PDA

View Full Version : FZR fairing and screen

Paul in NZ
6th August 2007, 14:19
Quick question.....

The fairing screen on the FZR is and aftermarket jobbie and it's cracked right through, does not quite fit and has one end broken off - in other words - it's gotta GO!

I can get a genuine one from the USA for (US) $100 and can order all the screw / graphics etc as well

OR

I can try for a local aftermarket jobbie! Who makes em? Where can I get em from?? How much??

Cheers

James Deuce
6th August 2007, 14:23
Given that the local aftermarket screen for my Katana is $145 and the size of a Dinner Plate, I reckon the US one is the one to go for.

http://www.bikescreens.com/

Paul in NZ
6th August 2007, 14:34
Far out!

They aint cheap eh?

riffer
6th August 2007, 14:36
$85 off some fella on trademe is a much better price (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Frames-bodywork/auction-111556170.htm?p=30) for a new one.

Str8 Jacket
6th August 2007, 17:39
Quick question.....

The fairing screen on the FZR is and aftermarket jobbie and it's cracked right through, does not quite fit and has one end broken off - in other words - it's gotta GO!

I can get a genuine one from the USA for (US) $100 and can order all the screw / graphics etc as well

OR

I can try for a local aftermarket jobbie! Who makes em? Where can I get em from?? How much??

Cheers

Yep, that happened when some poor sod (who shall remain nameless) tried doing me a favour and pushed it up my extremely steep driveway for me to crash start.... Then someone else (who shall also remain nameless) dropped it in his parents driveway and cracked the screen. I was gonna replace it but they aren't cheap!

On a side note, I never crashed the FZR! No, really!

Paul in NZ
6th August 2007, 19:51
On a side note, I never crashed the FZR! No, really!

Good grief! Many more favours like that and it would have been beyond redemption.... With the luck you had with it mate it didn't need to fall down, the earth would have jumped up and whacked it!

Nah! It does not look crashed anyplace...

FROSTY
6th August 2007, 22:26
The local supplier is Visual Plastics Based in Hamilton.
Yep $145 sounds about right--clear and tinted --Would look interesting with a double bubble or a deeper bubble

lordandrevv
6th August 2007, 22:44
i got a screen back in the day of that guy on TM as well. Can't complain about it, just a screen. You can mould perspex profesionaly, not sure how much it would be for a bike screen tho.