PDA

View Full Version : How sad is this numberplate?

Bob
29th September 2004, 23:06
Riding to work this morning, I noticed the following numberplate on the car in front of me:

0Y 5EXY X

How sad is THAT? I'm sure the money could have been spent on something far more worthwhile on the car (it was some kind of convertible Volkswagen - I only know this as I spotted the badge).

Far more amusing (to my mind) is a plate an Indian/Asian chap who lives somewhere near me has:

5IKH

I suppose the above only works if he is in the car though (he wears a turban)

wari
29th September 2004, 23:24
NO-one take this personally ...

BUtt ...

I find all personallised plates abit lame .. a lot lame ... :spudwhat:

ALthough some are cleverr ...

BUtt not worthe the ex-pend-iture if you aks me ..

bluninja
29th September 2004, 23:28
Personalised plates aren't as prevalent in the UK as in NZ...and they are normally more expensive. Goddness knows what plaet I'll get when the RSVR is registered....but it won't be RSVR anymore that's for sure.

Yamahamaman
29th September 2004, 23:29
NO-one take this personally ...

BUtt ...

I find all abit lame .. a lot lame ... :spudwhat:

ALthough some are cleverr ...

BUtt not worthe the ex-pend-iture if you aks me ..
I am curious - EDS obviously don't employ you for your spelling ability :Oops:

F5 Dave
30th September 2004, 14:43
Personalised plates. 30,000 ways of spelling Wanker.

Only decent one I've seen is QQQQ2

(if it isn't obvious try adding 'Buddy' on the end of it)

marty
30th September 2004, 14:49
nup. still don't get it.

F5 Dave
30th September 2004, 14:51
how many 'Q's are there?

jrandom
30th September 2004, 14:51
One day I will have "5QUID".

Get it?

Best on a small, cheap, crappy bike though.

Posh Tourer :P
30th September 2004, 14:55
Very good... although rather pointless to get it on a cruddy bike :S

jrandom
30th September 2004, 14:56
Very good... although rather pointless to get it on a cruddy bike :S

No, that's the point of the 'five quid' part of the joke.

30th September 2004, 15:03
No, that's the point of the 'five quid' part of the joke.

I know, but to get a personalised plate on a cruddy bike?

Rascal
30th September 2004, 15:03
Personalised plates. 30,000 ways of spelling Wanker.

Only decent one I've seen is QQQQ2

(if it isn't obvious try adding 'Buddy' on the end of it)

:lol: Excellent!! I like it! alot :2thumbsup

jrandom
30th September 2004, 15:12
I know, but to get a personalised plate on a cruddy bike?

Getting a personalised plate on an *expensive* bike is wanky.

A piss-take plate on a cruddy bike is the only option that allows me to retain some self-respect.

vifferman
30th September 2004, 15:13
In my opinion, personalised plates are a pointless waste of money, unless they're on something a bit special, like a vintage car or something very rare, or on a business vehicle for advertising purposes.

What the hell does this one mean?
DUX 5C
And no, I don't know, but I used to see it frequently and it had me rather perplexed...

There are some I've seen that I liked (but wouldn't have bought them myself), like PUGLET on a Peugeot 205GTi, and ENCWNC (with "SPIDER" underneath, on the plate surround) on a Spider.

I think if you have an easily remembered or eye-catching personalised plate, then you should be very careful how you drive or ride (unlike the HD 1200 Sportster rider I followed last night: 1200S).:nono:

vifferman
30th September 2004, 15:14
Getting a personalised plate on an *expensive* bike is wanky.

A piss-take plate on a cruddy bike is the only option that allows me to retain some self-respect.Yeah, maybe. But for the $500 or whatever it costs, is it worth it? I'd rather spend the money on gear or bike parts.

wari
30th September 2004, 15:17
I am curious - EDS obviously don't employ you for your spelling ability :Oops:

NOw thats just hurtfulle ... :cry:

SOmeboddy ... I needa hugg ... :cry:

30th September 2004, 15:25
NOw thats just hurtfulle ... :cry:

SOmeboddy ... I needa hugg ... :cry:

awww... :grouphug:

jrandom
30th September 2004, 15:32
Yeah, maybe. But for the $500 or whatever it costs, is it worth it?

No.

That's why I've never bothered.

wari
30th September 2004, 15:33
awww... :grouphug:

THatsa bit gay init ... ?

I WAnted a girle hugg ... :thud:

30th September 2004, 15:56
THatsa bit gay init ... ?

I WAnted a girle hugg ... :thud:

You'll learn to take what you get round here mate...

mccool
30th September 2004, 17:28
Hey, my personalised plate is a statement of my belief in personal freedom, the right to self expression, and joie de vivre. Its my stand against the brutal grinding machinery of govt that allocates us JUST ANY number unless we take control. Its a tiny flag of liberty in the sea of everyday darkness that will engulf us all if we don't stand up and say "I am an Individual and my plate proves it"

Its also a bit of a laugh.

Vote for me for the District Health Board.

Blakamin
30th September 2004, 17:34
Hey, my personalised plate is a statement of my belief in personal freedom, the right to self expression, and joie de vivre. Its my stand against the brutal grinding machinery of govt that allocates us JUST ANY number unless we take control. Its a tiny flag of liberty in the sea of everyday darkness that will engulf us all if we don't stand up and say "I am an Individual and my plate proves it"

Its also a bit of a laugh.

Vote for me for the District Health Board.
whose plate says 0WNED?
was that yours?

badlieutenant
30th September 2004, 17:47
Im going to keep my old school black plates.

Slingshot
30th September 2004, 18:12
I got a new personalised number plate when my standard plate broke.

From memory it only cost me lie 8 bucks or something.

What do you guys think of this:

50WCC

It's freaking cool!!

You too can get you own $8 personalised number plate.
Just pop down to your local LTSA agent, tell them your existing plate is broken and that you need a new one. Smile nicely at the girl behind the counter and ask if you can choose your own plate out of their box of plates.
Looks like a gem :finger:

Madmax
30th September 2004, 19:23
have seen two good ones

2XLR8

INSANE
that one was on a T Bucket
:yes:

Skyryder
30th September 2004, 22:34
The only one I want is STLGOOSN, but it has too many letters. Just the plate for a Guzzi.

Skyryder

PS Think I'll change my sig. Got good one.

Slipstream
30th September 2004, 22:58
The Trashman, will soon be seen drivin in his Lex-arse V8, with the plates WTRASH ... all was well until a clever wee man, at his work, saw the print out and said "Looks like 'What rash' to me" :killingme :killingme :killingme

I think it is wanky to buy yo'self a plate, but gettin' one can be kinda cool, as long as the plate fits ya.

Did you know that the plate 'DICK' can be made and so can 'ASS' and 'BUTT' but other ways of saying the same things can't. :killingme

jrandom
30th September 2004, 23:05
The Trashman, will soon be seen drivin in his Lex-arse V8, with the plates WTRASH ... all was well until a clever wee man, at his work, saw the print out and said "Looks like 'What rash' to me" :killingme :killingme :killingme

Could also be 'white rash'; leprosy. Or 'water ash', although that doesn't make a lot of sense, unless possibly in relation to bongs.

as long as the plate fits ya

Yeah, well, that's all good for the lucky people with flat rectangular places and screw mounting holes on their bodies.

Slipstream
30th September 2004, 23:32
Yeah, well, that's all good for the lucky people with flat rectangular places and screw mounting holes on their bodies.

you been hanging around that piercing salon again. :moon: :whistle: :laugh:

menace
1st October 2004, 00:19
I have to say from a car point of view, and in the car enthusiaist comunity i think that a liscence is well worth the 300 odd dollar you pay for. (group discount deals there always some around) For a couple resons, if you are building a show car it sets it apart from the rest and it also becomes know AS that... ;)

So yeah i recon they do have a purpose :)

scumdog
1st October 2004, 00:53
Im going to keep my old school black plates.

Me too, got three still with black plates, the only personalised plate I have on a car was on it when I bought the car.

btw there is a farm truck here with the plate EIEIO, who can pick the owners surname?

jrandom
1st October 2004, 01:13
Me too, got three still with black plates, the only personalised plate I have on a car was on it when I bought the car.

I miss my Valiant with the black plate, AE2604. Way cooler than some silly $500 a pop wordplay, if you ask me.

bgd
1st October 2004, 03:49
If you want a reason for having a personalised plate...

A mate owns 8 (in NZ). He paid a substantial sum for it and several years ago turned down an offer of about 10 times his original outlay.

8 is lucky for Chinese.

AMPS
1st October 2004, 08:11
Riding to work this morning, I noticed the following numberplate on the car in front of me:

0Y 5EXY X

Can't be, it's got 7 digits.
Lou

Dodgyiti
1st October 2004, 08:29
If you cant spell what you want on a PP, because the plate is already gone, then give up ,you missed out, not to worry, its not the end of the world.
I had a PP for years, when they first came out, took a lot of years before I got over what a tosser I was for spending the money [ $250 second hand].
And yes it had the correct spelling :mad:

Eddieb
1st October 2004, 08:44
[QUOTE=Bob]Riding to work this morning, I noticed the following numberplate on the car in front of me:

0Y 5EXY X

Can't be, it's got 7 digits.
Lou

Can be round Bobs way. The UK have 7 digits, e.g. M432BGX format up till 2001 or thereabouts, it's changed now to a slightly different number & letter format but I can't remember what right now.

MrMelon
1st October 2004, 09:36
whose plate says 0WNED?
was that yours?

Nah that's my one.

1st October 2004, 09:51
If you cant spell what you want on a PP, because the plate is already gone, then give up ,you missed out, not to worry, its not the end of the world.
I had a PP for years, when they first came out, took a lot of years before I got over what a tosser I was for spending the money [ $250 second hand].
And yes it had the correct spelling :mad:

True - that really annoys me - its supposed to be about personalising etc etc - so why get a plate that looks very similar to something thats already been taken? ie 3s for Es etc

Did anyone say desparate?

I think TS will agree, APXHTR is a good one though

Can anyone get this one? TUKAYL

riffer
1st October 2004, 09:55
For all the father ted fans, RSBSKT is still available.

F5 Dave
1st October 2004, 10:04
In this increasingly regulated world where non std mufflers are becoming a problem & most any modifications will require certification it will get to the point like in Germany where everything will require TUV certification & it will be illegal to put tires on a car (or bike) if they haven’t been approved for that model.

To be limited to think you are personalising you vehicle because of a limited amount of choices of plate when the rest of it looks like the same box everyone is driving is SAD.

Like Posh sez, people with plates like FAST 5 (unless on an audi perhaps).
-So great, you’re the 6th person to come up with that idea. Neato.

& some of the narcissistic ones are just making people think ‘gee you’re vain buddy’ & there’s some plonker driving some American shitbox with EV1L

Ohhh I’m scared. Pussy. :tugger:

jrandom
1st October 2004, 10:10
Black Hummer H2.

Parked in Takapuna yesterday, sprawled over two slots while cages crawled sadly round and round looking for spare parking places.

'HUMMAR'.

W*nker.

Oh, yes, that's right, I have a Motochek account [edit: and a defective memory of the conditions I signed up to when I acquired it].

[Mmmph mmmph blah blah wibble wibble. Deleted.]

scumdog
1st October 2004, 10:20
& some of the narcissistic ones are just making people think ‘gee you’re vain buddy’ & there’s some plonker driving some American shitbox with EV1L

Ohhh I’m scared. Pussy. :tugger:

Heard what I'm sure was that plate being mentioned on ZB yakback a couple of weeks ago, it was on a Monaro or summat.

Anyway the driver of that car needs dragged from the car and shot and his plate rammed up his jacksy going by the comments from people on the show that had seen it driven in a cretinous manner on two or three different occassion, this driver makes cro-magnon seem like Einstien going by his driving style :Offtopic:

riffer
1st October 2004, 10:27
Heard what I'm sure was that plate being mentioned on ZB yakback a couple of weeks ago, it was on a Monaro or summat.

Anyway the driver of that car needs dragged from the car and shot and his plate rammed up his jacksy going by the comments from people on the show that had seen it driven in a cretinous manner on two or three different occassion, this driver makes cro-magnon seem like Einstien going by his driving style :Offtopic:
Needs this plate:

Blakamin
1st October 2004, 10:28
A mate in Oz has 2.. a panel van with KRMNAL and a 71 Fairlane with STAFF

edit... for the slow ones, as in mafia staff car

F5 Dave
1st October 2004, 10:29

To those who think a plate won’t get them more likely to be picked up for speeding or *555 complaints read above.

There’s a turkey in some little shopping cart painted bright yellow & the plate ULIKEIT. Heck makes ME want to stove his doors in & leave a note saying NO I BLOODY WELL DON’T. Cops are human too & you know anything that rarks them up like LWBRKR or 100MPH (you listening Mal?) is going to make the owner a target.

jrandom
1st October 2004, 10:32
Cops are human too & you know anything that rarks them up like LWBRKR or 100MPH (you listening Mal?) is going to make the owner a target.

Well, this one's available. I'd be bloody inclined to put *it* on.

F5 Dave
1st October 2004, 10:46
Maybe just get branding iron & hit your neck with “Slave to the state of …etc” :bye:

Blakamin
1st October 2004, 11:01
Maybe just get branding iron & hit your neck with “Slave to the state of …etc” :bye:
I've been meaning to get a barcode tattooed on the back of my neck for about 10 years... it would have to be off a box of VB tho :)

mccool
1st October 2004, 11:05
whose plate says 0WNED?
was that yours?

Nah, mine is BJZUZ. Try it with an Irish accent.

Blakamin
1st October 2004, 11:08
Nah, mine is BJZUZ. Try it with an Irish accent.
hahaha...i like it!

riffer
1st October 2004, 11:09
I can't believe it.

I can get this... :mellow:

Blakamin
1st October 2004, 11:16
I can't believe it.

I can get this... :mellow:
Thats brilliant!

jrandom
1st October 2004, 11:23
(Mmmph mmmph blah blah jrandom has a fat mouth.)

PZR
1st October 2004, 12:27
Well personally I think a PP should make you think or match the vehicle like my (non bike) one does. I have no respect for DAVE24 or JOE200 etc. Try mine out

IVXIV

or how about this on a friends car

TI3VOM

Both of these say something
Come on guys think about them and if you know straight away give some others time to guess.

riffer
1st October 2004, 12:36
Well personally I think a PP should make you think or match the vehicle like my (non bike) one does. I have no respect for DAVE24 or JOE200 etc. Try mine out

IVXIV

or how about this on a friends car

TI3VOM

Both of these say something
Come on guys think about them and if you know straight away give some others time to guess.
2nd ones easy. Working on the 1st

riffer
1st October 2004, 12:37
2nd ones easy. Working on the 1st Yup got it.

scumdog
1st October 2004, 13:44
Yup got it.

Ist one was easy-peasy, second one? use a mirror :doobey:

And EIEIO?

MrMelon
1st October 2004, 14:17
My uncle's got something like IHI1I on his R1. It's hard enough to tell what's what when you're looking straight at it, so I don't like anyone's chances of remembering it if they see him speeding past. Mkaes it ever harder to read since the black mounting bolt is between the I and 1, so it looks like another H.

AMPS
1st October 2004, 16:07
My deepest apologies. I forgot about the truly international flavour of the web.
Lou

mangell6
2nd October 2004, 17:18
Maybe just get branding iron & hit your neck with ?Slave to the state of ?etc? :bye:

Dave,

Don't need to be so aggressive, be like the state it passes a law and makes everyone more dependant.

I have a PP because I purchased a brand new bike, never been ridden by anyone else, or even started. I figured that spending a little bit more was well worth it. F ZED 1

Mike

pete376403
3rd October 2004, 21:55
Ist one was easy-peasy, second one? use a mirror :doobey:

And EIEIO?

MacDonald - was he a farmer?

scumdog
4th October 2004, 04:51
MacDonald - was he a farmer?

Dead right that man!! yes, he is a farmer, - one of the more novel plates I thought.

marty
4th October 2004, 08:51
there are some clever ones -

DEIMBT
FNBAD7 - on an RX7
STIFF - on the California Girls hearse
HAGA - that one was in AMPS on the RSV
POOOOS - unmade
WEEEES - unmade also, but both can be bought from me for $1000 each

Juan
5th October 2004, 09:40
Well personally I think a PP should make you think or match the vehicle like my (non bike) one does. I have no respect for DAVE24 or JOE200 etc.

We have three pp on various bikes... F411 MAN (F4 1+1)
RMN 46 on my wifes Rossi rep RVF
236 JMN on my Brutale (birf day)

marty
5th October 2004, 14:18
what the brutale or the plate?

i think you're just showing off you i love man go fast motorbike man you :)

Jamezo
5th October 2004, 17:09
yay, PWN3D is still there, as is JAMEZO

too bad, PMPMBL (somthing I dreamed up ages ago, it was there about a year ago) is now taken.

ASSH4T is there. yeesh, there's probably anything you want, if you are 1337 enough. the more 1337 the population is, the more people are likely to steal your plate, but at least more people will be able to read it. actually, so is ASSHAT. go for it!

so is AZNFAG (lol, any takers?)

so is RIIICE

and GHEY

I can think of so many more...

NC
5th October 2004, 17:18
Ah dad put the dep on the plate, the other day. GURL for my bike.
And for the cage I have NFLCTD.

I love plates :D

Ghost Lemur
5th October 2004, 19:20
We have three pp on various bikes... F411 MAN (F4 1+1)
RMN 46 on my wifes Rossi rep RVF

Is your wife's name Ruth?

*Enough of a pause to get Juan worried* :eek:

Saw a picture of what looked like her bike on a rvf site with credits to Ruth of Isle of Man. :calm: :cool2:

Juan
6th October 2004, 05:13
Is your wife's name Ruth?

*Enough of a pause to get Juan worried* :eek:

Saw a picture of what looked like her bike on a rvf site with credits to Ruth of Isle of Man. :calm: :cool2:

Yep, so plate works for Ruth and Rossi :sunny:

You could be a copper with detective skills like that :msn-wink:

Juan
6th October 2004, 05:15
what the brutale or the plate?

i think you're just showing off you i love man go fast motorbike man you :)

Well both really :cool2: and yes I'm showing off :niceone:

Lou Girardin
6th October 2004, 05:47
Then there's the genius's that spend $400 to duplicate the name badge on the car. Yesterday I saw CIMA V8 on a................................Cima V8.
Creativity, self-expression, it's all there.

NordieBoy
6th October 2004, 08:37
Someone in Nelson...
http://motorsport.nelson.geek.nz/drag/Motueka-2004-01-03/img_3348.jpg

Blakamin
6th October 2004, 08:43
Someone in Nelson...
http://motorsport.nelson.geek.nz/drag/Motueka-2004-01-03/img_3348.jpg
He coulda fitted the engine in the middle of the car
:confused: