PDA

View Full Version : What your take on Metzler m3 sportecs?

Harry the Barstard
12th August 2007, 19:22
I'm about ready to do a tyre replacment and although i know there are many tyre treads out there i have this one question.

Whenever people are talking tyres they never recomend the Metzler's. I had them on my last bike (1992 ZXR750) The blue one for the nor westerners and ran the m3 Sportec tyres on her and they were great. The zxr was a heavyer older bike (not that im complaining, as i thought she was the shit). But the tyres never gave me cause for alarm, even two up. Before all the "your not riding hard enough blah blah wank wank" comments come out, im no pro thats why I'M asking the questions, but im still no slug and rode her pretty well.

Im thinking of putting of putting the M3's on my 05 ZX6RR as im not so happy with the current guys. Just was woundering realy if there was something i dont know about and why people never seem to reccomend them.

Any advise would be just gravey.

Cheers

saul
12th August 2007, 19:57
I'm about ready to do a tyre replacment and although i know there are many tyre treads out there i have this one question.

Whenever people are talking tyres they never recomend the Metzler's. I had them on my last bike (1992 ZXR750) The blue one for the nor westerners and ran the m3 Sportec tyres on her and they were great. The zxr was a heavyer older bike (not that im complaining, as i thought she was the shit). But the tyres never gave me cause for alarm, even two up. Before all the "your not riding hard enough blah blah wank wank" comments come out, im no pro thats why I'M asking the questions, but im still no slug and rode her pretty well.

Im thinking of putting of putting the M3's on my 05 ZX6RR as im not so happy with the current guys. Just was woundering realy if there was something i dont know about and why people never seem to reccomend them.

Any advise would be just gravey.

Cheers

I think that Idrumm uses them on his 04-05 R1 and he seems to like them:sunny:

I am using Pilot Powers at the mo and before that I had supercosa's on, I will be going back to them after winter and water has gone:sunny:

Mental Trousers
12th August 2007, 20:01
Buy the M3's. Pilot Powers broke my collar bone.

boomer
12th August 2007, 20:08

are you sure it wasn't the pink old girl you ride?

Mental Trousers
12th August 2007, 20:11
are you sure it wasn't the pink old girl you ride?

Nah, she's a keeper that one. If anything it was Puke. It ripped the shit out of the Power Pilot so it was totally farked, therefore spitting me off the side.

more_fasterer
13th August 2007, 16:59
The guys that I ride with all rave about the M3's, whether they're on an RGV250, Hornet 6 or ZX-9R.

Someone else's 2c right there...

Devil
13th August 2007, 19:02
Yep, M3's are great. :scooter:

jrandom
13th August 2007, 20:15
I have M3s on my bike and I still fell off.

They must be terrible.

:innocent:

Chrislost
13th August 2007, 20:37

i have pilot powers on my k5 750.
only seem to have a problem when its wet and im running over cats eyes on the motorway or trying to pull the front up.

kiwifruit
13th August 2007, 20:44
great tyres esp in winter

Harry the Barstard
13th August 2007, 21:34
Cheers fellas,

what are the down sides if any? Are they a harder compound? Or is it just a case of there are quiet a few good makes of tyre out there and it just boils down to your personal experance's with them and what brands you have come to trust?

Like i say they where great on my ZXR750.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated just wanted to know if everyone eles knew something i didn't.

Mental Trousers
13th August 2007, 21:47
There's been other threads. Have a look at some of the others. Here's 1 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=820325#post820325) from not long ago.