PDA

View Full Version : You dirty bitch!

Ms Piggy
1st October 2004, 17:24
Well! I decided that instead of study I needed to be in the sunshine, ya know vitamin D and all that...ok, ok so it was yet another ploy to piss around and avoid study. :whistle:

Anyway, after seeing the look of horror on Bung Bung's face at the sprints last week when he said, "Man your bike is dirty!" I decided I'd fill up 2 buckets of water, get some kero, a tooth brush & srubbing bursh, a couple rags and give her a clean.

I started by attacking the chain with the kero & toothbrush - oh dear, oh dear. The muck & filth! I am ashamed to say I hadn't realised my back sprocket wasn't black! :o I tried getting the little front cover that is over the front sprocket & off but I couldn't undo the bolt at the bottom (a job for someone with a superior tool) so there is still a bit of gunk in there for another day. I gave the body & the pipes a general going over with hot soapy water & then warm non-soapy water.

I must say that afterwards she looked...well, clean. I only spent an hour though, I get quite picky so if I hadn't had a previous engagement I would've stayed there all afternoon. And I swear she even felt like she handled better as I rode her to go get my facial. :niceone:

Note to self: clean bike A LOT more regularly! :cool:

Storm
1st October 2004, 17:28
Hahaha :2thumbsup Nice work on the clean. I always get a buzz when I realise I can change my bike colour with just some warm water :yeah:

Blakamin
1st October 2004, 17:46
Hahaha :2thumbsup Nice work on the clean. I always get a buzz when I realise I can change my bike colour with just some warm water :yeah:
Know that feeling... tho i've been home 35 minutes, I've played with the baby, said hi to the mother in law...whose gone now :niceone: and pulled the tank and airbox off the bike to clean the plugs... just waiting for fish and chips, put bubs to bed and back into it!...might clean some stuff too! :wacko:

Slingshot
1st October 2004, 17:50
(a job for someone with a superior tool)

I've got one of those :killingme

Bonez
1st October 2004, 18:14
I started by attacking the chain with the kero & toothbrush -:
Try deisol next time it's a lot cheaper than kero and does the job.
Glad you got it looking sweet.

StoneChucker
1st October 2004, 18:56
After a couple of things in THAT post, I need a cigarette :stoogie:

I washed my bike on MONDAY, and haven't had a DAMN chance to polish, silicone, Pledge and Chain Wax it since :mad: Well, till now that is, watching the simpsons, then getting back into it :mobile:

Holy Roller
1st October 2004, 21:23
The steam cleaner gets the bike spick and span again, a quick polish and its all good. Mind you I don't have a chain to worry about. :innocent:

FROSTY
1st October 2004, 21:30
Clean--theres a concept --must wash mella yella

Wenier
1st October 2004, 23:16
i should really wash mine after the two trips on the ferry

ching_ching
2nd October 2004, 06:07
Cleaniliness is next to Godliness. :eek:

Ms Piggy
2nd October 2004, 07:40
Try deisol next time it's a lot cheaper than kero and does the job.
Glad you got it looking sweet.
Ok cheers - we had the kero just floating around so it didn't cost me :msn-wink:

I've got one of those :killingme
I bet you've said that before. :blah:

Cleaniliness is next to Godliness. :eek:
Amen to that :devil2:

Blakamin
2nd October 2004, 09:35
guess what tool didnt have the right tool??? i left my plug socket in my other bike when i sold it... oh well. my rocker covers clean :eek:

Stevo
2nd October 2004, 09:38
:doh: Man you know how to make a bloke feel guilty eh CSL? Feel as if I should go wash the mud off the back end the filthy effing bird shit off the seat and grime from my chain.

If I do all that will mine go faster too?????

Posh Tourer :P
2nd October 2004, 09:59
Dont forget to re-lubricate that chain if you clean it that well....

Ms Piggy
2nd October 2004, 11:13
Dont forget to re-lubricate that chain if you clean it that well....
I did that as well, just didn't mention it. A good lube is always necessary.

:doh: Man you know how to make a bloke feel guilty eh CSL? Feel as if I should go wash the mud off the back end the filthy effing bird shit off the seat and grime from my chain.

If I do all that will mine go faster too?????
Don't feel too guilty Stevo - it's the 1st time I washed the bike since I owned it. :pinch: And I've had it since December last year.

Dunno if it will fo any faster, you'll have to tell me once you've cleaned it!

Skyryder
2nd October 2004, 14:43
The steam cleaner gets the bike spick and span again, a quick polish and its all good. Mind you I don't have a chain to worry about. :innocent:

Been thinking of giving mine a steam clean. Any problems like do's and don'ts??

Skyryder

Ms Piggy
2nd October 2004, 15:16

Skyryder
Thre was a thread somewhere that mentioned it but I can't find it.

Coyote
2nd October 2004, 16:44
What equipment do you need for a steam clean? Might try it on my KX. Tell Madcat_ to do it to his grampys AG bike too:lol:

James Deuce
2nd October 2004, 17:30

Skyryder

Stay well away from rubber seals and anything that looks remotely like a bearing - rear wheel bearings, countershaft sprocket, rear sprocket carrier bearing, steering head bearings, front wheel bearing, gear change mechanism, instrument cluster, fuel tap, fuel lines, carbs/fuel injection, CDI, battery, relays, exposed wiring, control cables, and drive chain. Anything else that that has grease or oil on/in it that is necessary for lubrication.

A short version might be: don't steam clean. Use the ole elbow grease in preference.

Stevo
3rd October 2004, 23:29
Well I can't have felt tooo guilty as I went out diving for scallops instead. A good way to spend my Sat I reckon.

Maybe wash my bikes another day ...... hehe.:ride:

Juan
4th October 2004, 00:41
Ok i'll do soon, stop getting at me :argh:

It's ok for you guys we've got 6 to keep clean :sweatdrop

Lou Girardin
4th October 2004, 17:46
All those posts and absolutely no innuendo about facials.

James Deuce
4th October 2004, 18:36
All those posts and absolutely no innuendo about facials.

Because she can kick our collective arse, and you ain't no different brother.

If I were you I would start running about now.

The Pastor
4th October 2004, 21:55
Quick cleaning tip

Get ur women to wash ur bike.

Works wonders :)

(if u dont have one get a sister or a womenly brother or dad)

It saves alot of time and hassle but make sure they cook the next meal b4 they get there hands all dirty

Ms Piggy
4th October 2004, 22:31

Or you could do it yourself after you clean your bedroom like your Mother told you to. :msn-wink:

StoneChucker
4th October 2004, 22:37
I envisage a roman gladiator ring, with hyped up KB'ers in the spectator seats. Lynda (sitting in the emperor's seat), motions with her hand for Renegade Master to be pushed into the ring.

While pushing her Laser Etched ducati sunglasses back on, she gives the signal for the lions to be released. The crowd roars as the pride race into the arena, pounce on renagade, and tear him limb from limb... A loud "ooooohhh" emerges from the crowd, followed by riotous applause.

:devil2: :laugh:

Ms Piggy
4th October 2004, 22:41
I envisage a roman gladiator ring, with hyped up KB'ers in the spectator seats. Lynda (sitting in the emperor's seat), motions with her hand for Renegade Master to be pushed into the ring.

While pushing her Laser Etched ducati sunglasses back on, she gives the signal for the lions to be released. The crowd roars as the pride race into the arena, pounce on renagade, and tear him limb from limb... A loud "ooooohhh" emerges from the crowd, followed by riotous applause.

:killingme :killingme :killingme

badlieutenant
4th October 2004, 22:43

lol thats good :D lions tho? maybe big steroid type guys bearing 150cc bike engines with just a swing arm and some ice tyres.