PDA

View Full Version : Hi - North Shore, AKL (Farab)

Farab
14th August 2007, 22:27
Hi All. I thought it best to come back here and formally introduce myself. I was surfing bike forums, came across this one and just wanted to join in, sort off missed the intro bit...sorry!

I am live in Forrest Hill, Auckland. I am 34 and married. We only have a Beagle at this stage!

I have always wanted to ride bike since I can remember. Almost all the men in my family are bikers, I just have not gotten around to it for one reason or the other, untill now...

I bought a not too seriously crashed VTR 250 and fixed it up. Quite a cool project. I absolutely love riding, should have done it years ago.

Would love to join up with other KB riders as well as joining in the rides. I think I;m doing ok, but have no idea how I'm progressing as I have no one telling me if I am on the right track, etc.

Cheers

Adriaan

Maha
14th August 2007, 22:42
Welcome in Farab...keep an eye out on the Events Calander for rides, wont take ya long to figure where you are best suited when it comes to riding ability. Just join in on any ride that you think sounds like you and see how it goes, Remember to ride at a pace where you feel comfitable and dont over do it, are you on a Learners?....

Farab
14th August 2007, 23:03
On my learners, going for my restricted on Friday!

Mrs Busa Pete
15th August 2007, 05:24
Hi adriaan check out the wednesday night mentor ride and the ride rite ride safe course that they have i hear they are pretty good to go along to.
Oh yer and welcome to kb you should enjoy the site there are a lot ot of good people on here.

Chickadee
15th August 2007, 09:45
Welcome to KB!

Lots of rides and folks to meet out there. Keep an eye on the events, club 250 etc.

Totally recommend doing a rrrs course (Ride right ride safe). Around $50 bucks for the day, out on a airbase. One Sunday a month they do these. There's one this weekend I believe. Go to www.rrrs.org.nz for more details. 'The Stranger' is one of the instructors, he does a mentoring night with MacktheKnife and DiscoDan.

See you out there
Chickadee

Farab
15th August 2007, 13:03
Thanks! Will check it out. May check out the AWNMR tonight, just depends on what time I finish work, etc. 18:30 at Westgate Shell right?

Does anyone know where you can do an accredited course that will be a credit towards obtaining your full license?

tide
15th August 2007, 13:17
Welcome to the nut house... as I am sure you have seen already... :Punk:

Definitely goto the AWMR well worth it... as been said before go do the RRRS well worth the money spent...

Am on the Shore too so if you keen for a ride (I'm a Nana) PM me

tide

007XX
15th August 2007, 13:24
Hi Farab...Welcome to you!

Don't trust Tide, he's a dodgy character! :lol:

Nice choice of bike, mine is exactly like yours, except a pair of aftermarket carbon pipes have been installed.

Would be awesome to meet you on one of the Thursday night rides...:Punk:

kiwifruit
15th August 2007, 13:28
welcome to the site :)

more_fasterer
15th August 2007, 13:34
Allo! Hopefully I'll see you on the road, I live just down the hill in MILFord.

Give us some details of the VTR rebuild project!

tide
15th August 2007, 14:47
Hi Farab...Welcome to you!

Don't trust Tide, he's a dodgy character! :lol:

:Oi: I'm as innocent as the day I was born... :bleh:

but :love: you too... :dodge:hehe...

Maha
15th August 2007, 14:50
Am on the Shore too so if you keen for a ride (I'm a Nana)
tide

Thank god for GPS aye......:killingme

Maha
15th August 2007, 14:51
enjoy the site there are a lot ot of good people on here.

Yeah....me being one of them.....:innocent:

tide
15th August 2007, 15:15
Thank god for GPS aye......:killingme

yeah :yes: used it way to often... :scooter: :Punk: :bleh:

007XX
15th August 2007, 15:55
:Oi: I'm as innocent as the day I was born... :bleh:

but :love: you too... :dodge:hehe...

C'mon, tickle my toes....you KNOW you want to...:killingme

Farab
15th August 2007, 16:21
Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to meeting y'all at the rides, meetings, etc. :yes:

Will pm/e-mail you from home Tide, would really like a riding buddy, any one else as well...

Will post the detail of the mini-project soon. I guess in the "projects" section of KB

Maha
15th August 2007, 16:25
Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to meeting y'all at the rides, meetings, etc. :yes:

Will pm/e-mail you from home Tide, would really like a riding buddy, any one else as well...

Will post the detail of the mini-project soon. I guess in the "projects" section of KB

Good onya mate....stay away from the those 250 rides, people seem to fall over far to often....:D

Scouse
15th August 2007, 17:02

Chickadee
15th August 2007, 18:21
Good onya mate....stay away from the those 250 rides, people seem to fall over far to often....:D

People mainly fall off when they're acting like dicks on wheels, or when there's a big group (more than 20) things can easily go wrong. If you ride within your capabilities and don't push the envelope you'll be fine (people riding together should ride at the speed comfortable for the slowest member of the group).

The RRRS will give you a lot of good skills to build on.

I hope Tide rides going to moderate his speed for a noob, he's a fasty these days.

johnnyflash
15th August 2007, 18:59
Hi All. I thought it best to come back here and formally introduce myself. I was surfing bike forums, came across this one and just wanted to join in, SNIP,,,
Adriaan

Hi Farab, glad to see you here... Yep plenty of KBers over on the shore and also at least one cruiser ride every month... keep an eye on the threads for Cruiser Group rides.. in Calender Events and Hogs and Cruiser sections...
Hope to see you on one..
Cheers

Farab
15th August 2007, 22:54
Went to AWMR tonight. Got rained out, but still very nice to meet some of you lot! Nice bunch, look forward to rides, etc.

tide
15th August 2007, 23:47
I hope Tide rides going to moderate his speed for a noob, he's a fasty these days.

Where are all these rumours coming from... :innocent:

lol I can still remember how it was to be a n00b so will definitely slow it down...

Damn it I'm still a n00b...

Farab
26th August 2007, 21:56
Went with Tide today - did Warkworth - Woodcocks -Albany . Quite a good spin, came across the Porche club on Woodcocks road, nice to see. Just want to say thanks to Tide for going with me, pretty cool ride!

El Dopa
27th August 2007, 19:04
Went with Tide today - did Warkworth - Woodcocks -Albany . Quite a good spin, came across the Porche club on Woodcocks road, nice to see. Just want to say thanks to Tide for going with me, pretty cool ride!

Hey, saw you and Tide up at Cowcop yesterday. Good to meet you.

Probably see you around up there again.

Farab
27th August 2007, 22:40
Always nice to meet new people. Enjoyed our chat - see you around!