remember if you hit the line Zed?There was a black line on it in about the right spot,but there were others a bit further back too.
Hope you're not too sore today.....

Ghost Lemur
3rd October 2004, 08:19
Sorry to hear about your off Zed. Good to hear your ok and you gear did it's job.

Hope you don't mind if I cry over your baby, you just got her looking so good too. Have you had a chance to look at her yet? Did the crash bungs not help?

Looks like you could be going shopping (there's always an upside to everything:)).

Zed
3rd October 2004, 08:23
I'd say so,basically the whole front's a writeoff....
We had a good look at the road,the only thing we could see was the solid whiteline(real thick and smooth)and by the angle of the slidemarks Zed musta been real close to it.Do you remember if you hit the line Zed?There was a black line on it in about the right spot,but there were others a bit further back too.
Hope you're not too sore today.....
I don't recall being that close to the white line, more towards the centre of the lane. Andy the community cop said that corner has tripped many a motorist in the past. :sneaky2:

I'm not in that much pain today, doctor gave me some strong pain killers and I managed to get a reasonable sleep last night. Thanks for your concern.

Zed
3rd October 2004, 08:28
Sorry to hear about your off Zed. Good to hear your ok and you gear did it's job.Yes the gear saved me but got destroyed in the process. I really liked that jacket & helmet!

Hope you don't mind if I cry over your baby, you just got her looking so good too. Have you had a chance to look at her yet? Did the crash bungs not help?There would have probably been more damage had it not been for the crash bung, however the LH bung was reduced in size by a third and broke off!

Looks like you could be going shopping (there's always an upside to everything:)).Havn't given it too much thought at this stage?

MikeL
3rd October 2004, 08:28
Sorry to hear the news, Zed. I can certainly sympathise - I know what you're feeling right now. All I can suggest is that you look on the positive side - no serious injury. Everything else can be replaced - it's just time and money...

Zed
3rd October 2004, 08:30
Sorry to hear the news, Zed. I can certainly sympathise - I know what you're feeling right now. All I can suggest is that you look on the positive side - no serious injury. Everything else can be replaced - it's just time and money...
Thanks Mike. Agreed! :crybaby:

bluninja
3rd October 2004, 08:38
Zed, sorry to hear of your mishap. I now how it feels. Glad you're in one piece with not too much damage. :doctor:

jazbug5
3rd October 2004, 09:02
Sorry to hear about this, too.

Could there be a Curse of The Kiwi Biker...?
Just hope you mend soon, and are out there again having fun asap.
Take care...

Bleck K6
3rd October 2004, 09:08
I don't recall being that close to the white line, more towards the centre of the lane. Andy the community cop said that corner has tripped many a motorist in the past. :sneaky2:

I'm not in that much pain today, doctor gave me some strong pain killers and I managed to get a reasonable sleep last night. Thanks for your concern.

Glad to hear your not in to much pain Zed, I tell ya that crash sounded like it was goin to be a lot worse.
When I heard the sound of plastic & metal hittin the road I had just got through the corner & looked in my mirror to see zeds bike followed by zed slidin off the road.
And that corner caught a few people out,I was comin up to the corner really quickly then realised how tight it was and just had to crank the bike right over,sam said he had a slide on the same corner & death said he was right into the corner before he realised how tight it was.

Was good to finally meet ya,hope to see you on the road again soon.

James Deuce
3rd October 2004, 09:09
Ahhhhhhhhh Zed!

Look after yourself.

That goes for the rest of you too.

erik
3rd October 2004, 09:50
Sorry to hear that Zed.

I've gotta say all these bins lately is making me want to ride really carefully and forget about trying to be fast.

It's a real shame the bike is written off, when I saw the pic, I thought it was just fairing damage, but obviously not.

Get well soon.

vifferman
3rd October 2004, 09:55
Bummer, Zed. Sorry to hear about that.
Sounds like we got the best ride in after all, then. :pinch:
And here I was thinking we'd missed out on all the fun.
No, not really. :)
We had a great day,despite the ticket, then topped it off by going to see "Caligula" at the Maidment.
Funny thing is, despite being left behind by all you guys, Mrs FS said to me when I stopped at Wellsford on the way North, "You can go faster if you like; don't let me hold you up!" (Didn't tell her I'd hit 180 in spots, and she didn't seem to realise....):confused2
Well, Zed, I hope you get everything sorted, and heal fast.

vifferman
3rd October 2004, 09:58
I've gotta say all these bins lately is making me want to ride really carefully and forget about trying to be fast. Indeed. I dropped back to the back of the pack (deliberately) as I was getting sucked into going faster than I felt was safe. The FahrtSturm was a bit awkward to get used to, being only the second longish ride we'd had 2-up, and with 150kg of passengers, a bumpy (and unfamiliar) road, and some nasty wind gusts, it was a bit of a handful. I didn't want to end up in a ditch with my valuable passenger...

Uncle B
3rd October 2004, 10:06
Sorry to hear about your ride.
Hope your not too much the worse for wear & get your bike back up & running again soon.
It's good to hear Kiwi bikers helping each other when needed.

Joni
3rd October 2004, 11:47

Oh my friend I am so sorry to hear about this... :disapint:
Please let me know if you need anything. Otherwise I will talk to you when I see you...
Hope everything gets sorted. Once again, shout if you need help with anything.

Jo

Zed
3rd October 2004, 11:56
Sorry to hear that Zed.

I've gotta say all these bins lately is making me want to ride really carefully and forget about trying to be fast.

It's a real shame the bike is written off, when I saw the pic, I thought it was just fairing damage, but obviously not.

Get well soon.Thanks erik. The bike hasn't been assessed by the insurance company yet so no decision has been made about a write-off or repair?

vifferman
3rd October 2004, 13:07
Heres a pic again in case youse missed it.
Note the forks very twisted (handlebars are hard left). Also brake disc bent and whole wheel pushed back up into radiator area. The crash bung stopped pegs from breaking off though. That's one very sad looking machine.:doh: What a shame.

Blakamin
3rd October 2004, 14:48
Sorry to hear it, Zed. Hope you and the bike are in one piece and back on the road soon

DEATH_INC.
3rd October 2004, 18:28
Sorry to hear that Zed.

Don't let this stuff put you off,you can still learn to be fast safely(despite what mr plod will have you believe)just stay within your limits and work on your technique,speed will then come on it's own....

Kendog
3rd October 2004, 19:01
Heres a pic again in case youse missed it.
Note the forks very twisted (handlebars are hard left). Also brake disc bent and whole wheel pushed back up into radiator area. The crash bung stopped pegs from breaking off though.
That is a sorry sight, but glad you are not seriously hurt.

Kwaka-Kid
3rd October 2004, 21:47
Good to hear the positives of the ride guys as yooud expect and no good to hear of your misfortune Zed.

For what its worth and possibly ziltch, at least your still here with us mate, no cars on the other side of the road caught you, no poles, just a bang and slide. Someones watching over you eh?.

Take it easy dude!

Motoracer
3rd October 2004, 22:10
Sorry to hear about the bin man.:disapint: I couldn't belive it when I heard the news...

All the best with getting things sorted.

loosebruce
3rd October 2004, 23:10
Nice work zed you out done me considerbly, hope you are all good mate, i myself couldn't believe it either when i heard.
Sounds like your gear did the trick, ever thought of going down the path of leathers.
Hopefully you'll be sorted and back on the road by the time i can get back on the road.

No need to tell you to stay positive and get back on it. I know you will be.

Catch ya

F5 Dave
4th October 2004, 10:55
Sorry to hear, hope it can all be sorted somehow.

Two Smoker
4th October 2004, 11:06
Bugger about the bin Zed, even though bikes are our pride and joy, in the end its just and object.. Im glad you are ok and not hurt :niceone:

750Y
4th October 2004, 11:18
Glad You're OK Zed.

Hopefully you'll be sorted and back on the road by the time i can get back on the road.
Catch ya

not you too bruce?

Coldkiwi
4th October 2004, 11:39
Mate! Thats a real bummer to hear about. I can only imagine the pain is even more real today with the inevitable "now I have to take the damn car to work".

Sorry to hear you went off like that but at least you're up an walking. Prayer works eh! :)

Nutter34
4th October 2004, 12:23
Sorry to hear about the spill Zed.
Sounds like you're doing okay. Lucky nothing was coming the other way.
My bike has lost its sister......
If they write it off, you gonna get another bike?
Might be worth grabbing the pipe and jetkit for the next one!