PDA

View Full Version : BT45 vs Sport Demon vs RoadRiders

erik
12th August 2007, 14:23
I need new tyres for the bandit 400, 110/70-17 front, 150/70-17 rear.

I've currently got Avon RoadRiders, but want to try another brand. I was thinking Sport Demons since I've used them in the past and they seemed ok, but when I phoned CycleTreads they said Sport Demons were shite and that they'd recommend Pilot Powers or BT45's. I don't want to spend $540 for the Pilot Powers, so it's BT45's or Sport Demons.

I haven't had the confidence in the RoadRiders to take the tyres to the edge, they feel like they start to slip ('course it could be I'm just nervous and imagining it, but I don't want to find out...).

I've got just under 12,000km from the RoadRiders.

I commute, do weekend rides and will be doing some trackdays in the future too.

My previous bike came with BT45's on it, but it's so long ago I can't remember how they went. I can't really remember too well how the Sport Demons went either, but I don't remember them being bad.

Does anyone know how the BT45's compare with Sport Demons? Or have suggestions for other tyres in a similar price range. I was quoted $370 for the pair of BT45's.

MSTRS
12th August 2007, 15:57
Nothing wrong with Sport Demons or BT45's...personal choice maybe?

dino3310
12th August 2007, 16:23
i had a honda gl400 it had a cheapo on the back and when i pushed the old girl the arse would slide had a few close calls,so i bought a BT45(recommended to me by cycletreads) for the rear
awesome tyre i had no probs with it held really well,
they're a good price-dont by cheap and nasty theres a reason why there cheap.it might be harder on the wallet buying dearer tyres but there worth it if there the right ones for the bike.
cycletreads are pretty spot on with there advice,got some pretty good deals to.

Kickaha
12th August 2007, 16:30
Does anyone know how the BT45's compare with Sport Demons? Or have suggestions for other tyres in a similar price range. I was quoted $370 for the pair of BT45's.

I haven't used Sport Demons but I run my pre82 race bike (RD350LC) on BT45 and they are very good wet or dry

scracha
12th August 2007, 16:44
Brilliant tyres in the wet, used them on my Divvy 600 and they lasted well too.

Grumpy
12th August 2007, 16:53
I had Sport Demons on a GS500 that I used to commute on. Got around 20000km's out of them including a couple of track days at 'Puke. Can't say I can recall them ever giving me any indication that they were'nt up to the job.

I've not tried any of the others but I'm sure they're all good tyres. Comes down to price and preferance in the end.

erik
12th August 2007, 22:07
Cheers for the replies. I think I'll give the BT45's a go.

moT
12th August 2007, 22:46
sport demons fantastic tyres ppl in the pre90s class race with em and if they think its good enough it must be

Devil
13th August 2007, 09:13
I ran BT45's and Sport Demons back to back on the old 250. I'd give the nod to the BT45's...

clint640
13th August 2007, 15:00
I gave a set of BT45's a bloody good thrashing on the road & track on my old VFR400 & I've got a set for trackdays for the KTM, They're good value I reckon, no doubt there are stickier tyres out there, but ya can ride the BT45's right to the edge & they're nicely predictable in the dry, OK in the wet but not great.

Cheers
Clint