PDA

View Full Version : Fortnight 15 to 28 August: Where Did You Ride and What Did You Practise?

Terminated
16th August 2007, 10:23
Though we have a bit of a cold snap here in the middle of August, the days are certainly getting longer and it won’t be long before those regular mid week evening cruisie rides start up again.

With a view to providing some useful information for newbie riders I invite all riders, within this kiwibiker community, to perhaps reflect on some of those learning to ride challenges we have all experienced. If you have a particular topic you may want to present here, or are planning to examine during your riding this fortnight, then by all means take a few minutes to post up your comments.

Where you ride to is also of interest, as are any pictures you take, and any humorous thing that may have occurred. The general theme is nevertheless the riding practice so that newbie riders can perhaps get an insight to the things that can and do happen, and what we endeavour to practise so as to avoid any harm to ourselves and other road users.

The more senior riders are encouraged to post a few lines here that they believe will be helpful to, not only just new riders, but all riders in general.

At the end of the fortnight on 28 August Yungatart and Chanceyy will each choose an entry from this thread.

Their selections will then be copied across to the Newbie Update Blogg.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=1728

The blogg is intended to provide an insight to the approaches taken to motorcycle riding and I encourage all new riders to seek out an experienced riding mentor to periodically review your progress. As you gain time in the saddle and distance travelled, then plan on taking a professionally conducted advanced riding course.

Heads Up and Enjoy:yes::scooter::scooter::yes::scooter::yes:

Terminated
27th August 2007, 17:13
New Hornet arrived Friday:

Friday Evening
Tootle around Stokes Valley and down SH2

Saturday
Up and down Blue Mountains Road - Whatemans Valley
Up top of Rimutaka.

Sunday
Martinborough - coffee run [Stevedee and Johnnie had rides on new Hornet]

Monday
Wainui Hill out to State Forest and Camp Grounds [half way to coast], thoroughly enjoyed getting in the zone with the new bike, and so stopped at forest and Catchpool Camping Grounds. Back over Wainui Hill consolidated all my knowledge in this ride this afternoon. Very Very Happy.

Heads Up and Enjoy
Sadly, this thread has not had any responses, and it begs the question - Has it passed its use by date?

Terminated
27th August 2007, 17:16
Sadly, this thread has not had any responses, and it begs the question - Has it passed its use by date?

I created the forum thread for newbies and was hoping the full licence riders may also contribute.

I will be very disappointed if this 'theme - Where Did You Ride and What Did You Practise?' is left out in the cold.

Support is appreciated.

Postscript Update: Please refer to the following link, I am looking for somebody to take up the torch and carry on through spring and summer time riding, a member of the kiwibiker community that wants to maintain the theme of new rider knowledge development etc.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55990

Heads Up and Enjoy