PDA

View Full Version : New Plymouth has increased popn by 1!

janno
14th August 2007, 16:21
Yes, I am now freezing my rotunda off after coming over from sunny Brisbane yesterday. :yes: :yes:

I had amazing good luck, the Emirates flight was delayed an hour so they didn't charge me for excess baggage, and the NZ leg to NP reduced my excess baggage fee by $50, so in the end I only paid $75 instead of $225 to fly my 'puter with me. Hooray! (the ticket for me only cost $220 fer jeepers sakes!!)

The bike will be in my driveway tomorrow, and I'll take it down to get vinned etc on Thursday. Anyone know of a friendly dealer who would lend me a D plate for the day? Otherwise I'll have to borrow someone to help me tie it down on Pa's trailer. Either way, shouldn't be a problem.

Many thanks to Eyetie (Ray) who has helped me with the move and made things an absolute breeze. It's made a huge difference to have inside help on this as it seemed so daunting.

KB is a wonderful place and the help we give each other is just amazing, even if you haven't met the person. :sunny:

I'm looking forward to giving back the sort of help I've had from quite a few people on here, none of whom have met me yet - but all of them had no hesitation in putting their hands up or simply making overtures of friendship, something which means a lot to me as I've just left a marriage and a ton of friends behind in Brisbane. Plenty of you will know how I'm feeling right now - fragile is the word, I think!

Anyway, looking forward to catching up with the NP crowd soon and will be making expeditions further afield so I'll be calling in on other KBers around the place too. Gotta get ride fit before the CK!

Once again, thanks so much to all I've been communicating with lately and hope to meet you all soon.

Jan.

Nasty
14th August 2007, 16:25
Welcome home Janno .. its good to see you here, no matter the circumstances .... good to know there is another KBer to visit up that way ... anytime you come down this way we have a bed :)

007XX
14th August 2007, 16:27
:sunny::woohoo:Hey Chick! You're here, safe and sound :Hurray!!!

Can't wait to meet you...and yes, we are all a wonderful, sassy and extremely smartass bunch of people...:yes:
And that's only a 10% of the reason I love KB.

klingon
14th August 2007, 16:31
Looking forward to meeting you when you come to Auckland, Janno! Glad we could welcome you back to Kiwiland with a bit of wind, some rain and some low temperatures just to remind you what you've been missing :sunny:

Pussy
14th August 2007, 16:33
Welcome back to NP, Janno. Contact details sent

ynot slow
14th August 2007, 17:58
Welcome back to the naki,just in time to watch the bloody rugby team stop loosing,plus aussies i.q just shrunk and our improved.

Get the bike going and drop down to the southern state in the naki.

Macktheknife
14th August 2007, 18:17
Welcome home Janno, let everyone know when you are ready to go ride-about.

Boob Johnson
14th August 2007, 18:35
Hey Jan, welcome to NP :cold: :o but didn't the mountain look wonderful today :yes:

Look forward to catching up & putting a face to the name. Soz bout the weather :innocent: (it's actually not as cold as it normally is this time of year lol)

Dunno bout a friendly dealer lending a plate personally but a ring around would be easy enough. If ya need a hand with the trailer just holla, im free most times of the day at present & happy to lend a hand, plus any excuse to ride somewhere is all good with me :innocent:

chanceyy
14th August 2007, 18:47
hey Jan .. yeah fragile a few of us around here been there & done that .. but what fixes that is more ks with the bike :yes:

anytime ya wanna chat added ya to my buddy list .. you have my details

Nutter34
15th August 2007, 15:49
Welcome back Jan.

Sorry about the circumstances for your return... AND the weather but where there's a bit of hope and friendship, it'll come right again...

I hope you get the little beast sorted without too much fuss. I suppose you have to see where all the gas stations are so you plan routes hey, lol...

ManDownUnder
15th August 2007, 15:52
...fragile is the word, I think!

Anyway, looking forward to catching up with the NP crowd soon and will be making expeditions further afield so I'll be calling in on other KBers around the place too. Gotta get ride fit before the CK!

Once again, thanks so much to all I've been communicating with lately and hope to meet you all soon.

Jan.

Fragile is fine... funnily it seems to be what KB does best. It certainly brings out the best in KB...

Welcome home.

willy_01
24th August 2007, 08:57
yea dont let the weather fool u New Plymouth is a pretty cool place, heaps of crazy little mountain roads to explore on ya bike

janno
24th August 2007, 14:01
Well vinning the bike was a breeze and the first two days of riding was absolutely shitful.

But shitful NP is much better than sunny but gridlocked Brisbane any day . . .

thanks to all your kind words. It's been a great stress reliever just to get out of Aus and back to a place of rush minutes instead of rush coupleofhours.