PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: 3 Minute Vigil for Child Abuse Victims

Bend-it
7th August 2007, 18:08
See article: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4156220a10.html

It would be cool to do something similar here in Wellington with a strong showing of bikes and bikers. I'm not sure about stopping bikes on the motorway, it could result in an unpleasant pile-up.

Is there somewhere on the motorway there's a shoulder we could stop at?

Any ideas?

JimO
7th August 2007, 18:16
doubt it will make a bit of difference the whole world could stop and these peices of shit will continue to breed and bash each other

Slides
8th August 2007, 07:10
While I agree that the idea is full of fantastic sentiment, any combination of abuse and silence is sending the wrong message.

A better idea would be if everyone sat on their horns for 1 minute instead, i.e. make as much noise about the unfortunate victims as you can...

Maverick
8th August 2007, 07:44
Oh FFS, who is going to be held responsible when someone stops their car on the motorway, gets out and is killed by a truck!

Lula
8th August 2007, 08:55
Maverick if you're not doing anything give me a call at 12:12 I'll be free.

Hitcher
8th August 2007, 09:02
An officially sanctioned period of doing nothing and saying nothing about a problem that is exacerbated by people doing and saying nothing. Grimly ironic.

Five minutes of fame for the organisers on tonight's TV news. Meanwhile, in homes all over the country, people are being cruely abused and neglected.

avgas
8th August 2007, 09:55
How about for 3 minutes we go face to face for the parents and all stare at them

janno
8th August 2007, 09:58
An officially sanctioned period of doing nothing and saying nothing about a problem that is exacerbated by people doing and saying nothing. Grimly ironic.

Five minutes of fame for the organisers on tonight's TV news. Meanwhile, in homes all over the country, people are being cruely abused and neglected.

Yes, Mr Happy Clapper Christian on the telly appeared to see no irony in the gesture at all. Unless he was actually being very metaphysical in a deep and meaningful way.

I second all of the above quote.

QMOTO
8th August 2007, 10:23
I will be eating my lunch to ensure my silence:yes:

Deano
8th August 2007, 10:37
It's a joke - but then again it is Christine Rankin's idea...

Who else saw the funeral on the news last night...Nia's mother "It isn't a sad time, it's a time for happiness." A time for love and support for the whanau"...........FFS !!

Where was the love while Nia was being tortured ?