PDA

View Full Version : Motorhead, New Plymouth, 19-20 October

cynna
11th August 2007, 16:30
motorhead are playing in new plymouth 19th (and maybe 20th) october

i will be riding up for this so does any know of any decent motels in new plymouth? hopefully one that would have somewhere safe to store my bike

also how far away is new plymouth from wellington?

Waylander
11th August 2007, 16:51
Time to start saving up money.

MyGSXF
11th August 2007, 16:53

355ks :yes:

Conquiztador
11th August 2007, 18:34
w/e after Linkin Park. October looks full.

Any more infor re tickets, price etc?

Conquiztador
11th August 2007, 18:42
Tickets on sale Friday 17th August 9am

But no price as yet available.

cynna
11th August 2007, 18:45
... and the exploited are touring end of september

tickets for motorhead are from ticketek. i deleted the email but i think it may have been from august 15

cynna
11th August 2007, 18:48
doh i was too slow

outlawtorn
11th August 2007, 20:06
No offence to New Plymouth, but why the hell are they playing there?

I'll have to start saving!!

soundbeltfarm
11th August 2007, 20:14
because the promotors are on to it and go after these acts.
not sure how they got EJ but most of the bands that come have been there done that. still some good ones though.

Pussy
11th August 2007, 20:25

Because of the "Bowl of Brooklands" where the concerts take place.... a very good natural amphitheatre

Waylander
11th August 2007, 20:50

If I manage to make it to this one, Meet in Hamilton and ride down?

The Pastor
11th August 2007, 20:56
i wouldnt mind seeing them, but i think im away for that weekend :(

obstacle
11th August 2007, 21:15
I saw them a couple of years ago.

Loudest. Concert. Ever.

Lemmy sure knows how to rock.

young1
11th August 2007, 22:06
Because of the "Bowl of Brooklands" where the concerts take place.... a very good natural amphitheatre

I dont think it is at the Bowl, the TSB Stadium on the race course?

AND... there is nothing wrong with the New Plymouth or the Naki, just got some people up here who are on to it, eg we have had the World Long Track Champs, still have World Triathlon Champs, Elton John is here this year, etc etc!

Conquiztador
11th August 2007, 23:44
Shagger from Magogs used to organise the concerts. Not sure if this is done by his crowd?

Lias
12th August 2007, 10:27
I'm planning on going to this.

Probably in the cage thou cos the missus will more than likely be coming.

Waylander
12th August 2007, 11:41
I'm planning on going to this.

Probably in the cage thou cos the missus will more than likely be coming.
You don't have a pillion seat?

Deviant Esq
12th August 2007, 13:00
Took us a little over 5 hours with a couple of stops included in the car, in no particular hurry, so it isn't too bad.

I'd love to go to Motorhead but I dunno what they're doing in New Plymouth. Why not Wellington? Less distance to travel, much bigger city = more tickets sold... :mellow: Not sure if I'll make it to this concert.

Lias
12th August 2007, 18:18
You don't have a pillion seat?

Well yes, but that doesnt mean she'd sit on it lol.

Boob Johnson
12th August 2007, 23:08
motorhead are playing in new plymouth 19th (and maybe 20th) october

i will be riding up for this so does any know of any decent motels in new plymouth? hopefully one that would have somewhere safe to store my bike

also how far away is new plymouth from wellington?Bout 350Km's, will take you around 4 hours (without stops). My sister & hubby own a motel & a backpackers which are both walking distance to the venue. The motel is fine for bikes but not perfect as it doesn't have a lock up garage but plenty of bikers stay there as they can park the bike right outside there room. The backpackers has an underground car park which is perfect. I used to park my bike in there when I ran the place. The backpackers has private rooms which are just like motel rooms with ensuite shower (some shared with only one room next door, joined in the middle), has all the linen supplied, towels, TV, tea & coffee facilities etc, a great place. I lived onsite & ran it for a year & a half & constantly got comments that its one of the best places to stay (in its price range) not only in NZ but the world. Has high speed net access (5 PC's) a 50inch TV in the lounge with all the SKY channels & a great kitchen fully loaded. Its right in the middle of town surrounded by pubs, clubs & restaurants & of course walking distance to everything, it will cost you $55 for two people in a private room or $50 for a single.

www.sunflowerlodge.co.nz <--------- heres the site if you wish to check it out & make a booking

ps: ring up, you will get it cheaper than booking on the site :niceone:

Boob Johnson
12th August 2007, 23:11
Shagger from Magogs used to organise the concerts. Not sure if this is done by his crowd?I doubt it, after all the shit those guys have been in over the last wee while (with the rape cases etc) they aren't too well recieved anymore. Hence why the bike show's aren't sorted by them anymore, no one with any respect wants to put there name next there's.

cynna
13th August 2007, 09:19
www.sunflowerlodge.co.nz <--------- heres the site if you wish to check it out & make a booking
:

wow - cheers for that. thats exactly what i need. just need to get the time off work sorted now......

Conquiztador
14th August 2007, 23:58
I doubt it, after all the shit those guys have been in over the last wee while (with the rape cases etc) they aren't too well recieved anymore. Hence why the bike show's aren't sorted by them anymore, no one with any respect wants to put there name next there's.

Apparently there has been some sheit going down I hear. Last time I was over the White Hearth (I think the hotel is called) was almost empty.

Used to travel to NP for their concerts.

Boob Johnson
15th August 2007, 12:58
Apparently there has been some sheit going down I hear. Last time I was over the White Hearth (I think the hotel is called) was almost empty.

Used to travel to NP for their concerts."White Heart" is its name. Not sure what's been going down so to speak, don't hang out in those circles but from what ive seen the pub is pretty empty these days. Its falling apart which doesn't help & has been up for sale but the parking is lacking, the neighbour who owns the carparks next to it knows this & is holding them over a barrel from what I have heard. Be a shame to see it completely go, my sister & her hubby looked at it a while back, would of been nice to see it restored to its former glory & finally ditch the Magog image its held so long.

cynna
17th August 2007, 16:39
just booked in at the sunflower lodge

is the underground park a private park or is it for guests at the backpackers?

cynna
30th August 2007, 18:00
rose tattoo have pulled out so now sticky filth, dawn of azazel and flames in paris (i think that was the name) have been added

Boob Johnson
30th August 2007, 18:40
just booked in at the sunflower lodge

is the underground park a private park or is it for guests at the backpackers?Sweet mate, the car park is a private completely secure carpark but is shared with some local businesses that rent space there. Its only small, like about 12 parks. I used to park my bike there with no drama's & I wouldn't expect any as it's only local businesses that use it and they don't use it much over the weekends & at night, plus the only entrance/exit has police camera's on that street as well as surrounding ones so it's safe as :niceone:

In the year and a half I ran the place we had plenty of bikers stay with us.

MisterD
30th August 2007, 18:51
I have to (shamefully) admit that I've lost touch with where the 'head are at. What's the line up these days?

Lemmy and three other blokes? Haven't seen them since 1990...

cynna
4th September 2007, 13:53
I have to (shamefully) admit that I've lost touch with where the 'head are at. What's the line up these days?

Lemmy and three other blokes? Haven't seen them since 1990...

heres the line up from the ticketek site

"Although the band has gone through numerous personnel changes in the years since, from 1996’s Overnight Sensation album, the team of Lemmy, guitarist Phil Campbell and drummer Mikkey Dee have been set firmly in cement, and are now the longest lasting lineup in the band’s history. Lemmy, who is now sixty one and seemingly bullet proof, is hard rock’s answer to Keith Richards, a swaggering, sage-like elder statesman who has lived to tell more tales than most people have ever dreamt of. "

Lias
20th September 2007, 10:41
*sigh* fate is definitly conspiring against me attending this.

Finally thought I had enough $$$ to go, was gonna by my ticket tomorrow, then my boss tells me the Microsoft training course we've been fighting tooth and nail to get approved is a go, and its the week ending the 19th, which means I'm gonna be in dorkland until around 4-5pm on the day of the concert. Given the concert now starts at 4:40 (thou motorhead dont start till 9:30ish) the odds of me making it are damn near non existant.. Pretty much my only option would be to fly down from dorkland which is another $120 I don't have, plus I'd have to find a way to get home to Hamilton as well.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

Dazza
20th September 2007, 14:41
" would of been nice to see it restored to its former glory & finally ditch the Magog image its held so long.Not that I :apint:there,yes it'd be nice to see it done up. But hey the Magogs have been part of the scene there for over 30yrs :niceone:Oh & definately a 4 hr journey from Wellington to NP, one of the most boring rides/drives in the North, & theres the odd boy in blue on the way, especially between Hawera & NP

cynna
20th September 2007, 17:37
Oh & definately a 4 hr journey from Wellington to NP, one of the most boring rides/drives in the North, & theres the odd boy in blue on the way, especially between Hawera & NP

damn i have to make that return journey - hope its not that boring

will have to have my eye out after Hawera then

Boob Johnson
20th September 2007, 22:54
Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck FUCK!Aucka loffa to New Plymouth is about 3 1/2 hours by bike :msn-wink:

ps: turn off at the BP around Ngarawahia which comes out @ Otorohanga (saves a bit more time) but be careful around Te Kuiti (on the straights coming in) as the local cop is well known to be the worst in the country for handing out fines.

Not that I :apint:there,yes it'd be nice to see it done up. But hey the Magogs have been part of the scene there for over 30yrs :niceone:Oh & definately a 4 hr journey from Wellington to NP, one of the most boring rides/drives in the North, & theres the odd boy in blue on the way, especially between Hawera & NP30yrs is long enough, time for a change, besides they are all old n grey now, gone are the days of 30+ HD's lined up outside.

damn i have to make that return journey - hope its not that boring, will have to have my eye out after Hawera thenKeep ya eye out everywhere round there. The only reason some say its boring is because high speeds are very easy to do, hence its well patrolled.

cynna
21st September 2007, 18:50
2nd motorhead concert has finally been announced. its at the same venue the night after (sat the 20th i think)

if anyone is into punk crux and pisschrist from australia are playing wellington thursday (18th? oct)then there is also punkfest in wellington fri night, sat afternoon, sat night and sunday after noon

4 nights, 1600km, motorhead, crux, pisschrist and about 25 nz punk and metal bands. gonna be a busy weekend for me...

ALLY G
23rd September 2007, 17:36
I managed to get accomadation for the 19th about 200mtrs from the gig.
$35 each The room sleeps 7 . 4 of which r spoken for .
Interested in shareing ? E mail or TXT me 0211734417
cheers Al.

Dazza
24th September 2007, 09:50
ps: turn off at the BP around Ngarawahia which comes out @ Otorohanga (saves a bit more time) but be careful around Te Kuiti (on the straights coming in)
Nah- turn off @ Rangariri & go across the river & head down the true left bank of the mighty Waikato which takes you through the back streets in Huntly & then into Ngaruawahia30yrs is long enough, time for a change, besides they are all old n grey now, gone are the days of 30+ HD's lined up outside.

Keep ya eye out everywhere round there. The only reason some say its boring is because high speeds are very easy to do, hence its well patrolled.Only reason some say it's boring is because it is, nice big straight roads with only a couple of spots that are interesting !!!:devil2:

Lias
24th September 2007, 10:49
Fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah

Ok my mates are all going to the 19th concert, but still :-)

It means I should be able to go..

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

nadroj
25th September 2007, 07:56
2nd concert on sat 20th confirmed.

cynna
25th September 2007, 12:38
free tshirts available from the concert as well

Conquiztador
30th September 2007, 13:55
Fri 19 Oct TSB STADIUM New Plymouth 4.00pm
Paris In Flames, World War Four, Sticky Filth, Dawn Of Azazel, 8Ft Sativa, MOTORHEAD

Sat 20 Oct TSB STADIUM New Plymouth 4.00pm
Duplo, World War Four, Sticky Filth, Cripple Mr Onion, Sinate, MOTORHEAD

Taniwha
1st October 2007, 09:49
Those FREE T-shirts are unique to this gig too - "Motorhead Taranaki" - cool. How do you get the shirt though? At the concert?

pritch
1st October 2007, 11:20
Coupla things:

While riding to Stratford the other day I could have sworn I saw a sign advertising a National Motorcycle Expo next Easter. So that looks like business as usual.

Also the hotel is actually the "White Hart", which is why there is a carving of a stag on top.

cynna
15th October 2007, 08:26
"Friday night running order for anyone interested:

Motorhead 9.30 - 11.10

8 Foot Sativa 8.30 - 9.00

Dawn Of Azazel 7.30 - 8.00

Sticky Filth 6.30 - 7.00

World War 4 5.30 - 6.00

Paris In Flames 4.40 - 5.00

Doors 4pm"

no passouts from the venue and half hour between bands!!!!!

wheres the best place to go after the gig? doesn anyone know if the basement bar has any bands that night