PDA

View Full Version : Putting fliers on bikes - Annoying?? YES. Illegal?? You tell me.

bomma
13th August 2007, 20:21
Hey all,
we are thinking about sticking up fliers on bikes letting people know about the club and also about the AGM and the sign up stand we are having on wednesday...

but we are just wondering if thats legal?? i mean we get heapsa shit (fliers) stuck on our bikes all the time while parked round uni and obviously this is annoying but i have been told by a colleague that this is illegal?!?!

just wanted to know if this was true....dont want the club to get into shit....

skidMark
13th August 2007, 20:51
Hey all,
we are thinking about sticking up fliers on bikes letting people know about the club and also about the AGM and the sign up stand we are having on wednesday...

but we are just wondering if thats legal?? i mean we get heapsa shit (fliers) stuck on our bikes all the time while parked round uni and obviously this is annoying but i have been told by a colleague that this is illegal?!?!

just wanted to know if this was true....dont want the club to get into shit....

staple something to the tree next to all the bikes...

some people may get a bit pissed when ur putting things on thier cbr600rr's etc.

Mole_C
13th August 2007, 21:17
staple something to the tree next to all the bikes...

some people may get a bit pissed when ur putting things on thier cbr600rr's etc.

Agree, it'll just end up on the ground if u put it on the bikes.

gijoe1313
13th August 2007, 21:35
You need to be more creative with it...put things like "Guns! Booze! Girls! Fast Bikes and Bike Bling!"

That'll sort it out! :msn-wink:

xwhatsit
13th August 2007, 21:42
I tell you what it pisses me off.

When I was riding every day in winter, they'd put their flyers under the seat strap. When it hosed down, the plain-paper ones would go all mushy and make a big mess all over the seat. The worst, though, were the glossy printed ones -- they'd leave ink marks, a mirror-image of the printing over the leather of the seat. Really pissed me off. Have to scrub all that shit off first before I sit on the seat, don't I? Don't want it on my arse.

I'll tell you this -- not one of the companies that left flyers on my bike will get my business (at least if I can remember who is who ;)).

mbazza
13th August 2007, 21:48
Over thirty years since I got pissed off with stickers for the latest student cause were placed on the crome mudgaurd of the CB 350. At least your fliers are about bike stuff. Cheers:scooter:

bomma
13th August 2007, 22:36
You need to be more creative with it...put things like "Guns! Booze! Girls! Fast Bikes and Bike Bling!"

That'll sort it out! :msn-wink:

hahaha dang man u wanna be the clubs creative director/marketing director??

we'll pay you with hugs n kisses........from Dan :)

klyong82
13th August 2007, 22:37
I reckon we should get the Red Bull girls to do our bike club promotion at Uni. I think it will attract super attention or Shaun Harris to promote the club. haha. I must be going nuts. We could also make club stickers that we paste on members bike

bomma
13th August 2007, 22:43
I reckon we should get the Red Bull girls to do our bike club promotion at Uni. I think it will attract super attention or Shaun Harris to promote the club. haha. I must be going nuts. We could also make club stickers that we paste on members bike

hahaha kim mate we'll definately try and get the red bull girls to be present at the next local gathering that we have!! just for you and your new bike man!! :)

gijoe1313
14th August 2007, 22:43
I'll bring the minimoto so people can kill themselves on it around the quad! :innocent:

Hanne
15th August 2007, 21:44
I reckon we should get the Red Bull girls to do our bike club promotion at Uni.

Lol there were a couple outside Albert Park with immaculate hair and a Harley the other day...

(if you asked, it was probably 'a black bike')
(But then, I can't really talk :P)

klyong82
15th August 2007, 23:19
Lol there were a couple outside Albert Park with immaculate hair and a Harley the other day...

(if you asked, it was probably 'a black bike')
(But then, I can't really talk :P)

Pony tail immaculate hair.....hmmm....:love:

Mekk
16th August 2007, 02:32
Flyers on my bike will result in much stabbing.

Oh there will be stabbing.

gijoe1313
17th August 2007, 17:04
Flyers on my bike will result in much stabbing.

Oh there will be stabbing.

Now that there is some pure entertainment waiting to happen .. I'm going to put some flyers on your bike and get it blamed on another club... let the stabbings begin! Et tu morituri salutant! :devil2:

Lemme see... Greenpeace, Puppies for the blind, Needy Whiny liberal cause celeb of the month... all possibles...

Mom
17th August 2007, 17:57
Flyers on bikes! Dont go there! As far as illegal goes...not illegal, though you may want to factor a fine for littering into your budget if enough people throw them on the ground! Dont laugh it happens, one company I worked for used to do the carpark dump under wipers for weekend promotions, enough people were pissed off enough to chuck them, we got a big fine :yes:

On a personal note..........you put something on /under any part of my parked vehicle, be assured I will never buy/use/try/attend/whatever anything you are promoting!

mbazza
17th August 2007, 19:14
I totally ignore anything, especially buy me's left on my bike. Except rally invitations, of course. Cheers.:nono:

Squiggles
18th August 2007, 10:13
On a personal note..........you put something on /under any part of my parked vehicle, be assured I will never buy/use/try/attend/whatever anything you are promoting!

What if said flyers inform you of say, the pink ribbon ride or a RRRS course thats been organised?

Mom
18th August 2007, 23:56
What if said flyers inform you of say, the pink ribbon ride or a RRRS course thats been organised?

Mate, when I get in my car to drive somewhere, and then notice a piece of paper under the passengers side wiper so I have to undo my seatbelt, get out of the car, walk around it and remove the offending bit of paper, the very last thing I am going to do is read it! Seriously I detest that form of marketting, no matter the cause!

bomma
19th August 2007, 15:49
yea so we kinda decided against putting fliers on bikes.....

might be stabbing them onto the trees near where the bikes are parked tho....hopefully dont have to deal with any tree-hugging hippies about "injuring the trees"

"i hate those god damn f#@king hippies" - Eric Cartman

xwhatsit
19th August 2007, 17:04
yea so we kinda decided against putting fliers on bikes.....

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>You guys did right at the beginning, before the club got under way, back when it was called the Scooter Club or something. I tossed it straight in the bin :D

Then you guys posted on KB so then I joined ;)

bomma
19th August 2007, 22:14
<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>You guys did right at the beginning, before the club got under way, back when it was called the Scooter Club or something. I tossed it straight in the bin :D

Then you guys posted on KB so then I joined ;)

to be honest as much as i despised getting fliers i was really pleased when i got the one bout the scooter club,

spent 2 years at uni looking for a bike club and to finally find one put a smiile on my face

Jahdafario
23rd August 2007, 21:56
Yeah, thanks Nish,

to anyone I offended with the flyers for the scooter club, my humble apologies..... but I really hope you joined the now named "SMC" :)

Yes the marketing is annoying and other methods for posting signage from SMC will now be plastered on trees and walls,

and note that I can deal with those tree huggers, and perhaps the stabbing guy could be called on in matters of dispute with the greenies. However in the end they will thank us for our usage of small cc. engines

anyway,

cheers,

Dan