PDA

View Full Version : Ride this weekend (18-19 August)

Squiggles
15th August 2007, 23:50
Will update this post as details eventuate

When & Where: ~10am Sunday down @ the bike parking on symonds, weather dependant

Ride details TBA, approx 200-250k's i expect, have not decided on going north or east yet, but either way will be a decent ride.

Who: Ride will be at a medium pace, not as fast as the last one, but most likely too quick for learners, i am planning a learner orientated ride for next weekend (uni holidays). Those who have been on the open road a few times and are comfortable with 100k riding, cornering and overtaking should be fine, but please, if you're not 100% confident, next weekend is for you. :yes:

Cheers,
Stephen

erix
16th August 2007, 01:09
Cant wait next week's rides for learners,:scooter: had my 250 and change my license back to the blue one only for one month plus. not really 100% confident about hi-speed riding (merely touched 80K at begin of the Dominion rd.:yawn:)

But feel really tempted when you say "Ride will be at a medium pace, not as fast as the last one" :yes:

Yeah....'but most likely too quick for learners' let me down so soon.:gob:

I think I better take the safe bet and wait one more week, and do more practice riding.:bye:

see u tonight maybe...

klyong82
16th August 2007, 09:59
I don't think I will be able to keep up but my CBR probably will. Saturday is good for me so hopefully the weather holds. Hi Squiggles, you wanna ride to Tauranga to get your tyres changed? might be a little far

Squiggles
16th August 2007, 17:06
I don't think I will be able to keep up but my CBR probably will. Saturday is good for me so hopefully the weather holds. Hi Squiggles, you wanna ride to Tauranga to get your tyres changed? might be a little far

nah, i'd eat the $50 saving going there and back :doh:

Hanne
16th August 2007, 22:36

You'd eat the $50 in half a semester's worth of pies for lunch! :nono:

klyong82
16th August 2007, 22:59

I think it is more the excitement of riding our bikes rather than the cost. Oh well it can be very expensive riding a v-twin. Probably you can ask Cycletreads to match the price...from Baycity

Squiggles
18th August 2007, 10:10
Tis tomorrow, i still havent 100% decided where though! :whocares: not expecting many due to tests and assignments before the break WOOHOO!!! :rockon:

klyong82
18th August 2007, 21:00
I'll have to pass this one tomorrow. I was waiting at the gym today. Solo ride around town.

Squiggles
19th August 2007, 00:34
I'll have to pass this one tomorrow. I was waiting at the gym today. Solo ride around town.

NoOoO, so the bike got dirty again? :shit:

We shall see what tomorrow brings, might take german exchange student on a ride somewhere depending on what happens

klyong82
19th August 2007, 08:39
NoOoO, so the bike got dirty again? :shit:

We shall see what tomorrow brings, might take german exchange student on a ride somewhere depending on what happens

The rain wasn't too bad. It got a little dirty but a good wipe and it is pretty again

bomma
19th August 2007, 15:44
Im sitting in ic lvl3, staring out the window at a most wonderous day wondering what the hell the uni staff are thinking when they decided to have tests on mondays :'(

hope you fullas are out having a good time soaking up the road and burning tread!!!

klyong82
19th August 2007, 20:10
Im sitting in ic lvl3, staring out the window at a most wonderous day wondering what the hell the uni staff are thinking when they decided to have tests on mondays :'(

hope you fullas are out having a good time soaking up the road and burning tread!!!

Bro, u missed it was a great ride....fastastic weather but I am getting bored of Kaiaua. Hoping for a different route next time round.

HungusMaximist
19th August 2007, 22:10
Gee man, next week, we're definitely gonna go for a burn!!

I gotta get my ileft ndicator fixed aye, I used my multimeter to test for continuity on the two leads on my indicator and nothing was showing up, so I pulled it out and realised the wiring on one of the leads has come loose.

I still wondering I am gonna do as I am no electrician.

I am also pondering how the heck I am gonna ride to Uni with no left idicator tomorrow.

Ha.

klyong82
19th August 2007, 22:24
Gee man, next week, we're definitely gonna go for a burn!!

I gotta get my ileft ndicator fixed aye, I used my multimeter to test for continuity on the two leads on my indicator and nothing was showing up, so I pulled it out and realised the wiring on one of the leads has come loose.

I still wondering I am gonna do as I am no electrician.

I am also pondering how the heck I am gonna ride to Uni with no left idicator tomorrow.

Ha.

Yeah told you to use the multimeter. Just connect the loose wiring by hand, solder and tape it up. If you don't have a soldering iron then just connect it by twisting the wires together. At least a cheap fix. Nice and easy job. There will be a ride next weekend when it is the school break. Not too far and learners welcome. If you coming for the ride I might have some wire connecters for you. Let me know