PDA

View Full Version : Parking at uni sucks!!!

Metalor
8th August 2007, 23:32
Had a test at 6 tonight, got there 10 mins early.... you think I could find a park? NOT A CHANCE!

I'm really missing having me bike :crybaby:

boostin
9th August 2007, 07:17
Logic test?

bomma
9th August 2007, 12:53
Logic test?

haha i did logic couple of sems ago!! dat was honestly the most confusing paper ive ever had the pleasure of doing at uni...

went to the final test tipsy and i still walked away with an A :D but man i wudnt suggest it as logic trees are pretty scary when ur tipsy

xwhatsit
9th August 2007, 13:04
Hahaha -- the famous Phil 101, GPA-booster. I took that some time ago when I was at a loss what to pick for my fourth class, and could use an easy A on my record :D

@Bomma: I still think the best thing to have pre-exam is a glass of wine, followed by a short black espresso. The red wine mellows you out and relaxes you, the espresso gives you enough juice to run on for the duration of the exam. Tipsy is another thing though :lol:

Phurrball
9th August 2007, 13:18
Loving having the Bandit back to travel to school :sunny:

I accumulated SO many parking tickets in the cage when I was bringing it to university. Bloody parking vampires...:angry:

bomma
9th August 2007, 14:05
Hahaha -- the famous Phil 101, GPA-booster. I took that some time ago when I was at a loss what to pick for my fourth class, and could use an easy A on my record :D

@Bomma: I still think the best thing to have pre-exam is a glass of wine, followed by a short black espresso. The red wine mellows you out and relaxes you, the espresso gives you enough juice to run on for the duration of the exam. Tipsy is another thing though :lol:

haha guess a glass of wine and an espresso doesnt equal 3 jugs in 40 mins before the test!!!

will look into it tho :)

ps im not an alcoholic :P

bomma
9th August 2007, 14:08
Loving having the Bandit back to travel to school :sunny:

I accumulated SO many parking tickets in the cage when I was bringing it to university. Bloody parking vampires...:angry:

awesom man shud come out on the next ride!! put some heat into your tyres ;) plus its been beautiful weather last couple of days too

where do you normally park id love to meet up!!!

yod
9th August 2007, 14:09
Had a test at 6 tonight, got there 10 mins early.... you think I could find a park? NOT A CHANCE!

I'm really missing having me bike :crybaby:

:laugh:

you mean, parking at AUCKLAND uni sucks.....

avgas
9th August 2007, 14:23
bah i'd rather walk then have to drive to uni.
no parking no problems.
thank god i dont have to study no more

Phurrball
9th August 2007, 18:04
awesom man shud come out on the next ride!! put some heat into your tyres ;) plus its been beautiful weather last couple of days too

where do you normally park id love to meet up!!!

You've already met me Nish - I crashed the bandit on Princes St a couple of days before I joined the club...I remember your green 7R and a scooter in the quad attracting me to your stand :)

Will keep an eye on the upcoming rides in my email...

It's normally parked down at Law School on Eden Cres - it's very shiny and red now after a respray :sunny:

Tickler
9th August 2007, 18:25
haha it amazing how many people have done phil101 for the easy marks.

still the parking at uni for bikes is way better than 'stalking' princes st for 30 mins trying to park a cage.

I still feel uneasy swinging u turns on symonds st just so i can get to the bike parking. some people behind me and sweet, others are not.

bomma
9th August 2007, 21:03
You've already met me Nish - I crashed the bandit on Princes St a couple of days before I joined the club...I remember your green 7R and a scooter in the quad attracting me to your stand :)

Will keep an eye on the upcoming rides in my email...

It's normally parked down at Law School on Eden Cres - it's very shiny and red now after a respray :sunny:

hahaha as you get to know me better you shall learn, as my mates have, of my horribly bad memory capacity :yes: but im sure i would recognise you if i saw you

might go for a wander tomorrow down to law school to check it out :)

bomma
9th August 2007, 21:05
haha it amazing how many people have done phil101 for the easy marks.

my motivation for doing logic came from a mate who said "why dont you do phil 101?? its the easiest paper at uni" :D

xwhatsit
10th August 2007, 00:39
:laugh:

you mean, parking at AUCKLAND uni sucks.....
Oh, do they have a polytech in Palmerston North now? Could be a competitor to AIT, or whatever they call it these days :lol: :dodge:

bah i'd rather walk then have to drive to uni.
no parking no problems.
thank god i dont have to study no more
Your bike still seems to be coming to uni though. GB400, square numberplate, Union Jack tank protector, Honda stickers removed?

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>

yod
10th August 2007, 01:05
Oh, do they have a polytech in Palmerston North now? Could be a competitor to AIT, or whatever they call it these days :lol: :dodge:

you mean UCOL ? or there is that other little uni that has a campus in palmy, auckland and wellington....

only auckland would leave a uni right smack in the middle of the cbd tho :weird: :laugh: i used to park my old gpz down alfred (i think its alfred?) - do the bikes still all park down there? primo spot right in the middle of the campus but if you drive you're screwed....

Metalor
10th August 2007, 07:43
Haha, yea it was a phil 101 test. VERY easy paper :) I ended up having to wait in traffic to get down to tournament cos traffic was so bad on princes and symonds street and then had to walk up to the 260 building with a bung foot! Late for the test aswell of course. haha, luckily it was a very easy test.

xwhatsit
10th August 2007, 15:40
you mean UCOL ? or there is that other little uni that has a campus in palmy, auckland and wellington....

only auckland would leave a uni right smack in the middle of the cbd tho :weird: :laugh: i used to park my old gpz down alfred (i think its alfred?) - do the bikes still all park down there? primo spot right in the middle of the campus but if you drive you're screwed....

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>Heheh just winding you up.

Alfred St, yeah, I sometimes call it Albert St as it's right opposite Albert Park. But Albert St is somewhere else :D No, they had the parking there up until early this year (I think that was the time), there's a thread up about it.

Complete pain in the arse they removed the parking there, it was such a good place. Now you have to park on busy Symonds St, somehow back your bike in quickly while there is a break in the traffic, and when you leave you have to pull a pretty dangerous U-turn usually.

Most uni students wouldn't drive anyway, even if there was masses of cheap parking. Too expensive in fuel alone, and driving around the CBD is no fun at all.

Squiggles
10th August 2007, 16:28
<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>Heheh just winding you up.

Alfred St, yeah, I sometimes call it Albert St as it's right opposite Albert Park. But Albert St is somewhere else :D No, they had the parking there up until early this year (I think that was the time), there's a thread up about it.

I think i saw your bike last night, parked up on princes where the old bike parking used to be...

Having not done phil 101, surely it cant be easier than compsci111? for omg, you're using a "computer" to read this :shit:

xwhatsit
10th August 2007, 17:15
I think i saw your bike last night, parked up on princes where the old bike parking used to be...

Having not done phil 101, surely it cant be easier than compsci111? for omg, you're using a "computer" to read this :shit:

Yep, that would've been me -- I park on the big slab of concrete path on the corner of Princes and Albert.

Hahah haven't done CS111, it used to be you could do it no matter what, but now it's restricted against CS101 and CS105, which are `real' papers I took, being a CS major. I have heard stories, though :yes:<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>

Metalor
11th August 2007, 02:20
Yep, that would've been me -- I park on the big slab of concrete path on the corner of Princes and Albert.

Hahah haven't done CS111, it used to be you could do it no matter what, but now it's restricted against CS101 and CS105, which are `real' papers I took, being a CS major. I have heard stories, though :yes:<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>

Nah, CS111 isn't restricted. I took it last semester and my mate who's doing either stage 2 or 3 compsci is taking 111 aswell! haha, points filling papers are great!

xwhatsit
11th August 2007, 11:54
Damn! I should've done it. There's loads of cute foreign students who are taking it too.

Metalor
11th August 2007, 16:59
Damn! I should've done it. There's loads of cute foreign students who are taking it too.

Haha, there's one foreign chick my mates and I call "compsci chick" who used to hang around the maths and physics building on her break... but she doesn't look as good this semester cos she dyed her hair blonde... she looked better as a brunette IMO, haha.

xwhatsit
11th August 2007, 23:58
Haha, there's one foreign chick my mates and I call "compsci chick" who used to hang around the maths and physics building on her break... but she doesn't look as good this semester cos she dyed her hair blonde... she looked better as a brunette IMO, haha.

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>*Sigh*

You just made me realise that once I graduate, I will no longer be able to taste so easily the sweet sweetness of the student-female :mellow:

Squiggles
12th August 2007, 15:26
<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>*Sigh*

You just made me realise that once I graduate, I will no longer be able to taste so easily the sweet sweetness of the student-female :mellow:

Masters degree? :lol:

Metalor
13th August 2007, 08:44
I don't know what it is about auckland uni, but it seems that whoever decides who is and who isn't accepted into uni is under strict instruction that AT LEAST 3/4 of all females enrolled at one time have to be of above average in the looks department.

Is it just me or do you guys notice it aswell? There seems to be multitudes of very nice pieces of eye candy!

boostin
13th August 2007, 09:40
I don't know what it is about auckland uni, but it seems that whoever decides who is and who isn't accepted into uni is under strict instruction that AT LEAST 3/4 of all females enrolled at one time have to be of above average in the looks department.

Is it just me or do you guys notice it aswell? There seems to be multitudes of very nice pieces of eye candy!

I agree, never seems to be any shortage around uni, can't wait for summer to be back again... :sunny:

bomma
13th August 2007, 20:10
I agree, never seems to be any shortage around uni, can't wait for summer to be back again... :sunny:

hehe hu wears short shorts?!?! ;)

Squiggles
13th August 2007, 22:09

are you offering? :innocent:

Hanne
13th August 2007, 22:12

Lol that was ME asking, btw.......:sunny:

could put in an order for bike club stubbies, what do you reckon?? :innocent::innocent:

bomma
13th August 2007, 22:31
are you offering? :innocent:

depends on whos askin stephen ;)

Metalor
15th August 2007, 13:25
Haha, my dad wears stubbies! I guess it comes with being a builder though.

bomma
19th August 2007, 15:59
Haha, my dad wears stubbies! I guess it comes with being a builder though.

stubbies are awesme!!!! :yes:

ital916
21st August 2008, 23:23
dredge hehe

Patar
21st August 2008, 23:44
I can't believe there were complaints about parking at uni this time last year.
Compared to now, last year it was almost pleasurable parking at uni...

(Someone shoot me when summer comes a knocking... uhg)

Folcan
22nd August 2008, 10:32
Why are you practicing thread necromancy? :P

I heard that it is frowned upon in online forums. especially to this level

ital916
22nd August 2008, 12:09
TO show how the club is exactly the same, every fifth new thread is a parking sucks thread, or a join the club thread etc haha and to to just throw spanners into the works.

Infractions are infractions, fight the establishment!

bomma
22nd August 2008, 12:36
^ lol another troll who goes around pointing out the obvious.....well done sir, well done. :clap:

ital916
22nd August 2008, 19:07
If I'm a troll I want a fucking bridge to go with the role. Captain obvious is my hero, I love the episode where he and lady safe sex fight the evil spermacon.

Phurrball
26th August 2008, 15:46
TO show how the club is exactly the same, every fifth new thread is a parking sucks thread, or a join the club thread etc haha and to to just throw spanners into the works.

Infractions are infractions, fight the establishment!

Perhaps that is not a bad thing, but rather indicative of the fact that these are important and ongoing issues worthy of discussion??

This thread smells of decomposition - surely it should have degenerated into a pile of binary goo when you molested it by inserting a spanner in its works...

*EWWWWW! Don't do that with spanners! It's not what they're for*

bomma
27th August 2008, 00:15
maybe someone should change the name of this thread to "Parking at Uni STILL sucks but now bikes are being stolen!!!" FTW :blink::gob: